Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Fiber Vs Rising Storm For Ash Prime?

Dragazer

Question

Hey so with the new utility slot coming out freeing up a slot on my Ash Prime build, what do you think is better to put on: Steel Fiber or the Rising Storm augment? Using a rage + life strike build btw

Edit: I know that steel fiber isn't a utility mod, but I already have a Rush mod in my build, so the new utility slot will free up 1 slot once it comes out

Current build ATM: http://goo.gl/s0kuzB running with Trickeries as well.

Edited by Dragazer

15 answers to this question

Really depends on your build if you have a BS build with arcane trickery then i'd say use rising storm since you probably won't be getting hit much anyway same with a duration build. If you don't have some form of invisibility and you tend to get hit a lot then it may be more worth it to invest in steel fiber

Ik that already. I had rush in my build atm so with the new slot coming out its gonna free up a slot

Ah, okay, you didn't elaborate that.

Rising Storm is a thing to work around. It doesn't really work well with Blade Storm focused builds as much as it helps with melee focused builds for achieving very high combos (take it from me, I've gained 1000+ with it). If you are interested in that type of build, then Rising Storm is it for you, however if not, Steel Fiber will help partially with Ash's defenses (Prime of couse).

I recommend you look at this guide by Sci_Ant regarding Rising Storm.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489835-ashs-rising-storm-augment-a-study/

Edited by LazerSkink

still not worth it. Rising Storm has a good idea, but the Melee Hit Counter doesn't last long enough in the first place.

adding Rising Storm will help a little bit... but a Mod shouldn't be required for a mechanic to be viable in the first place.

so i'd go with Steel Fiber to make better use of your Health leeching.

i mean, it's ridiculous that even when there's a fair number of Enemies around, keeping the Counter active is nearly impossible even if i'm Coptering the f... out of everything to move between Enemies as fast as possible.

For a Rage build especially, I recommend Steel Fiber over Rising Storm (in my opinion it is not a very good augment, even if you do always go melee-only). I'd maybe even throw in Armored Agility just for even more speed and a little more survivability.

For a Rage build especially, I recommend Steel Fiber over Rising Storm (in my opinion it is not a very good augment, even if you do always go melee-only). I'd maybe even throw in Armored Agility just for even more speed and a little more survivability.

To you, no. To me, yes.

nQLr7VR.jpg

Edited by LazerSkink

Maxed Narrow Minded, 8/10 Primed Cont. Enough for me to now have to worry too much about small hiatus in spawns.

Ah I see, do you think it will be worth with only 128% duration? I only have Constitution on for my duration.

It is near impossible to keep melee counter up without Rising Storm.

However, with Rising Storm, it is more than doable to keep the melee counter in endless missions. 1~2 casts of Bladestorm will rack the counter up to 2x+ multiplier.

Infinitely better than Steel Fiber on Bladestorm build, chops everything in Defense or Survival. Keep in mind that melee counter will reset during intermission in Defense modes due to lack of enemies, though.

In other gamemodes (gamemodes that are not Defense, Survival, Interception), enemy spawn rates are rather thin, so can be troublesome to keep melee counter up even with Rising Storm, so I suggest you stay away from Rising Storm augment in those mission types.

Keep in mind though when spamming Bladestorm, Corrupted Nullifiers in 20+ mins into T4 Survival can abruptly 1-shot you at that blink moment when you land after casting Bladestorm, so Arcane Trickery is highly recommended.

Edited by Acidulant