Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Community Turning Sour?

yeoc

So I was away for 2 years and missed out on alot of event weapons so I was happy when 2 event weapons appeared in void trader, but I see tons of people saying this is unfair and that players don't deserve the event weapons..... OK

Basically calling everyone who doesn't own them noobs.

Next is this absurd notion how mastery rank shows your skill and is required to join some groups namely Raids and occasionally a high T4 or something, mmmm k, when I first logged on after my dormancy I was mr7 which I believe was the highest needed at the time for weapons.

So what's the big deal about Mr? Just shows how many guns and frames you ranked up but doesn't show skill or anything else meaningful.

yet when people want mr15+ for Raids and ignore or tell the lower Mr players they're noobs. Then OK.

for the record I instantly jumped into a raid at mr7 and outperformed a mr18 who didn't have any anyother frame than a lvl28 unknown build trin.

Also high Mr players thinking they're superior to lower Mr players.

By litterly not communicating or just ignoring the team and doing their own stuff.

(those of you who accept low Mrs, kudos to you)

Tl:dr

Not having event weapons make you a noob. (as if it made you a pro in the first place)

Not having Mr19 makes you a massive noob. (so massive that you get insulted when asking for parties)

Having Mr19 allows you to do whatever you want because you are privileged af.

So what do you guys think about the current playerbase now compared to back then. (before the snipetron vandal)

Oh speaking of snipetrons, I still have a snipetron in pristine condition ready to be crafted. Apparently they were removed due to not following the ingame lore.

So does that mean I'm pro because I have a true exclusive weapon and you haters don't?

I feel ashamed of the tennos in this age.

Edited by yeoc

unfortunately for you, you just ran across some grade A toxic players

dont let the idiots get to you, there are plenty of ppl that are not as narrowminded

but yes, there are quite a few tenno that have lost their way, or perhaps never found it to begin with

just another reason that region chat needs to have the call to tenno honor back in the header =]

Another one of these threads? The community has increased exponentially and there are now more bad apples mixed in-between the good apples. That's really all there is to it. Besides, this is a meta complaint and will get locked quickly.

I don't think the playerbase has changed tbh. There have always been a small group of people who act like MR means more than it does, and those who throw a massive temper tantrum anytime anything but exactly what they want is added to the game. They're just sad, loudmouthed children who don't know when to quit.

Sorry if I violated any forum rules as I'm unfamiliar with a meta-complaint. But I don't think I'm complaining, just posting my thoughts about how the players act now compared to then and then asking if anybody else has thoughts about this.

Of course if I did do a meta-complaint then sorry and lock it up right away.

So I was away for 2 years and missed out on alot of event weapons so I was happy when 2 event weapons appeared in void trader, but I see tons of people saying this is unfair and that players don't deserve the event weapons..... OK

Basically calling everyone who doesn't own them noobs.

Next is this absurd notion how mastery rank shows your skill and is required to join some groups namely Raids and occasionally a high T4 or something, mmmm k, when I first logged on after my dormancy I was mr7 which I believe was the highest needed at the time for weapons.

So what's the big deal about Mr? Just shows how many guns and frames you ranked up but doesn't show skill or anything else meaningful.

yet when people want mr15+ for Raids and ignore or tell the lower Mr players they're noobs. Then OK.

for the record I instantly jumped into a raid at mr7 and outperformed a mr18 who didn't have any anyother frame than a lvl28 unknown build trin.

(those of you who accept low Mrs, kudos to you)

Tl:dr

Not having event weapons make you a noob. (as if it made you a pro in the first place)

Not having Mr19 makes you a massive noob. (so massive that you get insulted when asking for parties)

So what do you guys think about the current playerbase now compared to back then. (before the snipetron vandal)

Oh speaking of snipetrons, I still have a snipetron in pristine condition ready to be crafted. Apparently they were removed due to not following the ingame lore.

So does that mean I'm pro because I have a true exclusive weapon and you haters don't?

I feel ashamed of the tennos in this age.

Once upon a time, there was a guy that took a random rant too seriously and made a thread about it...

THE END.

I don't think the playerbase has changed tbh. There have always been a small group of people who act like MR means more than it does, and those who throw a massive temper tantrum anytime anything but exactly what they want is added to the game. They're just sad, loudmouthed children who don't know when to quit.

Ignore the whiners, they're just salty, it'll wash off eventually. MR means nothing now because the Draco sc- er... farmers... completely obliterated any point to the system. 

False. If it wasn't draco it was Viver or Xini or T1/2D. XP farms have existed in this game since the start and will continue to do so. They've just varied in how efficient they were/are.

You gotta be pretty naive to think that removing gmag from the equation would fix exp farming.

Edited by f3llyn

So I was away for 2 years

I envy you.

So what do you guys think about the current playerbase now compared to back then.

Quantity is in direct and inverse proportion to quality.

F.A.K.K.²

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

False. If it wasn't draco it was Viver or Xini or T1/2D. XP farms have existed in this game since the start and will continue to do so. They've just varied in how efficient they were/are.

You gotta be pretty naive to think that removing gmag from the equation would fix exp farming.

Uhm... bro. Where exactly in my post did I ever say anything related to fixing xp farms, gmag, or anything else like that. I was just stating that Draco resulted in a complete collapse of meaning of the MR system. As you mentioned here (for... whatever reason) XP farms have been around forever but varied in efficiency. Draco was a straight up afk-able farm- literally 0 interaction required if you set up Macros. It was beyond efficient- it was hyper efficient. Some players actually went from MR0 to MR19 with less than 24 hours of play time... But again- why did you bring this up when it had literally nothing to do with the OP or my post? I'm just a bit confused here...

Most of the meta thinks mag is now useless, that pretty much sums up their theory crafting knowledge. And then some people think Draco is entirely dead, which is also wrong. The moment T1 D became the new xp farm over Sechura or that Seimeni is better than Sechura, was when I figured the meta is kind of slow.

They're kind of catching on now though, they're replacing gmag with limbos now.

Still, seeing an MR17 person do a neurodes farm without using desecrate today, I didn't even know what to say. He just kept spamming Shadows of the Dead.

Edited by ivlr3vil

Uhm... bro. Where exactly in my post did I ever say anything related to fixing xp farms, gmag, or anything else like that. I was just stating that Draco resulted in a complete collapse of meaning of the MR system. As you mentioned here (for... whatever reason) XP farms have been around forever but varied in efficiency. Draco was a straight up afk-able farm- literally 0 interaction required if you set up Macros. It was beyond efficient- it was hyper efficient. Some players actually went from MR0 to MR19 with less than 24 hours of play time... But again- why did you bring this up when it had literally nothing to do with the OP or my post? I'm just a bit confused here...

You said:

" MR means nothing now because the Draco sc- er... farmers... completely obliterated any point to the system. "

How do you gain MR? From affinity (exp). Which people got from Draco. You are the one who brought up MR and draco.

So if that's not what you meant then the problem is that you didn't word your post very well.

Confusing indeed.

Edited by f3llyn

Ignore the whiners, they're just salty, it'll wash off eventually. MR means nothing now because the Draco sc- er... farmers... completely obliterated any point to the system. 

What really killed MR is the lack of player progression pacing. The taxi system completely obliterates the point of traversing the star chart. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remembered when I had to go node to node before the stupid planet orb chart we got today. You want that energy siphon on pluto? Tough luck, no taxi for you until you get from mercury all the way to there. You shouldn't be able to be taxi'd to a planet that your ship has yet to discover. That's why you complete the nodes and kill the boss to get coordinates to the next planet. Like-wise, a new player shouldn't be able to go to Draco until he unlocks Ceres, which if I recall correctly was one of the late game planets and required taking a different route to get there than the Pluto route.

I was so happy when I got my first energy siphon, I joined a taxi, which back then meant having good players guide you node to node and finish the missions as fast as possible. I barely made it to the alert with a few minutes to spare. Now, a taxi is instant, just go straight to the mission, there's no point.

Edited by ivlr3vil

You said:

" MR means nothing now because the Draco sc- er... farmers... completely obliterated any point to the system. "

How do you gain MR? From affinity (exp). Which people got from Draco. You are the one who brought up MR and draco.

So if that's not what you meant then the problem is that you didn't word your post very well.

Confusing indeed.

No- that's my exact point I worded it fine. My point was just that- "Draco resulted in the collapse of the MR system having meaning". I didn't say anything about gmag, I didn't say anything about farms as a whole- I just stated a fact. You are the one who suddenly came in saying how "You [ I ] are wrong, removing gmag fixes nothing blah blah" ...

Another one of these threads? The community has increased exponentially and there are now more bad apples mixed in-between the good apples. That's really all there is to it. Besides, this is a meta complaint and will get locked quickly.

Pretty much this.

Sorry, there's not much to be had from this topic of discussion.