Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Tactics

EchoesOfRain

So in light of what we've seen of the new frame,and how loaded its kit is, I'm curious if anyone's come up with some cool tactics.

Personally, I plan on running a range build to maximize night forms sleep ability. Might even be an optimal for the Trials raid.

This frame is going to have sooooooo many tactics. Max Range and duration for Pacify, max range and strength for Maim, and many more that we will have to figure out on our own once it comes out and people know how the abilities scale, and the best situations for them.

i kind of thinking moving towards power/range/efficiancy,mainly because the Light form Ulti does slash damage and procs,on the final blast as it absorbs the damage i given to my enemy and how well Slash procs scales.It will be a great combo with Nova prime Molecular prime,and Absorb by nyx prime.

If the damage that it does to others is absorb by the skills that is,what i think i heard them say.

With.

SO technically i can just Run

Range/Efficiancy

Even with the damage Knock back i get from overextended the build absorbs damage it does,so is like a reverse absorb instead of you having to be hit you have to hit them.

The Light version can easily benefit from Limbo rift shenanigans as well from EV trinity.

Now as for the sleep ability since it provides finisher combo i wonder if radial finish will give it extra powers as well as silence.But it would be a good combo with powers like Crush augmentation for the stun Crush will provide and the Sleep you can maintain your enemy in lock.Perfect for excavation or Hijacks.

since here your not really required to kill your enemy and their is a limit how many can spawn.If you keep them all in lock without having to kill the full bunch you can potentially be putting everyone sleep as you carry the hijack core,or keep the enemy stun and sleep in the Excavation mission so you can pick of the carriers,and still maintain the enemy level low,since your not killing them.

Although i can see some really radical a Max power/Duration STR buff 

when you consider Hydroid and ash finisher damage will benefit from the team buff Equinox will provide.

and then Nekros Shadows as well.

also those augmentation that require power damage but is lost when running a different build can scale better.

Edited by Leavith

Duration might affect Metamorphosis' degrading buffs duration, Rest's sleep duration/Rage's anger duration, Pacify's aura duration/Provoke's aura duration. Mend & Maim seems like a channeling type ability to me, so no duration.

Range might affect Rest & Rage cast range and AoE around the target (assuming Rage is targeted AoE too), Pacify & Provoke aura radius, and Mend & Maim's aura radius.

Strength might affect Metamorphosis' degrading buffs amount, Rage's damage amplification, Provoke's Power Strength multiplier, and Mend & Maim's Slash damage.

All in.all, Equinox will be very interesting to mod.

Where do you people find this information?

I'm guessing devstreams of which I do not watch.

(Psst, DE, make a page or two of the dev streams that we can READ.)

you see the latest one __ Amze

There is a lot of potential for tactics but what will be happen? extreme abuse of the power strength buff while camping, i hope im just wrong...

We still lack info in a lot of numbers and what abilities are affected by duration/power strength mods, so even if i saw the abilities in the devstream i still have a lot to test when the frame comes out.

Sleep has a lot of potential, you can even use arcane trickery and use rage (the move who buffs enemy speed and damage but you deal more damage on them) without too much risk.

Provoked which if im correctly is the power strength buff will probably used with EV trinity+mesa+another damage dealer frame like banshee or TE mirage.

We dont know what pacify does, you can clearly see the aura in the devstream but the effect is currently unkown, i hope is related to damage mitigation or something.

Mend and maim/4 ability is great, slash procs bypass armor and you can deal damage or heal allies as needed, giving you flexibility and value in a team.

The temporary buffs are shield and armor for the female version and damage and movement speed for the male version so it gives you some adaptability.

One thing is sure, this frame needs efficiency for sure.

So in light of what we've seen of the new frame,and how loaded its kit is, I'm curious if anyone's come up with some cool tactics.

Personally, I plan on running a range build to maximize night forms sleep ability. Might even be an optimal for the Trials raid.

It's looking like Efficiency is going to be the big stat for Equinox. The devs were stating that it's hard to gauge the costs of her powers, between toggles and energy costs changing with the number of targets, and Provoke even causes allied abilities to drain from your energy pool. If she's intended to be swapping forms a lot, she's going to be VERY energy intensive.

I'll probably use Duration with her too - since her ultimate's got a passive damage component, it'll probably have Duration as a counterbalance. Plus, from what we've seen, all of her skills use Duration - Metamorphosis for the personal buffs, Rest & Rage for the debuff, Provoke for the party buff.

That frame is going to break the game worse than it already is, and possibly also lock out any hope of having the powers reworked in a way that stops them from existing in a binary state of useless/broken.

It's also ugly.

That frame is going to break the game worse than it already is, and possibly also lock out any hope of having the powers reworked in a way that stops them from existing in a binary state of useless/broken.

It's also ugly.

Time to play Halo? JK JK - Give it some time the frame hasn't been released yet.

Maxed efficiency for sure. Also, I love the idea of an Excal, Banshee, Equinox comp. So many finishers, it'll be unreal.

So anyone think that Day Equinox could troll with provoke? Spamming it on enemies to make them hit allies harder? I kinda feel like Pacify is WAY better than provoke

Maxed efficiency for sure. Also, I love the idea of an Excal, Banshee, Equinox comp. So many finishers, it'll be unreal.

So anyone think that Day Equinox could troll with provoke? Spamming it on enemies to make them hit allies harder? I kinda feel like Pacify is WAY better than provoke

Sorta depends on the damage multiplier, but I can see where you're coming from.

If power strength scales it, does it also scale the buff on the enemy? Or will it just affect the damage multiplier we do?

Or will it work inversely, where power strength lowers the enemy's buff, and increases the multiplier?

We may never know for a whole 5-6 days.

I think you mean Rage, Provoke sounds like the one for Power Strength. And please, Speed Nova is a much stronger troll in that department :P

Pretty much every build is optimized with max efficiency.  Are we trying to say that this frame's energy costs are excessive compared to the norm, or what?

Considering the energy cost scale with amount of enemies hit Max efficiency is actually needed for when things do get tough and not because you just want to spam your powers.

Okay, so about the 4...while it's active, can Equinox switch forms? (I know hat nobody can really answer that lol) So that it can deal damage in day form and store up power, switch to night, then give a large heal?

The Ultimate works very similar in both forms, only the end result changes. I could guess changing forms while 4th ability is active would cancel it. Dev Stream (Where Scott talks about the heal version of the Ultimate)