Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Excalibur's Exalted Blade Be Affected By The New Blocking System?

mishmashmarsh

A question that I asked on the devstream but was sadly not answered. I do hope that this will not change Excalibur's exalted blade in any way.

I don't know if anyone else even though of Excalibur when they mentioned the changes to blocking but I do hope it doesn't effect him, he did just get buffed don't want to see another nerf.

Anyway wanted to keep this short and sweet :) let me know what your opinion on the upcoming blocking rework is, do you like/dislike the idea?

Would seem like a pretty fair nerf to me don't think i've ever seen an excal go down in exalted blade so it pretty much makes him invincible the resist could still be high but I think it needs a bit of a nerf when you can cut down crowds of lv100+ enemies in a matter of seconds with reletively no energy cost or level of danger.

I understand but if all you have to do is look at an enemy to avoid death due to auto parry then it's not hard to turn around to avoid taking damage if you ever start to get shot from behind

Sorry, but that's not how it works in Warframe. In Warframe you usually get attacked by hordes of enemies coming from all sides. It really is not that easy since you have to think about your positioning a lot and a single mistake can get you killed once enemy levels go past 70.

And reducing survivability is the worst thing they could do anyway since that will just lead to more camping and cheesy tactics. And it's not like Warframe does not have enough of that already.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

Sorry, but that's not how it works in Warframe. In Warframe you usually get attacked by hordes of enemies coming from all sides. It really is not that easy since you have to think about your positioning a lot and a single mistake can get you killed once enemy levels go past 70.

not really if you're doing somthing like a survival with a squad of people then chances are after you kill everything in a room then you wait for more to come when enemies spawn they all follow the same path to get to you so you end up with 15+ enemies all in a straight line to get killed in a matter of seconds with exalted blade if you're getting completely surrounded by enemies then either you're soloing (which I woulden't know about), fail to under stand the concept of team work and are half the map away from anyone, or you have a team that is incapable of killing things for one reason or another, the only real threat I can see to a competent player would be maby getting knocked down by a bombard even if you were to be surrounded then you have other powers at your disposal such as radial blind that can help in just such situations

why are we talking about taking away his "invincibility?" *cough* *cough* Valkyr *cough*

Radial blind makes him invincible anyways, and guess what valkyr doesn't have bullS#&$ ranged damage on a "melee" weapon, with full scaling on melee mods

You're far from invincible with Exalted Blade. Parrying only goes so far. Every proc goes through. Since Bleed procs are legions in this game, and scale with enemy damage (which as we all know is pretty imbalanced) both in strength and proc chance (they also stack), you can go down from just from a bleed proc surprisingly fast. I've seen teammates go down without getting directly hit a single time. Full shields, zero health. Both hilarious (for me) and infuriating (for them). So yeah, if the parry gets limited, it should at least provide complete proc immunity in return.

I'm not in favor of reducing our rather limited survivability "late game" any further though. Maybe if the current enemy scaling was burned to the ground to be remade more fair and fun (aka no more OHK for everyone), but not before that. You can't fix things that revolve around a broken core. Fix the core first, THEN put the rest in line with it.

Or let's put it this way : there are two standards in the game, leveled content, and endless. How can you balance frames, powers and weapons for both at the same time? That's why we have weapons that trivialize leveled content, because they were clearly designed with endless modes in mind (or the other way around), while frames and damage based powers are obviously made for leveled content, and end up sucking majorly in endless modes, and we can only rely on weapons and full CC.

Edited by Marthrym

I've seen teammates go down without getting directly hit a single time. Full shields, zero health. Both hilarious (for me) and infuriating (for them). 

Protip: If you get hit with a high damage status effect, you can roll during each damage tick to reduce its damage by ~80%.  That, and put down a health pizza while doing this when you get Toxin status.  This will effectively defend against most procs until you get the the point where enemies literally one-shot you with one tick.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

The new blocking system should not have been invented in the first place. They have ruined melee again. They should revert the change and only have stamina taken out that would fix both Excalibur and the blocking system

The new blocking system should not have been invented in the first place. They have ruined melee again. They should revert the change and only have stamina taken out that would fix both Excalibur and the blocking system

I figured that's what they where gonna do but apparently not :/ now blocking is more useless than ever and the drain while channeling is worse than a maxed life strike for stealing your energy.

Why is there a mod for blocking in the warframe mods? that makes no sense.