General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Black Screen Of Death When Alt+Tab-Ing Out During Loading

Mastikator2

Also during cinematics. Loading and cinematics are the most appropriate times to tab out and change background music or whatever. These are also the most prone to giving me a Black Screen of Death.

The only way to get out of Black Screen of Death is Ctrl + Alt + Del and restart the computer.

It consistently happens about 1/3rd of the time, and only in warframe. No other game causes this that I play, (both in and out of steam).

Edit- I've posted this before serveral times, but I get zero response every single time, so I'll keep posting this bug until someone tells me this bug is on the "known bug list" AND on the "bug fix TODO list"

Edited by Mastikator2

Yeah, for a lot of games alt-tabbing during a loading screen while in non-borderless fullscreen mode is pretty much asking for trouble. I don't know if DE can do anything about it, really.

Speaking of which, give borderless fullscreen a go, it will make alt-tabbing much better.

Edited by Cyborger1

What screen mode do you used? Usually, borderless screen won't resulted in stuff like this, unless your graphic card is acting up.

Full screen.

I play most games in Full screen and have no trouble with tabbing. Only Warframe has this problem for me

Full screen.

I play most games in Full screen and have no trouble with tabbing. Only Warframe has this problem for me

That's because from ages ago, Warframe had this exact problem with alt-tabbing when in fullscreen mode. IDK if it's because the engine, but there's always a problem with it, even though it's somewhat different for each case.

That's because from ages ago, Warframe had this exact problem with alt-tabbing when in fullscreen mode. IDK if it's because the engine, but there's always a problem with it, even though it's somewhat different for each case.

Yeah, and they need to fix this. It's a bug that crashes the game and it happens basically every day

No other game does this. It's a huge problem and they need to fix it.

About every 3rd game someone crashes in my experience. 1 person crashes the game every 3rd game. That is insane and Warframe is the only game that does this. Just because it's always been a problem doesn't mean it's not a HUGE FIRETRUCKING PROBLEM, OK?

It's always like this. Every damn time, what's the point of having a bug report forum if people comment only to defend the bugs, don't defend the bugs. Nobody wants to hear you say that bugs should not be fixed, especially bugs that crash the game AND THE COMPUTER

Yeah, and they need to fix this. It's a bug that crashes the game and it happens basically every day

About every 3rd game someone crashes in my experience. 1 person crashes the game every 3rd game. That is insane and Warframe is the only game that does this. Just because it's always been a problem doesn't mean it's not a HUGE FIRETRUCKING PROBLEM, OK?

It's always like this. Every damn time, what's the point of having a bug report forum if people comment only to defend the bugs, don't defend the bugs. Nobody wants to hear you say that bugs should not be fixed, especially bugs that crash the game AND THE COMPUTER

This is more of a performance problem. When any game is loading, it is loading an incredible amount of Datas. I have this problem too with DotA while Alt-tab-ing during loads in full screen mode. Your PC crash because it cannot handle such sheer amount of data. It's not Warframe fault. If you alt-tab often, use borderless.

Chill mate. Don't yell (or let your capslock rules you), and take a firetrucking chill pill first. We're not defending the bug, we're not saying the bug should not be fixed. Seriously...

Just because the bug itself is not fixed for a long time, that's not a sign that they don't actively tried to fix it. Maybe it's becaus their engine, their priority list, or whatever the reason is.

There's only one difference here; you can actually prevent this kind of bug. It's not like you don't have a choice but to live with it, there's actually a way to workaround this bug. Come on, don't be a desperate guy who blindlessly believed that it's the end of the world...

Also:

This is more of a performance problem. When any game is loading, it is loading an incredible amount of Datas. I have this problem too with DotA while Alt-tab-ing during loads in full screen mode. Your PC crash because it cannot handle such sheer amount of data. It's not Warframe fault. If you alt-tab often, use borderless.

What he said is true.

@tinyranitar & @Athros

OK thanks for your input. But I'm gonna keep reporting this bug when it happens until I hear from DE that they're working on it.

Yeah, I hope that it will be fixed fast, because it might involves the engine itself, which is pretty critical.

Also, submit a ticket while you have a chance. No stable response time, but still a way to get DE to get noticed.