Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They Better Not "screw Up" On Dmg Reduction While Guarding

Acidulant

I think they said that Channeling would completely stop damage (at a cost though) and reflect damage

That could work, but ONLY if the energy cost is not connected to the damage reflected. Because otherwise we are back to the current broken system that makes blocking pretty much useless since one lvl 60+ dude can basically empty all you stamina with a single shot.

i don't like the idea of having to channel to not take any damage from blocking, i want to keep that energy for using cc abilities like shock to not get overwhelmed with enemies and also to not die when i don't have time to life strike or taking to much damage for it to even be viable.

there is just isn't enough incentive for me to block now that it doesn't even let you not take damage, seems like a step backwards and making melee only playstyle even more harder and more frustrating.

That could work, but ONLY if the energy cost is not connected to the damage reflected. Because otherwise we are back to the current broken system that makes blocking pretty much useless since one lvl 60+ dude can basically empty all you stamina with a single shot.

In Steve's tweet, i think he is saying it lowers damage by a % in PVP only. Blocking will most likely stay the same in PVE but you'll be able to reflect damage while channeling + blocking

Sorry, English is not my native language and I was on the move, so didn't understand it quite well.

Now I re-read it, yes, guns are infinitely more safer anyway, they should have left blocking it to 100% reduction.

I apologize for that misunderstanding.

It's alright, it happens.

To differentiate the sword and board, I'd give it 100% innate damage reflection (in addition to guaranteed 100% blocking) and/or a chance at finishers off blocked melee attacks.