Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Will You Buff Older Weapons?

(PSN)Treezzy1

Buffing old weapons doesn't make players to grind more and pay more money. So DE choses to make better variants or syndicate mods more often than give us direct buffs.

I still hope for buffs to Hind, Flux Rifle, Lanka, fast firing secondaries, most melee weapons.

Some weapons are terrible and I don't even hope DE would buff those: Panthera, Paracyst, Spectra.

What do you mean their awful? a lot of weapons with 4 forma and the right mods make a lot of weapons decent. Only a few weapons are bad even with forma like Supra which is already getting a buff.

name 10 weapons aside meta weapons u can take to a t3 mission

Braton P

Hek

Phage

Strun Wraith

Latron Wraith

Grinlok

Latron Prime

Kohm

Opticor

Quanta Vandal

Sybaris

Burston Prime

Prisma Grakata

Just a few primaries that aren't Soma P or Boltor P.

Edited by Junktron

It's happening, slowly but surely.

The latest Devstream showcased weapon specific mods, shotgun and Supra buffs.

Explaining why something is bad will help make it not bad (and tell the devs what the actual weapon is that you're talking about).

Moved to Weapon Feedback.

well its all of them before update 14(not sure).

it took years of crying on forums for them to tweak the supra. We cant do that for each weapon. Look at the reaper prime for instance. Its so terrible i'm insulting the word terrible. I honestly feel every weapon in the game should b capable of almost-end-game after a bunch of formas. The braton prime for instance is amazing but only after about 4 formas. Make us work for it, but let the work be worth the final damage output

Braton P

Hek

Phage

Strun Wraith

Latron Wraith

Grinlok

Latron Prime

Kohm

Opticor

Quanta Vandal

Sybaris

Burston Prime

Prisma Grakata

I think the example, why dont we set the bar at above30-40 minutes in a t4 survival, and see how many pass considering ammo consumption and other detrimental factors.

Braton P

Hek

Phage

Strun Wraith

Latron Wraith

Grinlok

Latron Prime

Kohm

Opticor

Quanta Vandal

Sybaris

Burston Prime

Prisma Grakata

braton p

hek (200% multishot!! On a shotgun!! God Mode)

phage

kohm

opticor

quanta vandal

all meta weapons do you really think soma and boltor are the only metas?

Edited by (PS4)Treezzy1

I think the example, why dont we set the bar at above30-40 minutes in a t4 survival, and see how many pass considering ammo consumption and other detrimental factors.

Boltor and Soma P both run out of ammo at a decent rate, and only the Braton P, Prisma Grakata, and Kohm are likely to run out. The Sybaris, Opticor, and Latron Series are super efficient and the Quanta Vandal is fine as long as you don't spam the cubes too much.

Mk-Braton

Braton

Tiberon

Cernos

Lato and variants

Akstilleto

Kunai

Grinlok

Burston (Prime)

Then?

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Nearly all weapons I can think of can handle T3, aka level 30ish, and those that can't I haven't tried.

With T4, there is little difference. The difference here becomes efficiency rather than if they are viable at T3.

Into late endless mission types, sure, some weapons begin to drop off, but even though a mission is an endless mission type, it is meant to end at some point.

The problem becomes "how can we balance weapons without making them carbon copies of one another and varying mechanics?"

This is why there needs to a be a weapon explained in a constructive fashion like:

MK1-Furis:

It's a starter weapon that has less of a damage output compared to the other starting weapons, MK1-Kunai and Lato, making it not a viable choice of the bunch.

Lato: 120.6 DPS

MK1-Kunai: 132 DPS

MK1-Furis: 107.9 DPS

The damage is lower, the ammo efficiency is the worse of the bunch, and the crit and status chance stats are comparable to the Lato.

Note: the above doesn't represent my express opinion, it just helps to illustrate how discussion of weapon balance and buffs would be better made, instead of using the subjective "T3" or "T4 Survival" starting point.

Mk-Braton

Braton

Tiberon

Cernos

Lato and variants

Akstilleto

Kunai

Grinlok

Burston (Prime)

Then?

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Nearly all weapons I can think of can handle T3, aka level 30ish, and those that can't I haven't tried.

With T4, there is little difference. The difference here becomes efficiency rather than if they are viable at T3.

Into late endless mission types, sure, some weapons begin to drop off, but even though a mission is an endless mission type, it is meant to end at some point.

The problem becomes "how can we balance weapons without making them carbon copies of one another and varying mechanics?"

This is why there needs to a be a weapon explained in a constructive fashion like:

Note: the above doesn't represent my express opinion, it just helps to illustrate how discussion of weapon balance and buffs would be better made, instead of using the subjective "T3" or "T4 Survival" starting point.

there are over 200 weapons in game, we cant do that for all of them..what i'm saying is de should look into the older ones because they seem the worst of the bunch Edited by (PS4)Treezzy1

there are over 200 weapons in game, we cant do that for all of them..what i'm saying is de should look into the older ones because they seem the worst of the bunch

Why can't we? Much less than 200 have to be looked at, and that looks to be a very concise and to-the-point comparison.

Because everyone on the Forums says: OP and this is what you get.

Those terrible things. Why do they play?

We got all these nice skins for lato, twin gremlins, etc. (DotD Packs) Magnus etc. Tennogen packs but most of these weapons are underwhelming even when fully formaed and potatoe they do 1/3 to 1/4 the dmg of other like weapons sometimes...

Skins dont even work on primed variants which is $&*&*#(%&, because why would someone use unprimed version of same weapon for lesser stats but sweet looks? Pretty shameful. Example: DotD skin WORKED ON SCINDO PRIME, then they removed it. Wth?

There was another weapon too. Oh, and buy tennogen pack! Get scindo skin! ok. Oh wait... ... cant use...

IM glad they allowed skins on syndicate weapons, and prisma gorgon etc. Very pleased. But they shouldn't neglect/ignore the rest of them. This would be a copy/paste of allow text... you could even use winmerge ffs to auto-implement it and keep any type of file format. Wouldn't need to re-type out a thing.

Boltor and Soma P both run out of ammo at a decent rate, and only the Braton P, Prisma Grakata, and Kohm are likely to run out. The Sybaris, Opticor, and Latron Series are super efficient and the Quanta Vandal is fine as long as you don't spam the cubes too much.

But that's still not 10( yes I'm being arbitrary) but i think the purpose here is to buff high mastery weapons like the ogris and flux rifle to be usable once again at the least given they require the most and it only makes sense that the weapons with the highest mastery requirements should be among the best.

But that's still not 10( yes I'm being arbitrary) but i think the purpose here is to buff high mastery weapons like the ogris and flux rifle to be usable once again at the least given they require the most and it only makes sense that the weapons with the highest mastery requirements should be among the best.

u need a medal!! Want a medal?? Heres A medal!!!

why dont we set the bar at above30-40 minutes in a t4 survival, and see how many pass considering ammo consumption and other detrimental factors.

*rubs hands together* the responses to my list are going to be fun to watch. people that have no idea what they're doing telling me i'm wrong, oh,it's going to be great.

so in your situation:

Primaries:

Boltor Prime

Soma Series

Braton Prime

Burston Prime

Prisma Grakata

Karak Wraith

Latron Prime

Latron Wraith

Opticor

Sybaris

Tiberon

Amprex

Quanta Series

Synapse

Boar Prime

Drakgoon

Hek

Kohm

Phage

Strun Wraith

Tigris

Lanka

Snipetron Vandal

Vectis Series

Vulkar (maybe...)

Attica

Dread

Paris Prime

Cernos (not to the same degree)

Penta

Tonkor

Torid

Secondares:

Acrid

Angstrum

Rakta Ballist... wait, nevermind

Bolto

Furis

Lex Prime

Magnus

Marelok Series

Stug

Vasto Prime

Atomos

Embolist (if you use Ammo Pizzas)

Gammacor Series

Nukor

Spectra (might need a few Ammo Pizzas)

Brakk

Bronco Prime

Detron Series

Kohmak

Pyrana

AkBolto Series

AkVasto (maybe...)

Dual Cestra Series

Twin Gremlins

Castanas Series

Despair

Hikou Prime

Melee:

Dakra Prime

Mire (though i'd only use it for Exalted Blade in the current state)

Prisma Skana

Dark Dagger

Karyst

Sheev

Fang Prime

Orthos Series

Serro

Tonbo

Glaive/Prime

Halikar

Kestrel

Galatine

Scindo Prime

Katana Series

Anku

Dex Dakra

Dual Cleavers Series

Dual Ichor

Dual Raza

Dual Zoren

Nami Skyla (very likely.... but i wouldn't use them, too slow and no Crits)

Kogake

Obex

Bo Prime

Tipedo

Atterax

Scoliac

Lecta (maybe...)

Jat Kittag

Ripkas

Venka

Redeemer

(doesn't include Tonfas solely due to their Attack Range being terribad. Ripkas and Venka is a 'probably')

many Weapons qualify as viable. very few qualify as unnecessarily powerful that let Players not learn how to play Warframe and let their Equipment compensate for them.

*rubs hands together* the responses to my list are going to be fun to watch. people that have no idea what they're doing telling me i'm wrong, oh,it's going to be great.

so in your situation:

Primaries:

Boltor Prime

Soma Series

Braton Prime

Burston Prime

Prisma Grakata

Karak Wraith

Latron Prime

Latron Wraith

Opticor

Sybaris

Tiberon

Amprex

Quanta Series

Synapse

Boar Prime

Drakgoon

Hek

Kohm

Phage

Strun Wraith

Tigris

Lanka

Snipetron Vandal

Vectis Series

Vulkar (maybe...)

Attica

Dread

Paris Prime

Cernos (not to the same degree)

Penta

Tonkor

Torid

Secondares:

Acrid

Angstrum

Rakta Ballist... wait, nevermind

Bolto

Furis

Lex Prime

Magnus

Marelok Series

Stug

Vasto Prime

Atomos

Embolist (if you use Ammo Pizzas)

Gammacor Series

Nukor

Spectra (might need a few Ammo Pizzas)

Brakk

Bronco Prime

Detron Series

Kohmak

Pyrana

AkBolto Series

AkVasto (maybe...)

Dual Cestra Series

Twin Gremlins

Castanas Series

Despair

Hikou Prime

Melee:

Dakra Prime

Mire (though i'd only use it for Exalted Blade in the current state)

Prisma Skana

Dark Dagger

Karyst

Sheev

Fang Prime

Orthos Series

Serro

Tonbo

Glaive/Prime

Halikar

Kestrel

Galatine

Scindo Prime

Katana Series

Anku

Dex Dakra

Dual Cleavers Series

Dual Ichor

Dual Raza

Dual Zoren

Nami Skyla (very likely.... but i wouldn't use them, too slow and no Crits)

Kogake

Obex

Bo Prime

Tipedo

Atterax

Scoliac

Lecta (maybe...)

Jat Kittag

Ripkas

Venka

Redeemer

(doesn't include Tonfas solely due to their Attack Range being terribad. Ripkas and Venka is a 'probably')

many Weapons qualify as viable. very few qualify as unnecessarily powerful that let Players not learn how to play Warframe and let their Equipment compensate for them.

non meta weapons!

i included everything that i consider viable.

i didn't bother to sort out which ones are considered Meta or not. because people's opinions on that differ.

Differ and rapidly fluctuate; A weapon could receive a minor adjustment and still be perfectly viable, but player perception being so unapologetically dramatic you'll most likely never see it again. Or sometimes nothing at all happens to the weapon; something new and shiny comes out, people declare it the most OP guy, and everyone flocks over, completely forgetting that their old OP beefcake even exists.

Flavor of the Month is a fickle mistress.  

-snip-

indeed!

people have been saying Acrid is useless and awful since Damage 2.0.

which, it is not.

i can use it pretty much as the only Weapon i use in Survival IV until we get bored and leave. the only problem that starts to come up towards the end, is that it starts to become Ammunition inefficient.

but per shot Damage is adequate, Status Chance is quite good since it's an Elemental Weapon (and Viral doesn't Stack so), plus lots of Toxin DoT, which adds some extra Damage. and some very good Damage at that.

Corrupted is considered the 'primary' Faction that you fight, which is perfect. Toxin bonus against Crewman is nominal, but still a thing. the Toxin laughs at the Fusion MOA's and Shield Drones. if for some reason you aren't stripping their Armor (which then most of the Weapons in the game aren't very viable in the first place), Toxin does have a bonus to Ferrite Armor.

even if each Tick isn't very impressive (which they aren't), there's a ton of them. you can fairly easily get your per shot Damage in DoT.

yes people, it's a Backloaded Damage Weapon. it always has been, that's what it was designed to be. y'all just abused it Ignoring all Armor and calling it not Overpowered as hell. and now that it's a reasonable Weapon rather than extremely Overpowered it's useless.

repeat this sort of thing for quite a few other Weapons which are publically considered to be useless. some of them actually are, but more of them are just not W+M1 and therefore are 'awful'.

Well lets define what a "meta weapon" is.  Is the phage a meta weapon?  Its not popular, but its strong and capable as is with solid stats and interesting mechanics.  

Personally I'd put the meta at "soma p, boltor p, dread, tonkor" and with that in mind.

Phage, Penta, Ogris, Quanta, Quanta Vandal, Sybaris, Attica, Amprex, Synapse, Latron P, Burston P, Braton P, Tiberon.

Thats not even breaking into secondaries or melee weapons.  Arguably melee weapons are harder due to coptering, but if you are willing to sacrifice coptering loads of viable weapons open up.  Now you might argue "but thunderbolt attrica is totally meta" though realistically thats just moving the goal posts to some degree.

At the end of the day I'd even argue that most weapons potatoe'd and forma's out could be brought to a T3 and do ok, with a few exceptions.  A Daikyu is strictly worse than a Dread, but when it comes down to it the Daikyu's TTK is around the same as the Dread assuming perfect shot placement for both, there will be some straight enemy type/team comp differences where the Daikyu will take 1 extra shot, if you think T3 is so hard that shooting twice instead of once is going to make the difference on these things you are sorta delusional.