Merceti: Archwing Concept (Abilities 2 & 4 Changed)

(PSN)iProdigy99

Got your msg about artwork. After looking the concept over and looking at the image in the OP, I have a question and a suggestion.

1) Name. this name belongs to a small creature divided into 12 segments.

What is your inspiration behind the name? Sorry if I missed it.

2) Given the segment-nature of the creature, how about making the archwings design the same way?

Continue what you started, add segments and tweak it a bit.

good concept man!

Just giving the Concept a bump! Also wanted to let everyone know im currently in the works of obtaining and creating more Artwork as well as alternate abilities to possibly consider for the Archwing. Also i am considering a name change of the Archwing; with the exception of the Itzal Archwing the Odonata and the Elytron are based off of different flying aspects of insects, so i am looking to follow this trend. This well help me in the design process of the Archwing, and i hope to find something that can also resemble the theme of "control" that i want the Merceti to represent. Let me know if you have any feedback on the things im about to change/include as well as things you think the Archwing needs

Edited by (PS4)iProdigy99

Its great to see that you are still working on it :)

by the way there was one thing that I wanted to say since while ago but I always forgot to mention it this topic: isnt archwing in your  pic attached slightly too high on body of tenno ? all archwing in game are attached at waist, probably becasue its part of frame that is most similar between frames

Its great to see that you are still working on it :)

by the way there was one thing that I wanted to say since while ago but I always forgot to mention it this topic: isnt archwing in your  pic attached slightly too high on body of tenno ? all archwing in game are attached at waist, probably becasue its part of frame that is most similar between frames

Yeah after comparing my design to the other Archwings i realized that and thats one of the reasons im going to be trying to get more artwork and designs for the archwing off. Thanks for staying tuned as i build the concept.

Hey guys great news!!! Ive decided to change the name from Protura to Merceti for many reasons. The first is that this name actually has to do with a species of insects that are able to fly, Bembix Merceti, or commonly called a Sand Wasp, as its previous name Merceti was a insect that was not even able to fly. The Second reason has to do with the fact that there are Wasp species that have Parasitic Relationships with other living organisms, I believe this was a showcase of "Control" typically over ones own will, which the Merceti shows in some of its abilities. The design is planned to try and get something that is inspired from that of bees so stay tuned for my next page update!!!! Thanks for all the support and dont forget to follow the topic to know whats up!!

Oculata seems interesting but Id have to dub it "Count Chocula", if that was the name for this Archwing.

Im kind of of partial to "Dolomedes" myself. Its a spider that creates a bubble of air around itsself in order to hunt fish and insect larvae, underwater.

Of course this would have a nickname/phrase as well.

Its alright, its Dolomite....

:p

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a rework for the "Discharge" power. This ability was meant to be the "Dissary" or "Core Vent" of the Merceti but after looking it over it sounds too much like the Odonata's "Repel" in terms of how it would function so bare with me as I go along trying to change it, if any of you want to contribute some of your creative ideas I'd love to hear them and there is a possibility that I would consider any given. Along with the changes to Discharge will also come some changes to the idea behind "Energy Net", my main focus for this power was to have something that gave the feeling of area denial to enemies (which in turn helps to "amplify" the whole "control of the battlefield" theme). But right now the power seems kinda messy and I'm trying to figure out how I can maintain the idea whilst not making it overpowered in any way, at the same time trying to come up with something that might not remind people so fondly of "Bastille" in much of a way. Also as many of you might have noticed this will be the third and final name change coming to the Archwing, while it is an entirely new name it is similar to it's last name in the fact that it's of the same species (sand wasps) but just something that, again, won't remind people of something else (Odonata vs. Oculata). The art is tough but I'm trying really hard with multiple ideas and hopefully I can make something I like and be able to show to you guys soon (I AM STILL LOOKING FOR AN ARTIST TO ASSIST ME IF THEY CAN). And by request of Culaio I will be releasing a rough idea behind my look on a Defensive Archwing, I'm actually really excited for this one and am looking to post it soon but as I said it's kinda all over the place and I need to single it down to a common theme before even thinking of showing it, I'll be working on both so expect some delays in thread updates but I am still committed to trying to make the community like this idea and helping me grow on the concepts.

Support archwing? Beautiful. Just beautiful. I love the abilities in concept, too. Make it so, DE!

Wait. Something's missing. What about mobility? I firmly believe all archwings should have one mobility power, or barring that, high movement speed at base. Is there anything that could be turned into that?

Like, say... what if Discharge were some sort of team buff to speed (magnetic propulsion field?) that just happened to create a disruption aura around all allies in range?

Edited by FelisImpurrator

Support archwing? Beautiful. Just beautiful. I love the abilities in concept, too. Make it so, DE!

Wait. Something's missing. What about mobility? I firmly believe all archwings should have one mobility power, or barring that, high movement speed at base. Is there anything that could be turned into that?

Like, say... what if Discharge were some sort of team buff to speed (magnetic propulsion field?) that just happened to create a disruption aura around all allies in range?

Do they? Interesting well i just sort of picked up on the common trend i saw with all the powers the Archwings had in line

1. What i like to call the Blend ability in each description of DE's current Aw's i noticed the first power combined (to a certain degree) all the aspects of what that Archwing was designed to do.

2. This is the ability so far is just Flares and things that are used to drop enemy targeting systems and give players time to react to whats going on in a game.

3. Basically for Crowd Control every power here is just to kill.... thats really the only thing they are meant for, the Itzal being the only one with much utility to go along with that

4. The Ultimate this much like the first ability is the showcase of the Archwing's role in combat but taking it to a much higher level then could be done with the first ability.

Granted these are just my opinions and speculations as to how DE goes along creating AW's but i never really caught sight of "mobility" based skills. Would you be referring to power's available for use "on-the-go", that i can see and would gladly try to implement into the one or so of the abilities the best i could but a bit more clarification could prove useful in doing so. But im glad to see that you like the Archwing and im hoping we can get it into the game or at least considered

Itzal's Blink is a movement power. It helps you get around. The other archwings do not have this, which is one of their greatest weaknesses and probably the biggest reason non-Itzal archwings are widely held to be useless. Anything not Itzal is horribly slow, so I want them to be less slow.

My proposal, ongoing, starts here and continues onto the next page. In part, I'm merging Flare with Movement for Elytron, because it needs movement more urgently, and for Odonata replacing the nearly useless Seeking Fire (because making that useful is more pressing).

Abilities cast while moving, though, and that can themselves move... that would be interesting.

This Archwing sounds weird on first reading but when considering it a lil' bit his abilities are in perfect synergy in my opinion.

This would definitely improve Archwing gameplay alot.

Thanks man that means a lot!!! I wanted something different from all the others and this is the best I could come up with. I hope I can get more to give feedback on there opinions of the Archwing

Itzal's Blink is a movement power. It helps you get around. The other archwings do not have this, which is one of their greatest weaknesses and probably the biggest reason non-Itzal archwings are widely held to be useless. Anything not Itzal is horribly slow, so I want them to be less slow.

My proposal, ongoing, starts here and continues onto the next page. In part, I'm merging Flare with Movement for Elytron, because it needs movement more urgently, and for Odonata replacing the nearly useless Seeking Fire (because making that useful is more pressing).

Abilities cast while moving, though, and that can themselves move... that would be interesting.

Yez I'm definitely looking into something like that it might not be something that scales with "Blink" but I'm trying to see into incorporating what you just said, I agree and hope I can fit it in well, while also staying to the inner-synergy that the Merceti has (as said by others above apparently :P)

• 2 weeks later...

How are you progressing on the defensive archwing concept ?

It's coming along I have many scattered ideas but have been honing down on a couple to give it a "theme" and try to have some power synergy too. It will be a while until it is finagled as I am doing it and the Merceti at the same time whenever I have free time availible so I ask that you guys bare with me as I try to get it done. Also thanks for all the support and if you want to know when the Archwingbis finished or when the Merceti will be receiving an update please don't forget to follow the thread and possibly comment if you wish on any questions or feedback you have positive or negative!!!

Okay here it is guys a first look at the new defensive concept Archwing I've come up with. Note: I have just come up with abilities so you guys can get a glimpse of how it would be played and possibly critique it if it doesn't tickle your fancy, the Name, Stats, and (POSSIBLE) artwork will be coming tomorrow (maybe in a new thread, I'm not sure (depends on how much I can get done)). Also look out for the new Merceti Concept Artwork and power idea tweaks this Thursday/ Friday. But anyway here I go don't be shy to let me know what you think and share this thread with others if you really like were it's going. Btw my main focus was to have something "close quarterly defensive" with a few offensive tactics to help it out.

Homing Bolt: 10 energy

The (name) homes in on a single target within (x/x/x/x)m slamming into it. Movement speed will increase the damage dealt (based on current flight speed) (encouraging constant movement)

Deflector: 50 energy

Become a trophy system that destroys all incoming projectiles, you can link up with allies within (x/x/x/x)m to share this power however with each ally added a strain is taken on both the abilities effectiveness (-10% each ally added) and the caster Archwings flight speed (-10% each ally added); speed is set back to its regular state afterwards.

Suppression Mines: 75 energy

These energy mines will track an enemy within (x/x/x/x)m before "falsely exploding" by the enemy to deliver a load of debuffs; weakening enemy damage and making enemies more vulnerable to it by 5/10/15/20% and causing a temporary slow on enemy movement speed for 6/12/18/24 sec.

Swarm: 100 energy

The (name) summons energy nanites that follow the caster and upon coming into contact with an enemy within (x/x/x/x)m the nanites will begin a ruthless onslaught (think the Infested Moas attack) upon the target until it dies, surrounding it and attacking it through violent "slashes." (Like when a swarm of Bees were to attack) Damage dealt is determined upon the amount of groups.

1 group will do>600 slash damage / sec

2>550

3>500

4>450

5>400

6 seperate groups will do>350 slash damage/ sec

7>300

8>250

9>200

10 seperate groups will do>150 slash damage/ sec

.More enemies will enable it to split off into smaller separate groups that deal less damage but provide coverage for many enemies up to 10 groups. Once the nanites return they will heal for 5% of the damage dealt. The nanites last for (x/x/x/x) sec.

Okay here it is guys a first look at the new defensive concept Archwing I've come up with. Note: I have just come up with abilities so you guys can get a glimpse of how it would be played and possibly critique it if it doesn't tickle your fancy, the Name, Stats, and (POSSIBLE) artwork will be coming tomorrow (maybe in a new thread, I'm not sure (depends on how much I can get done)). Also look out for the new Merceti Concept Artwork and power idea tweaks this Thursday/ Friday. But anyway here I go don't be shy to let me know what you think and share this thread with others if you really like were it's going. Btw my main focus was to have something "close quarterly defensive" with a few offensive tactics to help it out.

Homing Bolt: 10 energy

The (name) homes in on a single target within (x/x/x/x)m slamming into it. Movement speed will increase the damage dealt (based on current flight speed) (encouraging constant movement)

Deflector: 50 energy

Become a trophy system that destroys all incoming projectiles, you can link up with allies within (x/x/x/x)m to share this power however with each ally added a strain is taken on both the abilities effectiveness (-10% each ally added) and the caster Archwings flight speed (-10% each ally added); speed is set back to its regular state afterwards.

Suppression Mines: 75 energy

These energy mines will track an enemy within (x/x/x/x)m before "falsely exploding" by the enemy to deliver a load of debuffs; weakening enemy damage and making enemies more vulnerable to it by 5/10/15/20% and causing a temporary slow on enemy movement speed for 6/12/18/24 sec.

Swarm: 100 energy

The (name) summons energy nanites that follow the caster and upon coming into contact with an enemy within (x/x/x/x)m the nanites will begin a ruthless onslaught (think the Infested Moas attack) upon the target until it dies, surrounding it and attacking it through violent "slashes." (Like when a swarm of Bees were to attack) Damage dealt is determined upon the amount of groups.

1 group will do>600 slash damage / sec

2>550

3>500

4>450

5>400

6 seperate groups will do>350 slash damage/ sec

7>300

8>250

9>200

10 seperate groups will do>150 slash damage/ sec

.More enemies will enable it to split off into smaller separate groups that deal less damage but provide coverage for many enemies up to 10 groups. Once the nanites return they will heal for 5% of the damage dealt. The nanites last for (x/x/x/x) sec.

I must say that idea is pretty interesting and abilties are creative but it feels like it would have trouble defending objects in missions that are about protecting objective(I expect us to get archwing mission like that sooner or later).

I must say that idea is pretty interesting and abilties are creative but it feels like it would have trouble defending objects in missions that are about protecting objective(I expect us to get archwing mission like that sooner or later).

Due to the "Close Quater" thing I said or just how some of these abilities function (btw don't want to make this thread entirely about this Archwing but I will be accepting questions and advice on how to improve it for a little while, probably until I've got the Merceti stuff rolled out, so hurry and share if you'd like to contribute"

Due to the "Close Quater" thing I said or just how some of these abilities function (btw don't want to make this thread entirely about this Archwing but I will be accepting questions and advice on how to improve it for a little while, probably until I've got the Merceti stuff rolled out, so hurry and share if you'd like to contribute"

I dont really have any ideas since I didnt expect "Close Quater" defensive archwing lol XD. Also I wouldnt want to derail this thread from its main topic: "MERCETI"

• 3 months later...

Alright hey guys it's me once again and NO i have not given up or forgot about this topic.... not yet (and i don't plan to). Since last time I have wanted to update the page but ive just been really busy and didn't have the time to do so (basically if I had tried to i would have devoted too much time into it) but now that things are settling done I am ready to get back on track. Now as I promised i have made the following changes and suggestions to both "Energy Net" and "Discharge" 

Energy Net:The Merceti activates an 120/160/180/220m energy field for 25/30/40/45 seconds that does the following: (100 Energy)

- Traps all incoming enemies slowing them down instantly.
-Redirects all outside projectiles that travel to the net to all enemies.
-Replenishes allies shields that ENTER the net.
-Gives Electricity damage to all allies within the net.

*This abilities main inspiration draws from the enemy type the Zepelin and its energy net effect it has on Tenno pilots.

*All enemy movement is slowed from firing, reaction, and regular movement speed. Similar to Molecular Prime.

*Enemies can however exit to and from the net if to be lifted from the effects of the ability.

Energy Net use to be a drain on your energy based on the number of enemies that entered the net, at -10 per enemy trapping them indefinitely and redirecting all projectiles that travel toward the net to the enemies trapped inside and on top of that slowing there movement, while also buffing ally shields when enter as well. With this new change the idea basis remains the same but there are some (I think) significant changes made to how it functions. Now it cost a flat 100 energy to cast and will last for up to 45 sec at max duration, once cast it does still slow any enemies that enter the net but enemies can now freely traverse in and out of the net, (with the effects lifting or being put on them based on where they are) enemies that exit will be punished with electric damage however. There is NO energy drain with this change and instead of sending crossfire damage to one single enemy it will damage all enemies at the same time, the ally buffs will also remain the same.

Discharge:The Merceti buffs ally speed by 15/20/25/30% to anyone within 100/120/140/160m also stunning enemies for 1/2/3/4 seconds. (50 Energy)

*Stun affected by Power Duration.

*The stun will only apply to the enemies near you when it is first initially casted

Discharge used to be a damaging move that both stunned enemies and disabled there ranged weaponry once it was casted. But now thanks to suggestions from supporter Culaio it has been modified from its previous version. It now buffs ally speed, at 30% at max power strength and instead of both stunning and disabling ranged weaponry it will stun enemies that are around once it is first casted

Now i wanted to also post the new art that i had made but the long time that I've been away from this topic has made me lose track of where I stored it so stay with me as I try to find it. Please tell me what you think about the changes made.