Braton P Vs Burston P

KuroShiranui

Question

12 answers to this question

both are great status weapons, they have good stats and all that stuff, the only big difference is the firing mechanic, and the braton p can be a bit ammo hungry when it comes in really late game and if you keep using it and spray fire

plus the burston has the gilded truth syndicate mod too 

I'd go for both since I like the design of them 

Braton P is less fussy with automatic fire, and has a higher status chance per bullet. I would pick Braton P. Needs ammo mutation though, i found, although I am running Shred.

Unless I'm running a less than tanky frame like Mag, then I'll run Burston P for the Syndicate effect just in case any bleed proc goes through.

But if you're able to max out Burston P's fire rate with the augment, then the Burston P would probably be the better choice. It does chew through ammo though, faster than Braton P, I found, but having more in reserve does help.

From experience, while the Burston prime is my favorite. The Braton Prime does more damage and it takes longer for the damage to fall off in high lvl missions. Even though the Burston has the augment mod, it damage falls off way sooner, it looks cool though.

For sheer reliability, definitely the Braton. While they are mostly similar except for mechanics, the Burston, being a precision weapon, can't fully utilize Heavy Cal, whereas the Braton's effective range is perfect for it. Even if you were to slot a Heavy Cal, you'd have to choose between Shred or the aug, maybe even an element mod for choosing both.

They've both very good at applying status. Which one you choose will depend on other factors.

Overall, I prefer the BratonP just because of the way it handles. The BurstonP will require you have Gilded Truth to get the most out of it.

I use the BratonP as a general purpose weapon. There's no question in Warframe that the answer BratonP is a bad one. The Burston I use when I want the AoE proc and/or I want the recovery it provides. It has very real utility on warframes that have no innate recovery.

i've got the 2 of them and i say that they are both good for proc (status chance) and have a great damage potential in general.

Still, i have some considerations:

-Braton Prime has 5% more proc than Burston Prime (in the long run this difference will get wider: with my builds on the Burston i have 74.2% proc while on the Braton 88.5%)

-Braton Prime has a relative necessity of the mod 'Rifle Ammo Mutation' while the Burston Prime does not (it has a very good ammo economy).

-Damage is average on the two even though personally i have been performing well in my builds

-Recoil is worst on the Braton Prime because it's a fully automatic gun while on the Burston Prime with its 3 rounds bursts has little recoil so it's good even at long ranges

Considering my points one then would think that they are mostly equal but...imo the Burston Prime can deal much more damage because of the existence of the mod 'Gilded Truth', (this mod deals AOE toxic damage after killing a certain amount of enemies) which is a mod obtainable only through the Arbiters of Hexis and it's exclusive to the Burston Prime.

P.S. For reference, the build i use on the Burston Prime consists of: Serration, Split Chamber, Gilded Truth, Fanged Fusillade, Thermite Rounds, High Voltage, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds. If you want to see the results you can test my build on this site: http://warframe-builder.com/

Edited by OzoneAle

Braton Prime procs more, and more of those procs are Slash. Comparatively Burston will proc the useless Puncture effect more often.

The syndicate mod for the Burston is irrelevant; you shouldn't install it unless you're looking for the AoE, and then IMO it's better to swap to a sidearm or melee with that option. RoF doesn't do much for the Burston Prime because it's already right near the RoF cap. Shred is a much better option for punchthrough, or just stack more damage. You lose either P.T. or ~30% damage by installing the augment; not worth it.

Which one is better if I modded both as a status weapon? Braton P or Burston P? By better I mean in all aspects, recoil, damage, ammo economy, etc.

Anyway is Burston P good as status weapon or other builds??

I like burston for corpus and Braton for everything else both are great weapons