Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Experiments

[DE]Glen

It took you almost 30 minutes to get your C reward! Some waves need to be cut out of defense mod to make it more appealing as an endless game type.

Yeah, I'd have to see how long a 4P group takes -- I'd like to tune it so a brisk pace gets you to tier c in about 20 minutes.

I know this is about Defense and not survival, but i have noticed that if i start a public match with just myself, and people join the mission, the enemies tend to appear to spawn and act as aggressively as if it was just one person. Vis versa, if someone joins the match in the lobby and we run the mission, enemies seem to be more numerous and aggressive, matching what you see in the graphs. 

is this just me? i feel that whoever is the host, the amount of players you start the mission in determines how many enemies spawn for the rest of said mission regardless of how many more players join. 

I checked and the code doesn't look like it does that.

pls inv to test :)

He can't invite you since the changes he's made aren't on public yet. The changes are active on Dev and most likely on the "test cluster" that DE used with select players to test updates. I guess he could test it with them before its released.

Always asked for more enemies spawning(and spawning fast) based on how fast they die and how the heavy troops get sent in should the onslaught be too much on onslaught on a similar level to peacemaker spam. Something to counter that spam...Ah well.

As much as I like the idea of making enemy waves more random I also imagine how easily this can be botched.

everything you see here is specifically making Enemy Spawns in Defense less Random, actually.

so everything you just mentioned will actually happen less often, not more.

I think it would be better to have enemy spawn in "squads". For example, one Bombard with couple of lancers and butchers and Ballista as fire support. Then, "VIP" lancer eximus with his "angels": Machinegunner, Scorpion and Ballista etc.

Yeah, I'd have to see how long a 4P group takes -- I'd like to tune it so a brisk pace gets you to tier c in about 20 minutes.

Why does defense even need to keep the old wave system anyway? Why can't it work on a timer, like survival? Enemies keep coming steadily, and at the 5, 10, 15 minute mark, etc., there's a little break while we mop up the remaining stragglers, like in interception. Then we're asked to stay or leave, like usual.

In this case, the more you kill, the more enemies you face. Newer players can take their time, and vets can really go after it. Players so have to kill a minimum number of starting enemies to get a reward, and if they don't kill them and try to wait for the timer they risk the pod being destroyed.

Why does defense even need to keep the old wave system anyway? Why can't it work on a timer, like survival? Enemies keep coming steadily, and at the 5, 10, 15 minute mark, etc., there's a little break while we mop up the remaining stragglers, like in interception. Then we're asked to stay or leave, like usual.

In this case, the more you kill, the more enemies you face. Newer players can take their time, and vets can really go after it. Players so have to kill a minimum number of starting enemies to get a reward, and if they don't kill them and try to wait for the timer they risk the pod being destroyed.

its another diference from survival , so maybe create alternate def and alternate surv both using oposed mechanik for diversity purpose?

Seems reasonable for now, but then you have to think about getting to wave 40. Is that going to be 40 minutes? Chances are no -- it's going to be significantly more than 40 minutes.

Could we aim for something a bit less for the first 20 waves, since the difficulty is increasing as the wave number gets higher?

Seekers are heavy Slash with some Puncture, must be. the Slash Status they make is insane.

granted i wouldn't notice Impact Status unless it successfully staggered me.

Inquisitive: Have you ever gotten impact-procced?

I know I haven't. I'd be tempted to think it just doesn't affect players.

Which may just mean that Seeker Krakens have a high proc %.

Inquisitive: Have you ever gotten impact-procced?

i have!

i 100% have seen Impact Status show up on my HUD before. which also caused Staggers.

i haven't in quite a while, however.

and Enemies don't really seem to cause Staggers generally either. probably removed to keep Players from being RNG staggered i guess?

but if it's the same IPS spread (as the Player Kraken) as is being suggested, based on the Slash Status they can create, a mid Level Seeker would be dealing a total of ~2400 Damage in a Burst.

Mid Level being 25-35 ish.

Seekers do a lot of Damage, but they do not oneshot you at those Levels. absolutely not.

and that much Damage would oneshot most Warframes.

and i aimed low with the Slash Status, even.

Edited by taiiat

iqDWsEB.png

The first iteration of this is ready to go in Update 17. I'll need to play more over to polish it further but so far it has the DERebecca seal of approval: "I'd definitely put this gas in my car."

Excellent. Cannae wait to try this out post u17 now =D 

iqDWsEB.png

The first iteration of this is ready to go in Update 17. I'll need to play more over to polish it further but so far it has the DERebecca seal of approval: "I'd definitely put this gas in my car."

Yum. Consider me excited.

Are you a Brony too? Glen plz

a bit late to the party on this one, m8.