Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After 65 T3S Runs I Finally Got A Volt Prime Chassis

--Q--PyralisTT

Yup 65 runs which ran from 40 to 80 minutes

I even created a thread on the forums about it

When i did 50 runs and got no Chassis i took a 3 month break from warframe

Here is the stuff i got

The best part is the squad i was playing with when i got the Chassis at the 40 min mark we also got a ash systems at the 20 min mark but continued playing until 80 mins. Its was one of the most fun games i ever played in warframe.

Yes, that is RNG but that's messed up.  There should be some kind of diminishing returns feature to limit that kind of RNG.

his diminishing returns are all the other things he got and could also sell for plat to trade for what he is trying to get.

Had the same luck with Nova Chassis. It was getting super boring even after discovering that Excal can solo survival easily without having to camp in general and sit in recruiting channel "looking for" and/or "hosting". Finally got it after doing random void missions with a group of friends.

his diminishing returns are all the other things he got and could also sell for plat to trade for what he is trying to get.

Oh yeah, that's very comforting when you're beating your head on the keyboard during your 70th run.

Yes, trading is a thing but to quote a friend of mine 'I just want to play the game, not have everything given to me.'  We shouldn't have to turn to trading as the only way to guarantee getting what we want.

Edited by Noamuth

So..stop playing the game(Fun!  I love dropping everything to sit in my ship and advertise!) to try and sell..Dakra Prime Blades, MAYBE a Bo Prime BP(Doubtful), and I GUESS he could grind out Fang Prime Handles(Although no one wants Fang Prime)

Dude, everything there besides Dakra Prime Blades is junk(And that part is ONLY because Dakra Prime is discontinued).  There really should be a way to track your drop rates and offer rarer items for particularly unlucky people(If a horrible game like SDGO could do it, this game can too).

I would rather get hired by DE than Farm all day lol.

When I farmed volt prime

I farmed the blueprint, the helmet and when I got the chassis, I sold it and bought the systems and then I farmed it again to build volt.

Did the same thing with Ash Prime.

I farmed the chassis, I farmed the blueprint and helmet and then I sold the blueprint to buy systems and then I farmed the blueprint again, because farming defense is far easier and less time consuming than farming survivals.

So..stop playing the game(Fun!  I love dropping everything to sit in my ship and advertise!) to try and sell..Dakra Prime Blades, MAYBE a Bo Prime BP(Doubtful), and I GUESS he could grind out Fang Prime Handles(Although no one wants Fang Prime)

Dude, everything there besides Dakra Prime Blades is junk(And that part is ONLY because Dakra Prime is discontinued).  There really should be a way to track your drop rates and offer rarer items for particularly unlucky people(If a horrible game like SDGO could do it, this game can too).

After 20 runs with a friend and not getting the Chassis he bought 2 of them for 300p and gave me one. I did build my Volt with it but after that i had absolutely nothing left to do in warframe thats why i continued farming to get it for myself. I had no problem spending the plat i even bought 4 archwing weapons because those sabotages and exterminates were too boring plus i have alot of bp's that would sell for alot. If.If you bought everything in warframe it wouldn't have anything to do.
Edited by PyralisTT

You guys can complain as much as you want, if you don't want to pay, you gotta work for what you want.

I got really everything in the game by playing and trading (i actually bought some plat, but thats more bc i like DE). I usually just farm for the things i need.

But if you are doing 70 runs in a row just to get that one thing, then you are trying too hard.

I already said in another thread about grind *sigh* overall i needed less than 4 hours average for every item in the game to aquire out of 260 items, including frames, weapons and companions. I calculated that and it's really not that much.

The trade system and RNG are going to stay. Complaining all day wont change that.

seriously though, if it was too easy, noone would buy anything for cash

Edited by CruelMaiden

I ran out of keys, now I can't get volt prime at all unless I,

A. go to the painful trade chat. (RNG, in terms of players being interested what I offer, (A.K.A. no one at all unless I offer plat for it.))

B. use my standing to hopefully get the keys I need (RNG)

C. play levels that hopefully give me the key (RNG)

Wow!  So many prime things these days!  How many prime warframes are we up to now?  

Sounds like they haven't put in a token trade-ins system to alleviate the frustration of strings of bad-rng-luck huh... 

Well, seems like you enjoyed it in the end, so that's good :P

Given all the complaints about "bad luck" grinds in f2p games, I don't know why developers don't "weight" RNG systems more to up your chances the more you do of a thing.  We all love good luck, but we all hate bad luck. 

It's a game and it's supposed to be fun - grinding can be fun, and can give you a sense of achievement certainly, and getting a part after, say 10 or 15 runs is a great relief, feels good. 

But it should never be the case that someone has to grind 50 runs to get something, that's just absurd.

The kicker is, it wouldn't make much difference to the bottom line, precisely because such cases are going to be relatively rare (as rare as getting the part on the first run). 

But the bad PR and the possibility of unlucky players leaving and bad-mouthing the game ought to be a consideration that has some weight against that minimal difference in returns, I think.

Videogames are a lot to do with illusion: illusion of virtual place, illusion of being a badass hero, etc.  They should also be about an illusion of "luck" where RNG is involved - i.e. it should be down to chance, but only up to the point it ceases being fun.

Edited by Omnimorph