Power Combos Between Warframes.

TheMightyBoolean

I saw something similar titled "warframe synergies" referencing excalibur's javelin and mag's bullet attractor. but while talking in a defence mission, the disscussion went something like this:

person 1 -I feel like my Frost and you Hydroid's powers would be able to combine, something should happen.

2-Slushies for everyone!

3-right? Or if ember ulted inside of snowglobe.

2-Because logic...

4-Because instant blast damage.

1-Like a mini nuke.

2-0.0

4. Start a forum thread.

1-Ok.

1- Or if Loki cast ST right as Ash ulted something crazy should happen.

Some might be just be cool but not super powerful and can be done whenever, like Volt zapping Hydroid as a pool to do some bonus shock damage to enemies caught in it, but if its truely game changeing have like a three minute cooldown before you can try it again.

Someone said it would take to much coordination but if your team has enough sense to revive when they see the red daimond on the HUD the should be able to respond to some kind of  "combo with me" icon.

Thoughts?

Indeed.

Cross-frame synergy would be a nice touch.

Of course, not ALL skills would have synergy with eachother.

Some of the 'easier' ones would be like.. Frost using Freeze on an enemy, then Ember hitting that same enemy with Fireball, and you get a Blast proc within an AoE to stagger/knockdown enemies.

Or indeed, Ember using her #3 (Fireblast?) inside of a Snowglobe to imbue her damage wave with Blast, to stagger everything that isn't killed outright.

Just a few ideas, really.

You used to be able to use Mag's Bullet Attractor and Excalibur's Radial Javelin together. All the javelins would go to the target with Attractor on it instead of the standard 360 degree spray. It did a LOT of damage.

These already exist in some ways with the buff skills....  the ones nobody uses because they don't understand how they work

Ember fireball frenzy and accelerant + Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = gamebreaking damage

Frost Flash freeze+ Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = high damage

Volt Shock trooper+ Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = high damage

Saryn Venom dose+ Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = high damage

Oberon Smite infusion+ Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = high damage

these can also combine, Saryn+volt make buggy amounts of corrosive for example.

Mirage Total Eclipse+ Any nuke frame = high damage

Limbo banish + Any caster frame = immunity and energy

Trinity + Nuke frames!  This is a power combo!

Limbo banish + volt Electric shield + Guns! = immunity and free to gun

Nova 4 + Mag shield polarize = near limitless scaling damage with 4x cp

Vauban 2 + Nekros 1 = Instakill giggles.....

Ember fireball frenzy + Accelerant + Another player with a gun that deals IPS = stupid 1000%+ bonus to weapon damage.

Edited by Tatersail

These already exist in some ways with the buff skills....  the ones nobody uses because they don't understand how they work

Ember fireball frenzy and accelerant + Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = gamebreaking damage

Frost Flash freeze+ Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = high damage

Volt Shock trooper+ Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = high damage

Saryn Venom dose+ Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = high damage

Oberon Smite infusion+ Mesa 4 and/or Excal 3 = high damage

these can also combine, Saryn+volt make buggy amounts of corrosive for example.

Mirage Total Eclipse+ Any nuke frame = high damage

Limbo banish + Any caster frame = immunity and energy

Trinity + Nuke frames!  This is a power combo!

Limbo banish + volt Electric shield + Guns! = immunity and free to gun

Nova 4 + Mag shield polarize = near limitless scaling damage with 4x cp

Vauban 2 + Nekros 1 = Instakill giggles.....

Ember fireball frenzy + Accelerant + Another player with a gun that deals IPS = stupid 1000%+ bonus to weapon damage.

Such are the nature of buffs, but I would like to see more than just a pure damage increase. I like the Vauban/Nekros combo though. 

I would like to see some grant a lot of mobility, or utility, or just be hilariously ridiculous. Or even something that needs more than 2 frames to pull off 0.0

Maybe some could be a way to emulate the power of a frame you don't have with you.

Heres a fun idea for a combo: When Zephyr has Turbulence active, Mag can cast Bullet Attractor on Zephyr. While these two abilities are running, enemies effectively shoot themselves, as if there shots are pulled in and bounced back at the shooter. (statistical detail pending for balance, of course)

• 2 weeks later...