Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aw Qol

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

All Archwings (AW) need to have a built-in, huge, vacuum like passive. Trying to pick up items in AW can be a real hassle.

When players go down, please up a green glowing orb around them. With something like a 5m radius.  The orb would be a visual effect only, but allow us to revive them by pressing the revive button any where in that orb.

These changes would greatly increase the quality of life (QoL) in AW, so you can res and collect people without being negatively effected by high speed movement in AW.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

All Archwings (AW) need to have a built-in, huge, vacuum like passive. Trying to pick up items in AW can be a real hassle.

When players go down, please up a green glowing orb around them. With something like a 5m radius.  The orb would be a visual effect only, but allow us to revive them by pressing the revive button any where in that orb.

These changes would greatly increase the quality of life (QoL) in AW, so you can res and collect people without being negatively effected by high speed movement in AW.

There already is a vacuum passive, but it is only active when you aren't moving I believe, and with a small-ish radius. If you are stationary, you'll see things slowly move towards you. It is rather slow though. Comes in handy when running Itzal and you are invisible, but other than that, if you are stationary for any length of time, you are dead, so it can be pointless. 

I think the archwing revive system needs a total overhaul. Along with the mini-map while in archwing. The map is absolutely zero help most of the time when trying to find where someone goes down at, especially if you are close to them. We need on screen indicators like directional arrows or something, bigger hit boxes for reviving, longer bleed out timer...... 

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

this. idk how many times i'v went to far past them and almost unable to find them again and when i do you had to be right on top of them to revive. plus the down marker doenst do any justice at times either

would also like a better archwing vacuum.

There already is a vacuum passive, but it is only active when you aren't moving I believe, and with a small-ish radius. If you are stationary, you'll see things slowly move towards you. It is rather slow though. Comes in handy when running Itzal and you are invisible, but other than that, if you are stationary for any length of time, you are dead, so it can be pointless. 

I think the archwing revive system needs a total overhaul. Along with the mini-map while in archwing. The map is absolutely zero help most of the time when trying to find where someone goes down at, especially if you are close to them. We need on screen indicators like directional arrows or something, bigger hit boxes for reviving, longer bleed out timer...... 

It needs to be large and fast. I shouldn't have to break momentum to collect items when the speed is the only thing about AW that is somewhat fun.

fck sharkwing.  if they can't fix the original, then whatever they try to add to it will be horrendous 

Au contraire, sharkwing looks amazing, and fixes all of the problems of archwing.  It may however introduce new ones but I'm more excited about that than Parkour 2.0.

Tho with shotgun buffs, I may finally have a reason to use weapons other than Boltor/Soma Prime.

Edited by Fifield

Sharkwing looks amazing, and fixes all of the problems of archwing. 

I can assure you, that it does not.  However it does force AW into our faces, meaning that the problems AW has needs to be prioritized (e.g. the ones I mentioned in the OP, the rate at which you gain XP for AW gear, the rate at which AW mods drop, not getting xp for your frame when using it in an AW mission despite risking your frame's revives).

Au contraire, sharkwing looks amazing, and fixes all of the problems of archwing.  It may however introduce new ones but I'm more excited about that than Parkour 2.0.

Tho with shotgun buffs, I may finally have a reason to use weapons other than Boltor/Soma Prime.

looks interesting, but mostly aesthetics.  Doesn't fix anything about archwing at all... in fact, I'm just seeing the problems even more in this.

Fixes distance from enemies, which is the only really serious problem with archwing ie shooting at pixel sized enemies and being unable to find drops.

I've never had a problem with distance from enemies.... mainly because melee is the most effective form of combat in AW

I don't consider any of those serious problems.

Me neither.  Serration (real serration) and split chamber and the like isn't simply handed to a Tenno right away.  One can't say mods come too slow from Archwing as though essential mods are literally dropped from the first scorpion or leech osprey they kill, respectively.

Archwing EXP is more an issue with there being really no high exp targets.  Even on Eartth, there are heavy gunners to occasionally deliver a huge chunk of EXP.  In Archwing, that kind of enemy doesn't show up until the late 20's missions, of which there are only two.

Grineer (land-based) XP was much higher than Corpus or Infested last I checked, which explains Draco.

Getting mods to drop is one thing, finding where they dropped is another.  That minimap doesn't help either.

Still if the mode was fun, it wouldn't matter much.

@PriZms, that's true, and given how weak melee is on land, it's one of the few highlights of archwing.  But it stops us doing many rounds.  Ranged is needed to keep a safe distance in all modes.

Me neither.  Serration (real serration) and split chamber and the like isn't simply handed to a Tenno right away.  One can't say mods come too slow from Archwing as though essential mods are literally dropped from the first scorpion or leech osprey they kill, respectively.

Archwing EXP is more an issue with there being really no high exp targets.  Even on Eartth, there are heavy gunners to occasionally deliver a huge chunk of EXP.  In Archwing, that kind of enemy doesn't show up until the late 20's missions, of which there are only two.

Don't you get broken versions of essential mods in the base game?  Mods are a lot easier to see and pick up as well on land, hence why all frames should have a passive vacuum effect.

Don't you get broken versions of essential mods in the base game?  Mods are a lot easier to see and pick up as well on land, hence why all frames should have a passive vacuum effect.

Eh... broken mods are okay.  Actually, they help a great deal.  But I mean the true versions - those aren't handed to players.  Once players get something, unless it was a truly memorable moment (I got split chamber out of my first hidden void container when I decided I wanted it) they quickly forget the wait and effort put into acquiring them.  So players aren't really accurately comparing what it took for them to get mods like serration against getting rubedo-lined barrel.

As for AW proper...

I feel all mods in space glow by default.  Bright orange, pulsating specks are hard to miss, despite the starscape background.

A passive vacuum effect already exists, it's just too small and weak to be of any actual use unless a tenno is simply drifting by, and no respectable Tenno jogs or drifts if they can help it.  Especially with rush/hyperion thrusters installed.

Edited by Littleman88

Eh... broken mods are okay.  Actually, they help a great deal.  But I mean the true versions - those aren't handed to players.  Once players get something, unless it was a truly memorable moment (I got split chamber out of my first hidden void container when I decided I wanted it) they quickly forget the wait and effort put into acquiring them.  So players aren't really accurately comparing what it took for them to get mods like serration against getting rubedo-lined barrel.

As for AW proper...

I feel all mods in space glow by default.  Bright orange, pulsating specks are hard to miss, despite the starscape background.

A passive vacuum effect already exists, it's just too small to be of any actual use unless a tenno is simply drifting by, and no respectable Tenno jogs or drifts if they can help it.

So start us off with a set of Broken AW mods.  They are very easy to miss and a pain to pick up at full speed boosting. That's why I included the word "huge" n the OP.

I agree, new Archwing players should earn one of each category of damaged Mods during Archquest.  There are 3 parts to Archquest. Give players 1 Damaged Mod as an end Reward but be sure to force Inbox a message to players.

Ive seen too many NEW players sell Tenno damaged mods that they need to make Ordis shut up by installing for another quest  

:( lol

Damaged Rubedo Lined barrel

Damaged Superior Defenses

Etc

Wing

Gun

Melee

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Archwing can be fun but it needs a good bit of love right now. The issues have mostly been brought up here and I agree with DesecratedFlame on his points.

Another issue is the drops. Since DE had made getting weapons similar to hinting primes in the void, getting new toys is a pain. Add in the fact that there is only one archwing mode per planet and only up to Neptune, the drop pools are fairly overloaded. Too many parts and mods are competing for the same spot.

Once a player has ground a few new weapons and wings, the action gets a bit better but then we realize that there are only three mission types, which can get stale quickly. I think with a few more nodes and mission types (more interesting, interactive types), which would also help spread the drop pool a little better, the mode will become a lot better.

So, more toys and more missions...aside from that, I'd say a few bugs and issues really need to be worked out. Finding drops, reviving team members, etc. One bug that really drives me insane is sometimes, when meleeing close to a structure, I'll get insta-jibbed by the environment. They really gotta get rid of that.

fck sharkwing.  if they can't fix the original, then whatever they try to add to it will be horrendous 

arch wing has problems because the maps are like a 4:1 ratio and scaling makes transition between foot and wing difficult. This combine with the lack of content, really makes it feel like and inferior separate game without any content. shark wing happens at a slower pace so the maps are smaller (1:1) so transition is possible, this does add content (technically) and so i hope it will feel better than what we have experienced