Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

50% Off Platinum Login Bonus Glitch?

CephalonHibiya

Question

Hi,

So I was lucky enough to get one of the 50% off platinum bonuses that last 48 hours from my "day 7" login reward, I ended up buying prime access though and was going to use the leftover balance on a Steam gift card to buy platinum. When I went to buy the platinum though, it was listed at the full price, even though I had just been on that same page with the massive red "50% platinum purchase" banner a half-minute earlier.

My question is: does purchasing prime access (at full price no less, since that bonus doesn't apply to it, only platinum - and I'm alright with that) count as your "50% off" purchase?

If not, would anyone know how I would go about getting the game/website to recognise that I have that bonus?

Ta

10 answers to this question

Cheers, so just to clarify that last bit, it doesn't count as a pack and receive the discount, but it does use up the discount?

I would've done that beforehand if I knew this was going to come up, hence posting in the forums.

wait , on PC(no steam) prime access were not eligeable for discount (at least never worked for me)  ,  did something changed? or just a "not" missing

Derp, typo.

I fixed it... >.>

The discounts are ONLY for platinum packs. 

Prime Access is not a platinum pack and is eligible for the discount.

Cheers, so just to clarify that last bit, it doesn't count as a pack and receive the discount, but it does use up the discount?

talk to support if it doesnt get fixed

make screenshots about your 50 % discount where your account-name etc. can be seen too and put it to the ticket ^^)

I would've done that beforehand if I knew this was going to come up, hence posting in the forums.

The discounts are ONLY for platinum packs. 

Prime Access is not a platinum pack and is eligible for the discount.

wait , on PC(no steam) prime access were not eligeable for discount (at least never worked for me)  ,  did something changed? or just a "not" missing

Edited by Tsoe

So I'm assuming it's actually a bug, something DE's just been too lazy to fix. If you contact support they *might* give you back the discount to use, since you didn't use it and your time shouldn't be up (at the time of ticket submission, hopefully).

This is an issue I've heard from other people with the Prime Access purchases consuming the discount, but obviously not giving the reward. Not getting the discount is intentional, but it's the not being able to use it for your plat purchase after that's a little buggy.

Soz all, figure I should probably update this. After contacting support, a very kind individual (whom I hope reads this and smiles) they did give me the discount back, which I then used to purchase "all the plat".

Score one for the Canadians.

And yes, the discount only applies to the first "purchase" you make, but Prime Access purchases are not eligible for the discount. Which basically means that you waste the discount.

Thank you everyone for the help!