Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Experiments

[DE]Glen

Really? Ponies? Get that stuff out of here its creepy for grown men to be posting that.

Please don't. Just don't. It doesn't matter who likes what. Look at all the work that he did to help improve your gaming experience, and you turn around and try to scold him for liking a television show? That is downright immature.

P.S.Glad to know you are part of the fandom Glen :D

Hi glen

I recently saw this in the devstream and think that this is good for scaling, but I have one problem.

Recently in my t4 defense missions, I have been bugged to where after vor appears, not only do enemy spawn number increases, but the spawn duration is so long to where its impossible to fail.

To make it simple, enemies are spawning just too slow to where it takes an hour to finish 20 waves(where it should take half the time).

I hope someone already reported this and you guys checked the code so its not so bad, anyways, if you read this, thanks.

REALLY APPRECIATE IF ITS FIXED

It's an old and well known fact that DE has furries/bronies in its staff, says a lot about the company really.

They're also in Canada; a much more liberal and accepting base than the US, but i digress. Politics aside, I can't wait to see the defense improvements. They sound quite promising on paper. 

Really? Ponies? Get that stuff out of here its creepy for grown men to be posting that.

Everyone who isn't stuck in 2012 has gotten over other people having opinions on things and posting what they want.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

The minute he posts pony, the whole conversation changes. If you didn't want pone becoming all encompassing and annoying. Don't point it out.

It's so simple.

Good work on the defense wave rework glen. It's these quality of life changes is what keeps me playing.

iqDWsEB.png

The first iteration of this is ready to go in Update 17. I'll need to play more over to polish it further but so far it has the DERebecca seal of approval: "I'd definitely put this gas in my car."

dat pony gives glen spirit of playing <3

Also in for U17 is tuned wave-lengths! Rather than early waves being super short and late waves being super long it's dialed back a bit: earlier waves are a little bit longer and later waves are shorter so that on average 20 waves requires about 25% less enemies to get through.

I just did three different 20-wave runs with a buddy:

Jupiter, IO: 23 minutes

Ceres, Casta: 32 minutes

Pluto, Outer Terminus: 28 minutes

I'm going to see about tuning the Corpus schedule up a bit -- Outer Terminus was easier than it should have been.

Also in for U17 is tuned wave-lengths! Rather than early waves being super short and late waves being super long it's dialed back a bit: earlier waves are a little bit longer and later waves are shorter so that on average 20 waves requires about 25% less enemies to get through.

I just did three different 20-wave runs with a buddy:

Jupiter, IO: 23 minutes

Ceres, Casta: 32 minutes

Pluto, Outer Terminus: 28 minutes

I'm going to see about tuning the Corpus schedule up a bit -- Outer Terminus was easier than it should have been.

Awesome!

I take it this is still going to be seeing more tuning in future updates?