Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Merceti: Archwing Concept (Abilities 2 & 4 Changed)

(PSN)iProdigy99

4VrLJjj.png

ESW7OGY.gif   YV6mStC.gif   pKdGdkZ.gif  lhjA3ui.gif

Radial Sweep         Discharge      Decoy Bomb        Energy Net

Archwing Introduction: Merceti

This unique Archwing variant was designed to alter the fight through its various abilities that allow it to control and understand the flow of battle.

Radial Sweep releases a thermal radar that both highlights and reveals the position of enemies and nearby objects.

Discharge lets loose a magnetic pulse that buffs ally speed and temporarily causes a enemy weaponry to jam.

Decoy Drone attracts the attention of all nearby enemies before detonating in a near lethal blow.

Get ready to turn the tides of war, Tenno. Energy Net traps all incoming foes in a field of energy, redirecting all means of outside fire to enemies trapped inside, while also providing buffs to allies that enter the territory.

The Merceti's aerial oversight can be extended through the use of mods. Range mods will contribute nicely to the massive potential of all the Archwings powers, while a Strength mod will increase the destructive powers of both Discharge,and Decoy Bomb. Duration mods can keep the battle in the favor of the Tenno while benefiting Radial Sweep and Discharge.

Stats, Abilities:

Role: Crowd Control, Support, Team Synergy

Health:250 (750 @ rank 30)
Shield Capacity: 250 (750 @ rank 30)
Armor: 125
Power: 200 (360 @ rank 30)
Flight Speed: 1.0
Stamina: 200
Polarities: 1x Vazarin, 1x Naramon

Radial Sweep: The Merceti instantly reveals and highlights the position of all enemies, resources, and mods within 360/ 420/540/600m of the casters original position for 10/15/19/24 seconds. At this time enemies have a slightly higher chance for additional loot drops if killed. (25 Energy)

*This ability's effect will appear to every players mini-map and HUD.

*The highlight effect will be determined upon the HUD of the players current position
*This ability can be casted multiple times in different areas before the timer runs out.
*The loot drop chance is only applied to the caster however all allies will be able to pick up whatever is dropped.

Discharge:The Merceti buffs ally speed by 15/20/25/30% to anyone within 100/120/140/160m also stunning enemies for 1/2/3/4 seconds. (50 Energy)

*Stun affected by Power Duration.
The stun will only apply to the enemies near you when it is first initially casted.

Decoy Bomb:The Merceti sends out a Decoy Drone that calls the attention of all nearby enemies within 80/100/120/140m before exploding for 500/750/1050/1400 blast damage after a short 8 second timer. (75 Energy) 

*The Decoy Drone has a higher threat level then all surrounding Tenno so enemies within the attention range will immediate drop all focus on battling your allies
*If an enemy is within 25m range there will be a small AOE blast, blowing it back a considerable distance
*Cannot be recast while active.
*The drone will follow the direction of your HUD where it was originally casted.
*Countdown timer is NOT increased by Power Duration.

Energy Net:The Merceti activates an 120/160/180/220m energy field for 25/30/40/45 seconds that does the following: (100 Energy)

- Slows all incoming enemies upon entering the radius.
-Redirects all outside projectiles that travel to the net to all enemies within the net.
-Replenishes allies shields that ENTER the net.
-Gives Electricity damage to all allies within the net.

*This abilities main inspiration draws from the enemy type the Zepelin and its energy net effect it has on Tenno pilots.

*All enemy movement is slowed from firing, reaction, and regular movement speed. Similar to Molecular Prime.

*Enemies can however exit to and from the net if to be lifted from the effects of the ability, but will be dealt electric damage upon exiting.

Merceti Thread Timeline:

July 25th-

Merceti Archwing Concept released!!!

July 26th-

Minor changes made to Merceti's text
Added spoilers w/ additional power info

July 28th-

Added Timeline

August 7th-

New Archwing Name!

December 5th-

Changes made to both Energy Net and Discharge

Creator's Remarks:

Hi guys and thanks if you made it all the way to this point without giving up on my wacky idea. Anyways I'd appreciate it if I could get any feedback negative or positive on Merceti I spent some amount of time thinking of something innovative and far from the other AW's. I will also be making and posting more art, (as my current design was drawn by hand and taken by my phone.... :(  )if anyone out there happens to have any talents in 3D modeling or possibly can draw another design for me to consider i'd really appreciate it and would be happy to mention your name within the post. More updates are to come from this point on for Merceti and i hope you guys will be there to help me grow on this concept.

Edited by (PS4)iProdigy99

pics broken or it's just me?

No they are broken I'll be working to get those fixed later but all they are, are it's ability power signs.

I would love more archwings! I just got the Odonata and was absolutely wrecked mentally when I transitioned from über Tanky Valkyr to next to no armour Odonata..... This particular Archwing looks awesome and I'd love to trap my enemies with that ult!

Thanks man!! Glad to know you like it and congrats on getting your Archwing lol it doesn't really have much armor does it??? :)

No they are broken I'll be working to get those fixed later but all they are, are it's ability power signs.

Thanks man!! Glad to know you like it and congrats on getting your Archwing lol it doesn't really have much armor does it??? :)

Lol no XD I went into the Archwing alert expecting to be able to tank my way through like every other mission I take my angry kitty into and was taken entirely aback when I died 4 times and had to wait for my squad to finish the mission XD

Lol no XD I went into the Archwing alert expecting to be able to tank my way through like every other mission I take my angry kitty into and was taken entirely aback when I died 4 times and had to wait for my squad to finish the mission XD

Lol I think the only thing that carries over is the Aura I believe

As big fan of archwing mode that believes that this mode has a LOT of potential, I am really happy to see people wanting to add  more amazing content to it. 

I must say that I really like this archwing idea, I am really happy to see support type archwing :), experianced player with this frame could be good support for players who have problem with starting in archwing game mode(people having problem with leveling up archwings/archwing weapons or just surviving missions in general)

Yeah it is XD which btw isn't much better XD I have Loot Detector as my aura and I spend more time trying to figure out if the loot is above me or below me than I do killing things XD

If you want to make collecting loot easier bring Itzal archwing to the mission, its cosmic crush ability makes collecting loot very easy :).

Edited by Culaio

I would like to ask you guys are the images appearing broken for everyone? I am currently using Google Chrome and the images appear on my screen however im unsure if it is due to the fact that the images are actually on my computer and it just recognizes them because of that. I put the images in the post from my dropbox account so that might contribute i'd appreciate any help i can get to get these images up

EDIT: They also appear on Safari but not on Firefox

I would like to ask you guys are the images appearing broken for everyone? I am currently using Google Chrome and the images appear on my screen however im unsure if it is due to the fact that the images are actually on my computer and it just recognizes them because of that. I put the images in the post from my dropbox account so that might contribute i'd appreciate any help i can get to get these images up

EDIT: They also appear on Safari but not on Firefox

- Using img opening and closing tags?

- Upload to imgur or another service and use that link to the image?

- Use a different image file format?

Lol I would love to but like I said, I just started Archwing yesterday XD it'll be a while before I can figure out how to collect and create itzal XD

Actually other then onodata Itzal is easiest to get, you dont collect him you get blueprints from tenno lab, so if you are part of good clan that has researched already itzal parts then you can already start working on its parts and soon after create it.

The powers remind me of Loki + Banshee + Vauban. 

but

+1 cause it'd be a neat archwing.

Really do they? I can see Banshee and her sonar and Vaubans Bastille but Loki's Decoy is kinda meh, however I can assure you the final power of Merceti was inspired mainly from the enemy type the Zepelin I knew that people would be reminded of Bastille so I tired my beat to diversify them.... But I don't think I did a good job XD

I have questions.

1) Radial Sweep

Solo players get less loot than squads. The drop chance goes up for each additional squadmate. Atm, I believe its 60solo/70/80/100(4 players) but not sure.

Is Radial Sweep affected by the number of squadmates? Yes I saw the loot drop chance only affects the caster.

What percentage would Radial Sweep increase drop chances by? See my numbers above.

Whats the Energy cost to cast Radial Sweep?

2) Whats the Energy cost of Discharge?

3) Decoy Bomb

Can we toggle Decoy Bomb off like World on Fire or Cataclysm? Would we be stuck in Decoy HuD mode?

Whats the Energy Cost of Decoy Bomb?

4) Energy Net

How long is the duration of Energy Net?

Is the effect of Energy Net centered on you?

Is Energy Net like a turret or Chromas Effigy?

Really do they? I can see Banshee and her sonar and Vaubans Bastille but Loki's Decoy is kinda meh, however I can assure you the final power of Protura was inspired mainly from the enemy type the Zepelin I knew that people would be reminded of Bastille so I tired my beat to diversify them.... But I don't think I did a good job XD

I wasnt aware Grineer Zepelins SLOWED you. Only that they trap you in a bubble like Snowglobe but no way out until you shoot it. Energy Net seems closer to a Temporal Dreg and Zepelin, based on the description.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

-Snip-

A/Q1a: Yes thank you for the numbers, I was thinking of having the loot drop chance be increased by 15% no matter how many enemies there are, essentially covering for lost teammates while increasing the odds even a bit more

A/Q1b: The cost is set at 25 energy to cast (thinking of raising his ability costs thoughts?)

A/Q2: This ability would cost 50 energy to cast

A/Q3a: There is no toggling involved with Decoy Bomb perhaps you mistaked it for Energy Net and the drain it has? However unless you are referring to the timer it has (which is a set 8 seconds). Also this is a cast and forget ability you use the power and let it do its job

A/Q2b: This ability would cost 75 energy to cast

A/Q4a: Now Energy Net has no specific timer and instead works as a "battery" type of move draining energy as time goes on, although Merceti's is much more diverse as it will cost a set amount 100 energy to cast, trapping a set number of 10 enemies. But additionally will drain 10 energy for every new enemy or every unaffected enemy that has entered or was not effected by the original cast. Now there is a MAX of 30 enemies that can be trapped by the net, at which time enemies outside of it will automatically start firing at the net as if it was an actually AI, in which all of the projectiles are sent to a random enemy within the net. If there are any more than 30 enemies within the cast's range, the enemies that were not chosen to be affected the enemies will be able to traverse freely throughout the net unless they leave its range in which they would join in on firing at the Net, but ONLY if they choose to exit, though these same enemies that choose to exit can and will come back into the net if the cap has not been reached and the effects of the power will be set upon them.

Example: Lets say you have 13 enemies all within radius of you to be effected by the Energy Net, so you use it draining 100 energy for the initial cast. However we have 3 three enemies that were not effected by the INTIAL cast so these (for a cost of 10 energy each, 30 energy) are now under the effects of the Energy Net. This same principle is applied to every new enemy that travels into the Net draining 10 energy also.

A/Q4b: No, where this ability is originally cast is where is will stay and the effects of this ability cannot be lifted from that specific area until it has been toggled off.

A/Q4c: No im not sure where you got that from but please if i worded something wrong that confused you let me know.

Yeah it kinda was in that perspective but the slow effect is similar to that of a Slova's Molecular Prime. And after review of this ability its pretty much many different abilities all packed into one ability that makes something totally unique, Like Vaubans Bastille plus Trinity's Link and even Molecular Prime as i previously stated. So now that you and possibly more people understand how this works do i need to change anything about the Ult. in terms of the battery drain or actually adding a timer. Or should i be brainstorming a new Ult. for Merceti. Please let me know!!!

@(PS4)iProdigy99

Since you made such interesting concept of support archwing, maybe you could create concept of defense type archwing ? :)

I could consider doing that but i would hold the idea off until i think ive made Merceti as community appealing as i possibly can (even with those that dont play Archwing.)

R/Aq3a: I was asking can it be turned off before the 8 secs are up?

R/Aq3b: I was wondering if Decoy Bomb was similar to Elytrons Warhead or placeable like Chromas Effigy? You answered, by saying placeable.

R/Aq4a: Energy Net has a drain similar to PenUmbra starting with the 11th bot . So, its not duration based then and shouldnt be affected by duration mods.

R/Aq4b: Energy Net is placeable like Chromas Effiigy. Good.

R/Aq4c: See a and bregarding Decoy Bomb and Energy Net.

Seems fine except as above.

R/Aq3a: I was asking can it be turned off before the 8 secs are up?

R/Aq3b: I was wondering if Decoy Bomb was similar to Elytrons Warhead or placeable like Chromas Effigy? You answered, by saying placeable.

R/Aq4a: Energy Net has a drain similar to PenUmbra starting with the 11th bot . So, its not duration based then and shouldnt be affected by duration mods.

R/Aq4b: Energy Net is placeable like Chromas Effiigy. Good.

R/Aq4c: See a and bregarding Decoy Bomb and Energy Net.

Seems fine except as above.

Oh okay these make much more sense so unfortunately once cast the Decoy Bomb will attract who ever it can and blow up after the timer, nothing can really stop it :(. Yeah so the Bomb is "placeable"-ish. Once it is cast the bomb will fly maybe 25m in the direction of your HUD independently on its own, stopping itself as well, all while the 8 second timer is going down awaiting to detonate. 

Yes it is not affected by Duration mods at all.... did i saythat? I was going to make it duration based at first so that may be a typo if i said it was? But i am glad everything is clear now.