Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't We All Just Agree That Camping Is For Defenses And Pre-Made Survival Squads, Not For Random Survivals?

Cerenax

You can camp if you want to.

You can leave your friends behind.

Cuz your friends don't camp

And if they don't camp

Well they're no friends of mine.

But really, camping is actually pretty much the smart move in Survival. What you are looking for on each map is a number of spots that set up the best fight for your Warframe/Squad. You should be finding places that make the most of your powers and going to town. There are a number of 'perfect' tiles on every tileset that make for the best arenas to hold out in with your squad. These places tend to be easy to fight in.

Being on the move is fine, though it can mean your Oxygen Tanks might end up spread out a bit, possibly hurting accessibility in a pinch. Personally I try to make note of all the 'perfect arena' tiles there are on a map and then move between them.

The irony is that the devs created this type of survival to mitigate camping making it pointless and having people run around...

Ah well. They failed.

The 'camping logic' has spread everywhere and even on random low level survival missions on the void and starchart players are demanding that everyone camp and will call you out if you refuse to stay on the same room as them (pms in all caps and flashing waypoints included among the less polite ones).

For people that want to camp (because they want the extra affinity or whatever) we have the Defense game mode which is a much more appropriate place for this playstyle than survivals. If players still want to camp on a survival they should assemble their own squads from recruitment or with their clanmates and warn that they are going to camp, instead of just posting "HT2 Survival" on recruitment tab and once he has already invited people to the squad start complaining if people don't automatically begin camping like it was the natural way to play a survival. Survival tilesets are huge, why would people think that camping on a tiny spot is the default way of playing it at all?

INB4 but you get more LS if you camp! That's a huge oversimplification that does not accurately match how the spawning system works at all. What matters primarily for LS dropping purposes is how many enemies you are killing which indirectly relates to how many enemies are spawing. If you are constantly killing high amounts of enemies it does not matter if your squad is pack close or spread or standing still or on the move at all. And the spawn logic is that enemies try to spawn close to teammates and the more spawn points are available near teammates the more enemies will spawn up to the total enemy cap of the level which means that, in fact, spreading the team out can make a larger number of enemies spawn than camping.

That's like seriously one of the most fun parts of survivals, seeing if you can get to that other player that died in a far away room. It's the ultimate parkour/coptering skills challenge.

What?? I NEVER EVER til the end of time NEVER ress people 1 room away from designated enemy kill area. They deserve to die a slow painful death.. you know, cuz they thought they could hog all enemies by themselves

Edited by SanctumDraconis

Enemies should be scripted to lightly harass the tenno with fodder units while setting up nully/ancient/eximus defense perimeters around the life support capsules.

There should probably also be a janitor unit that runs around and collects undamaged personal LS capsules and takes them to the nearest entry/exit [spawn point] that isn't blocked by a tenno. When they reach a designated spawn point, one eximus unit should spawn for each capsule they've collected. If they get killed in the line of duty, they drop all the LS they collected.

Blindly rushing into chokepoints runs counter to any enemy faction's objective in survival.

oh, and here's another reason you should stick together beside the enemy spawn and team play: 

• Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within ~50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, split according to your own weaponry. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This does not apply to Archwing and the Interception mode; they have much larger ranges for shared affinity.

Funny how 90% of the people who actually play Warframe wanna camp in survivals, but in the forums a majority think camping is a 'blight' on Warframe.

So a newer player wants you to stick close by because he's new to the game and afraid he'll go down? Yeah, what a jerk.

Good thing you showed him how Warframe 'pros' only care about total kills and couldn't care less about shared affinity.

Never said they were new. Said they were a liability. He wants to camp fine but don't expect me to come raise him if he's gonna be a worthless member of the team requiring more babysitting than he's worth. Other team member should have let the dying just die so he can use his own revives or just leave and use recruiting channel to find other weak campers so they can make smores and die together. Last he wasn't worried about himself dying he was minding where I was cuz he was sold I'd go down and therefore be impossible to reach in time for a rescue. Lol shared affinity. Thats like tip sharing but since he had next to nothing to share where's the benefit to me being leashed to him? Way the mission rounded out only person benefitting would be that little leach. I like how you clearly only read what you want to and not interpret what was actually written. But by all means, keep defending the pathetic. Edited by (PS4)StillbornKumquat

If someone tells me to stay in one room, I just ignore them. Seriously, I can understand if it's a high-level survival, but a low-level survival? Screw them. If it hurts the way they want enemies to spawn, too bad. They shouldn't have gone to a public survival. I play how I want to play, and no one will tell me how to play.

At which point DE said "We better fix that."

And nullifiers in Survivals had their sniper rifles removed, then replaced with modified Amprexes with guanteed Magnetic procs on the chain from the initial hit.

Grouping into a tight ball suddenly becomes a very bad idea.  The forums scream with rage.  Youtube survival runs cease to exist.  The game designers laugh.

And the a volt or frost walk in and save the day by having everyone backed into a wall protected by a huge line of shielding.

I use to play warframe and do voids because it was damn fun and rewarding-ly awesome (RNG was not so horrible a year or two ago), but now.... doing survival voids is about getting shat on almost every party I come across because they didn't specify how they wanted to play, just to tell me, while the game already started, that they want to camp and calling me a retard.

Thus why I solo with my own void keys these days. I haven't had any trouble with defense voids, aside from players who don't stick together and run off to do their own killing, leaving the pod. Every other voids, I can solo, since I don't really care about the time it takes to complete solo compared to doing in party, so long as I just get one done and call it a day.

off topic: Before gpull nerf, when mag is in party, either have gpull or gtfo.

Edited by saltygr33n

I hate when I create a squad, using my key, on a mission like tower 3 survival, and recruit some pubs, and one of them sits there whining and moaning that i am not camping with them. Telling ME what to do when I am the host and key holder. WTF....

Sometimes I like doing missions like Draco, etc, and play the game the actual normal way too...

I just wonder around, opening lockers in Jupiters Survival nightmare level (when just farming nueral sensors), and just derp until the juggernaught shows up.

I kinda imagine I'm like some bounty hunter, hoping to different infected ships looking for loot and hunting that juggynaught/simaris' little buddy xD

That's like seriously one of the most fun parts of survivals, seeing if you can get to that other player that died in a far away room. It's the ultimate parkour/coptering skills challenge.

Agree. Still, I hope you wouldn't let me die cause your chopper run out of fuel at your nm ! HAHAHAHA

PS: Be my nightmare host forever :DDD

personally i think camping is silly. i dont camp (except on defense since that's all you really can do) and have never really had issues.

stick together and stay close to life support wherever it may be. my group usually just runs around as a pack and follows the life support. sometimes if were killing enough to not need the life support, one will stay close to some just in case and the others will stay ion adjacent rooms or will roam around. i really dont understand why people camp, it's not that hard to do well in survival of any kind.

personally i think camping is silly. i dont camp (except on defense since that's all you really can do) and have never really had issues.

stick together and stay close to life support wherever it may be. my group usually just runs around as a pack and follows the life support. sometimes if were killing enough to not need the life support, one will stay close to some just in case and the others will stay ion adjacent rooms or will roam around. i really dont understand why people camp, it's not that hard to do well in survival of any kind.

Well there's a difference between coordinated movement and players randomly running off and potentially compromising the team. If people don't listen even after I give them the plan (if I'm running the key) I'll just drop the session and find new players willing to work as a team. Play solo if you're gonna pull that lone wolf stuff is all I gotta say.