Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Demeter: Radial Melee Sweepage (Art Included!)

Hrodgrim

Demeter

Look over there! Is it an axe? Is it a sword? No, it's Demeter, a miracle of (bio)engineering. Demeter is a brand-infested-new type of weapon focused on orbiting blades around the Tenno for visceral, radial, serial rampage.

S1QADvj.jpg

The Demeter resembles a reaper at a glance, but it can break down into its constituent parts, a poleaxe and sword, to allow for ultra fast strikes.

Alongside its versatility as multiple weapons, both individual parts can function as quasi-glaives, enabling medium range attacks as the blades circle the Tenno wielding them.

HcjY5x3.jpg

When not in melee stance, the Demeter handles just like any ordinary scythe!

If you're clever enough, you'll learn that by holding down your melee button, you can fling the smaller blade out much like a glaive!

JyyU3sn.jpg

Now let's talk about stats. The Demeter is almost wholly focused on status effects!

In addition to its great status rating, each strike landed by the Demeter hits twice! Once by the blade, and a second time by the axe!

Stats:

Impact: 0

Puncture: 0

Slash: 14

Spin: 120

Leap: 50

Wall: 50

Attack Speed: 1 (or 2 when in melee stance)

Crit: 0x|0%

Galatine and Scindo better move out of the way, the new king (wasn't Demeter a woman?) of sweepage is in town.

I will make a pretty photoshop version soon :]

Edited by Reefermun

Wow that base damage is atrocious! I love the idea, but having to take a whole second or even 2 seconds if you have melee equipped to do only 28 base damage (and only because it hits twice) is bad.... I'm sorry.... The disconnecting blade is good (although you would never throw a pole arm and effectively wielding one with one hand would be nearly impossible)

Yeah, you're right. I mixed up the attack speeds. It's supposed to double in melee stance! Even at one second, it's about the same as the Obex, not including the status chance.

Edited by Reefermun

Yeah, you're right. I mixed up the attack speeds. It's supposed to double in melee stance! Even at one second, it's about the same as the Obex, not including the status chance.

But what you're suggesting is that this would be better than Scindo or Gallatine, which have 108 and 137 base damage respectively, even though this weapon would do barely half of that (56 to be exact when melee is equipped which is 2 over Half of Scindo's and 12.5 under half of Gallatine's).... I'm not saying it won't be decent (just over the Bo's damage in a more helpful stat, as much versatility as the Redeemer (with their ability to be both ranged and up close), and amazing status chance (although admittedly probably a bit high for base status...)) I'm just pointing out some false advertisement now that you've corrected the attack speed Edited by (PS4)MoonDemonAngel

You forget that the bleed proc stacks! Given that bleed deals 35% of the primary hit's damage roughly every 0.85 seconds, an unmodded weapon like this would deal 14x2 damage on the initial hit and 4.9x2x7 damage over the course of 6 seconds, assuming you proc twice. This totals to 96 damage for a single strike. Continuous attacks would still make mincemeat of just about anyone to get near! Such a weapon would have its own niche, you know?

I appreciate all your input, m80. Really getting me to think.

Edited by Reefermun