Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Enemies Are Easy?

pavlo555

Well, this post is about the enemies/tweaks that could give the game a challenge to make you win less.

So, let's start with a new enemy.

1!

Fraction: Corpus

Name: Corpus Heat-sensor Crewman

Weapon: Opticor ( = Low Fire rate , huge damage for not killing him)

Abilities: Detects Invisible units, highly-mobile untis

A.I.: Holds back when fight is on, hiding behind obstacles much back away from other crewmen. When enemies lose vision, Heat-Sensor Crewman charges forward, looks around, trying to detect the tenno. On detection, if Tenno is invisible, or really far away, charges the opticor, when Tenno is nearby and not invisible, Heat-Crewman falls back, trying to shoot.

Name: Elite Heat-Sensor Crewmen

Everything else is same

Abilities: Detects invisible units, highly mobile units,  marks them on radar with a beacon.

A.I. : Pretty much the same, excapt he throws beacons at close and invis units.

When they spawn?  When you use invisibility/mobility ability while in sight of enemy, if he reaches the console, he quickly asks for heat-sensor reinforcement. Other way to spawn him is to unlock the spy cache undetected, this way HSC is not aggro'd and won't detect you in that way, unless you warn other enemies.

Drops: Maybe the brand-new machete stance if that is a thing? And a Derp Anyo nav coord.

Let's proceed to tweaks.

Manic Units should smell the Tenno , so they will keep in a distance of 10 meters, not further. And they should be more aggrod at Tenno running a lot/using mobility abilities (hence their character of "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA")

Edited by pavlo555

So what do these add against frames who don't have invisibility?

Well , they'll aggro on frames that are highly mobile - zephyr, hydroid, etc. with dashes. Tanks, on the other hand, will not really draw their attention, if you are not the least tenno on the ship, they also do high amounts of damage, but charge slowly.

Edited by pavlo555

Well, it's like if you just run away from corpus, leaving them aggro'd they'll just call the opticor daddy to punish you for rushing.

I still don't understand how that works. Does the opticor guy teleport next to the rusher and then instantfire opticor without charging? How does he catch them? Why does rushing need a punishment? Imo playing too slowly is a better candidate for that.

Edited by Naftal

give the game a challenge to make you win less

The initial problem with your suggestion is that you think this comment is accurate, or even necessary. We don't need anything to 'win less', and adding a couple of units that specifically target a niche ability is not the way to improve enemies as a whole.

I have a better idea! Let's give all enemies hooks! Now we have true challenge! Dodging 10 million hooks that have 100% accuracy!

*end sarcasm*

We really don't need enemies that focus squishies, we need enemies that actually make tanks mandatory or atleast desirable.

OP, do me a favor.

Take your favourite weapon, remove all essential mods and use the less powerful ones, ditch that 10/10 Serration and Hcal to use damaged one and ammo drum.

Then go and visit Jupiter again maybe.

The problem is that players are way too powerful for what game has to offer, we have the ability to invalidate 99% of the content available with a single press of a button.

The only way to counter the powercreep, is "cheesy" enemies like Nullifiers, that ignore raw damage values, and focus on percentages.

Imagine if Boltor Prime has flat 2s ttk, dealing whopping 5% damage per shot to any enemy.

Imagine if Serration was capped at +50% damage, turning that 5% into 7.5% and so on.

Instagibs wouldn't be possible, AI would actually have time to shine and utilize all of these fancy tactics they were taught by AI programmers.

OP fails to understand that the set of mod he uses is way too powerful for all of the content he faces daily, while ignoring the fact that most newcomers without 10/10 serration struggle past Mars or so.

DE should silently give every enemy percentage based damage cap (per shot, obviously, not this damage per second bullS#&$) that would depend on a weapon type and see how community reacts to enemies that would actually have some time to show them how AI truly behaves.

Edited by Mofixil

OP, do me a favor.

Take your favourite weapon, remove all essential mods and use the less powerful ones, ditch that 10/10 Serration and Hcal to use damaged one and ammo drum.

Then go and visit Jupiter again maybe.

Done, stealth is not hard with Lanka + Hush + High Voltage.

And then again, if not stealthing, Wallrun slingshots allow you to keep distance. That's what I want - a unit to target when being away because if not, they shoulda be tougher than detron unit, which sucks at range. I just want corpus to be more versatile when it comes to gunfight. Sadly, You don't want.

Doing it again for a video. Just will add vile acceleration... I don't think it is hard to get, a far as i helped newbeie to instantly get HC and VA in two vault runs I grabbed an MR2 into after doing few cambrias ...

As I upload the vid, you can ask for different sets of weaponry to go with. Will be done, and will forma frames as you wish.

Edited by pavlo555