Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are The Mastery Tests Being Updated For Parkour 2.0?

Phatose

A couple of those were movement focused, and without a close look, might end up nigh-impossible.  Or just impossible.

I'd argue that the movement based ones will be more possible now than they were before, hell, the raw parkour mastery test was almost impossible unless you equipped the slowest frame possible due to auto-roll and wall fling distances being so high, both of which are changed/removed in the new system.

Edited by Gelkor

I would imagine so. Practically speaking, Mastery Rank 8 shouldn't change too much as the basics are there, though some of the more involved ones could change a bit more. It'd be better, actually. That was rough...

Matter of waiting and seeing. Brightside, now they've made Mastery Tests replayable, it's more readily possible to find possible conflicts now to pass the note along, as it were.

I'd argue that the movement based ones will be more possible now than they were before, hell, the raw parkour mastery test was almost impossible unless you equipped the slowest frame possible due to auto-roll and wall fling distances being so high, both of which are changed/removed in the new system.

Quite possible.  Doubt anybody would get mad if DE doesn't look and it turns out like that, but they would if design issues made anything impossible.

The test for Mastery Rank 8 involves shooting balls while running, and when I did it with my Loki, I actually failed because, well, Loki's speed in conjunction with the boosting off walls meant I fell off all the time, but maybe in Parkour 2.0 they'll change any movement-orientated tests to suit the new moves, but hell, they might just ignore it completely.

The test for Mastery Rank 8 involves shooting balls while running, and when I did it with my Loki, I actually failed because, well, Loki's speed in conjunction with the boosting off walls meant I fell off all the time, but maybe in Parkour 2.0 they'll change any movement-orientated tests to suit the new moves, but hell, they might just ignore it completely.

that's the one that concerns me.  It was pretty clearly intended for the now nonexistent latch wall run, which seems kind of problematic.

Quite possible.  Doubt anybody would get mad if DE doesn't look and it turns out like that, but they would if design issues made anything impossible.

I just don't think they'll need to change the tests, because the new system allows you to change direction in mid air, stop yourself on a wall, control the distance of your jumps, glide in mid-air to line up shots, double jump to recover from a slip (you see Rebecca fall off the platform and doublejump quickly to get back on in the stream), and dodge prevent auto-rolls.  We are getting so many more predictable, flexible, and responsive tools with this update, I don't think any of the courses that were built for a wildly unpredictable system will need to be changed.

If anything I think the dojo-obstacle course needs to be changed because I can already see how the new system will marginalize any challenge the current obstacle course poses.

Edited by Gelkor

Not that it's going to matter in like, a week, but if you "crouch" (slide) while wall running you gently fall down rather than flying forward at mach speed. Crouching in general while in the air dramatically reduces your momentum. 

Not that it's going to matter in like, a week, but if you "crouch" (slide) while wall running you gently fall down rather than flying forward at mach speed. Crouching in general while in the air dramatically reduces your momentum. 

True, but it didn't stop the dreaded auto-roll from rolling you into oblivion, at least when I did it back in the day.  They've tweaked auto-roll 3 times since then to be less deadly.  God damn auto-roll, I hate it so much.

True, but it didn't stop the dreaded auto-roll from rolling you into oblivion, at least when I did it back in the day.  They've tweaked auto-roll 3 times since then to be less deadly.  God damn auto-roll, I hate it so much.

It's still just a timing thing after that. Provided you land on the platform with enough room to roll, you are fine. 

Which isn't to say that I don't also hate it, of course. I absolutely hate it. So much. 

It's still just a timing thing after that. Provided you land on the platform with enough room to roll, you are fine. 

Which isn't to say that I don't also hate it, of course. I absolutely hate it. So much. 

I think the worst I've ever hated it is that one void tileset room, the big one with all the elevated platforms all surrounding the central pillar thingie, oh it's so bad there. 

I think the worst I've ever hated it is that one void tileset room, the big one with all the elevated platforms all surrounding the central pillar thingie, oh it's so bad there. 

There's a spy mission where you need to drop down through a series of laser grids to platforms below. It's infuriating there. 

Edited by Acos