Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Troll People On De's Behalf!

magusat999

I was in Akkad, Eris doing the Defense mission - raising my equipment. There was a Mirage, a Vauban and a Loki as well. Everything was going normal, as I had been there a thousand times before without incident and playing cool people who just want to play and progress. This time, though - after 8-9 waves of standing on that container or train car thing and fighting the enemy, dropping down to collect between waves - all of us, the Vauban and the Loki started out of thin air trolling people. Vauban just plastered the place we were standing with bounce - I mean went OFF. Then he started putting bounce under me and the Mirage wherever we were not moving around. The Loki started switch-teleporting - I mean every two seconds he would pull that and either place one of us in a crowd of monsters or a black hole area.

I asked them to stop, then I TOLD them to stop or I am going to report them. They replied "DE doesn't like camping, so they are not going to do nothing to me!" As well as other taunts, laughing and calling us "butt-hurt" because we didn't like what they were doing. They really didn't even know what "camping" is - standing in a safe place for 5-10 waves isn't "camping" - and they were doing it anyway - so they really had no point there.

Another funny thing was they were talking like they were anti-camping but both of them were on that container for 8-9 waves, and even after that, the Vauban stayed away from the pod area. He didn't go to the container because he littered it with bounce, but he went to another high area and kept his hypocritical actions and comments going. The Loki was just as bad - spamming invisible the whole time and had the nerve to use the "camping" excuse to troll people. I'd like to have seen both of them go to the pod area and stay there, no abilities since they are against "camping" so much. (Which was just a lame excuse for trolling people i-game).

One of them went into my profile and started down-talking my clan, calling them a bunch of cry-babies (because of what I don't know?). basically they just kept trolling, bounces everywhere, switch-teleporting as soon as you spawn from the last one... Oh, and then they said there's nothing in the TOS against what they were doing.

The last part was one of them PM'ed me and we had a long conversation about it. I didn't ignore him because all this was evidence. He maintained that because he agrees with anti-camping, DE will not do anything to him for trolling us. He was saying things of that nature, but I felt he was actually begging me not to report him, by trying to convince me that he wouldn't get in trouble. I told him DE will sort it out, and if I id anything wrong well I'll just suffer the consequences (I don't see that I did anything, but you never know how someone will interpret.) Better to just report it and let the chips fall where they lay.

I'm just aghast that anyone would think that they can troll people after doing the same thing the people they were trolling are doing - and then blame it on DE. It isn't DE, its just you and your immaturity. It is forgivable if its done once or twice, but after someone tells you to stop, you need to stop. And if you don't like the way people are playing you don't troll them - you ask them and if they are still an issue you report them. I can play any kind of way and am considerate if someone just lets me know. I have had many missions where I use Nova and don't touch MP because people don't want it (usually the slow one). If I am Limbo I don't banish players unless its a plan. If someone say, "hey lets play it this way" -that's all they need to say. Trolling people is unnecessary - and do not blame DE when you do it. I haven't read anywhere where DE said to us "If people are playing the game this way or that - TROLL AWAY!".

Edited by magusat999

Pro-tip: Toxic Cell = Leave the Game. If more people would do that, there would be a lot less toxic players available when no one wants to -- to put it bluntly -- deal with their BS. When they can't find a cell that'll stick with them, and consequently can't play any games with their poor behavior, then they'll have to resort to three options: Keep attempting to join games and have everyone ignore them and leave the game, or Shape up OR quit playing this game.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Firstly, it sounds like you took the bait. Secondly, Defense missions are, by definition, about camping.

Asking them to stop is one thing, that's fine, but don't give them more of a response. That is what feeds these people. Don't feed the baby trolls, let them starve.

Edited by Insizer

technically them down talking you and your clan mates,and further pming you after the fact could be considered harassment, i have come across numerous of these people, more frequently as of late and best way to deal with these losers is to leave the game(if there is nothing of value in staying)/kill yourself off and let them do all the work (chances are you were the only one working anyways) and they will fail

but what -Amaterasu,Thelix,and Insizer said +1

Edited by Nermesis

Pro-tip: Toxic Cell = Leave the Game. If more people would do that, there would be a lot less toxic players available when no one wants to -- to put it bluntly -- deal with their BS. When they can't find a cell that'll stick with them, and consequently can't play any games with their poor behavior, then they'll have to resort to three options: Keep attempting to join games and have everyone ignore them and leave the game, or Shape up OR quit playing this game.

Then again there is the possibility of grinding for a long period of time and you just don't want to sacrifice the time and the resource on just quitting a game.

Then again there is the possibility of grinding for a long period of time and you just don't want to sacrifice the time and the resource on just quitting a game.

I agree with teh other people that you can leave, but I didn't want to waste 9 waves of play (they didn't start trolling until the end of the 8th wave) and also I wanted to report them so staying there helped me get more evidence.

I agree with teh other people that you can leave, but I didn't want to waste 9 waves of play (they didn't start trolling until the end of the 8th wave) and also I wanted to report them so staying there helped me get more evidence.

If you have a screenshot of this then go to Support and report them. I did this when someone wasn't so nice.

So that what i would do if i was you. Think a video is good to if you have one, instead of screenshot

DE wants us to report players that arn't so nice

Edited by BabyKurama

Why not let yourself die then let them do all the work and revive and leave when its time? Thats how u troll a troll. Don't give them a response

Because of the crappy AFK system when it comes to rewards. If you die, you're AFK after 2 minutes, and if you're AFK then you get no rewards. That would even further encourage the trolling.

What you were doing was technically camping however from the looks of it you were completly in your rights to report them as they violated several rules in the code of conduct

Actually it isn't camping - it is a defense mission, by definition defense IS "camping". If it were another type of mission and we were posted in one spot, treating another mission type like a defense mission - THAT is camping. In defense you are limited to a very small area - in Akkad it is one of the smallest. You can't call it "camping" because there basically isn't anywhere to go anyway - and holding your position / protecting something that is stationary IS the objective. SO for defense, you cannot call it "camping".

Actually it isn't camping - it is a defense mission, by definition defense IS "camping". If it were another type of mission and we were posted in one spot, treating another mission type like a defense mission - THAT is camping. In defense you are limited to a very small area - in Akkad it is one of the smallest. You can't call it "camping" because there basically isn't anywhere to go anyway - and holding your position / protecting something that is stationary IS the objective. SO for defense, you cannot call it "camping".

you contradicted yourself in your first sentence and they were camping, just because you're playing a defense dosen't mean you have to camp much of the time I play defense I run around the map shooting things rather than sit next to the pod, defense is not camping it is defending it's just that camping is a good strategy for defense missions

you contradicted yourself in your first sentence and they were camping, just because you're playing a defense dosen't mean you have to camp much of the time I play defense I run around the map shooting things rather than sit next to the pod, defense is not camping it is defending it's just that camping is a good strategy for defense missions

SO you think because you run around a small area that you can call people who do not (which is not even necessary in Defense) "camping"? You cannot CAMP in defense - it's impossible because there is only a small area (and VERY SMALL in AKKAD). You are basically confined in a "Campy" situation already. You cannot call it camping - what it is is SMART GAMEPLAY, to stay out of the area unless it is necessary.

In ODD, people climb the walls or the pole (DE might have made it hard to climb the pole now). in T1-T4 defense people do not have places to obstruct the enemy - so they gather near the pod and get Frames like Frost to hinder the enemy - if your running around your only going to get the hidden, slow enemies or priming things up, ala Nova. In some tile-sets your protecting a pod inside of a circular facility - you have to be nuts to go running off - you don't need to and your not helping. Another tile-set where the pod goes up and down - again in a defined space. No need to run around - it isn't Fallout, your goal is to protect the pod. You don't need to run around to protect the pod - and thinking that is the only and "right" way to play is limited thinking. There is no "right" way to play. If we were a squad in th military, and we had a choice between running around on the ground or standing in a place where we can see the whole battlefield and wipe out the enemy without them having recourse... well I'm not going with you - I'm taking the one that will most likely let me retire without holes.

You can't just "blanket apply" the term camping to everything. There are situations - like DEFENSE and SURVIVAL, where it is not camping because "camping" is the strategy behind solving those modes. Camping came from Defense, and was further refined in Survival - but it is not "camping" unless you are in missions that are not meant to be treated like Defense or Survival. And I did say they were "camping" because that is what people call that, although it really isn't. If you are going to go with what I say - well when I say something else go with that too - don't pick and choose as if I am never going to clarify, update or change what I said or mean in order for people to understand better. if you cannot understand me you CAN ask me - you do not need to get confrontational and start accusing, name-calling and inferring. No need to get hostile or even try to "prove something".

SO you think because you run around a small area that you can call people who do not (which is not even necessary in Defense) "camping"? You cannot CAMP in defense - it's impossible because there is only a small area (and VERY SMALL in AKKAD). You are basically confined in a "Campy" situation already. You cannot call it camping - what it is is SMART GAMEPLAY, to stay out of the area unless it is necessary.

In ODD, people climb the walls or the pole (DE might have made it hard to climb the pole now). in T1-T4 defense people do not have places to obstruct the enemy - so they gather near the pod and get Frames like Frost to hinder the enemy - if your running around your only going to get the hidden, slow enemies or priming things up, ala Nova. In some tile-sets your protecting a pod inside of a circular facility - you have to be nuts to go running off - you don't need to and your not helping. Another tile-set where the pod goes up and down - again in a defined space. No need to run around - it isn't Fallout, your goal is to protect the pod. You don't need to run around to protect the pod - and thinking that is the only and "right" way to play is limited thinking. There is no "right" way to play. If we were a squad in th military, and we had a choice between running around on the ground or standing in a place where we can see the whole battlefield and wipe out the enemy without them having recourse... well I'm not going with you - I'm taking the one that will most likely let me retire without holes.

You can't just "blanket apply" the term camping to everything. There are situations - like DEFENSE and SURVIVAL, where it is not camping because "camping" is the strategy behind solving those modes. Camping came from Defense, and was further refined in Survival - but it is not "camping" unless you are in missions that are not meant to be treated like Defense or Survival. And I did say they were "camping" because that is what people call that, although it really isn't. If you are going to go with what I say - well when I say something else go with that too - don't pick and choose as if I am never going to clarify, update or change what I said or mean in order for people to understand better. if you cannot understand me you CAN ask me - you do not need to get confrontational and start accusing, name-calling and inferring. No need to get hostile or even try to "prove something".

Yes you can camp in defense and you can chose not to just because it is a small area dosen't mean you're automatically camping you can still be running around if you are sitting right next to the pod in a frost's bubble in defense then you are, in fact, camping I suggest you stop derailing your own thread and take it to the one you made for this very purpose located here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/495913-no-such-thing-as-camping-in-defense-and-survival/#entry5545771