Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About How Exalted Blade Calculates Damage

misoru2012

Question

Does Exalted Blade just use the mods from your equipped melee and apply it to it's own stats, or does it use the modified stats from the equipped melee weapon? In other words, does the equipped melee weapons stats matter? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, the wiki page for Exalted Blade (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Exalted_Blade) has conflicting information. At one point it says damage is even distributed between slash, impact and puncture, but then also says it's distributed as "Base damage is 20% 18px-Impact_b.png Impact, 10% 18px-Puncture_b.png Puncture, and 70% 18px-Slash_b.png Slash." Can anyone offer some clarifcation?

Edited by misoru2012

6 answers to this question

My main question that I have right now is whether having Mods like Molten Impact or North Wind for example on my melee weapon cause Exalted Blade to deal their respective damage types (Fire and Cold) or whichever combination you might have. Or does it only cause them to add to the over all damage which then gets split up into the Impact/Puncture/Slash %'s?

My main question that I have right now is whether having Mods like Molten Impact or North Wind for example on my melee weapon cause Exalted Blade to deal their respective damage types (Fire and Cold) or whichever combination you might have. Or does it only cause them to add to the over all damage which then gets split up into the Impact/Puncture/Slash %'s?

There's nothing special going on at all with EB; it equips your melee mods like any other weapon. It's literally just a sword with its own base stats that copies your melee weapon's mod loadout.

So equipping Molten Impact and North Wind onto your melee will cause EB to deal a large chunk of blast damage, just like any other melee weapon.

Edited by SortaRandom