Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement 2.0 - Make 'blocking' Automatic

ShogunGunshow

* Since there will be no Stamina to drain, it seems that Blocking is something you will be able to do forever with the new patch. Given this, there is literally no reason to not be Blocking at all times. There is no element of choice in gameplay, and thus, no reason to have the choice at all. A player should get the Blocking damage reduction bonus as long as they have their melee weapons out. 

Or Melee players would act as frontline? We wont want everyone to be Excals 4, if holding 1 button is too challenging., DEAL WITH IT

That doesn't make any sense since the end result is the same if they have it automatic or have a button to hold it. Melee players could still be a "frontline" with damage reduction by holding a button, or letting it be automatic, so exactly what is your point?

Uhmmm nooo thanks..... Auto Parry mod is their for a reason. I mean just hold down the button when your not attacking. You wouldn't block while attacking anyway sooo it doesn't matter. This isn't really needed.

Actually, Reflex Guard allows you to block even when melee weapon is holstered so it'd still be useful. But the OP's idea is bad anyways.

Uhmmm nooo thanks..... Auto Parry mod is their for a reason. I mean just hold down the button when your not attacking. You wouldn't block while attacking anyway sooo it doesn't matter. This isn't really needed.

Actually, Reflex Guard allows you to block even when melee weapon is holstered so it'd still be useful. But the OP's idea is bad anyways.

Exactly

Edited by Viedra_Lavinova

Yeah, I vote no for this. Reflex guard can be a problem and if it were forced on me I would probably quit the game. You know you can not block and attack at the same time right OP? Your idea is terrible, I'm sorry. If I could down vote you I would.

I'm rather confused by this notion that I'm asking the game to 'hold my hand' for me. Like, Block is already a toggle. I set it and forget it generally now anyways, and I only need to worry about it when Stamina runs out. 

Stamina won't exist anymore, though, so I'm just going to click it ONCE during a mission and bam, I won't need to worry about it at all ever. There's no gameplay there, which is a problem. I mean, ideally, I'd like blocking to have a more complicated functionality than what we have now, but that doesn't seem to be the direction that DE is going with the removal of Stamina.

Edited by ShogunGunshow