Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let The Void Re-Make Weaponry!

MurderHoboDinosaur

There are many varaints of guns in the game.

The stock weapons of course, crafted by factions of the game, unique yet following a standard.

Primed Weaponry, the orginal form of many tenno weaponry and non grineer/corpus.

Grineer weaponry(and the Hybrid Seer Pistol).

Corpus weaponry.

Then we have remakes with buffed stats in certain areas, always improvements. Vandal weaponry. Wraith weaponry, Prisma, Lotus's anniversary weapons.

Now is a time for "Corrupted Weaponry" Following the examples of corrupted mods, Weapons in hidden Vaults(In all Derelict modes, just like stock Void missions we have a chance at the BP, barrel, etc) have modified stats so it has varying levels. So a Burston gets 30% crit chance, but only 1% status chance.

And to mix it up, let players try to farm it forever, each part of the Burston as an example is randomized. So you coudl have a barrel that increases the damage of a proc, but consequently you have a lower proc chance. The stock increases recoil, but also increases slash Impact damage.

So you could either have randomized stats, like spinning the wheel and seeing it where it lands, or just have 4 predetemined "Effects" each part gets. Burston stock 1. has less crit but more status. 2. has more slash but more recoil 3. has more proc chance but less damage. 4. more elemental damage but less base(or ISP) damage.

I'd like the wheel, as you could have an infinite number of burston(or any weapon DE approves of) parts each with its own unique effect, its own downgrade and upgrade(Just like corrupted mods!). This also allows infinite replayability, as each run brings somethgn new and unique!

It'd be a big boost top trading if you can trade parts, so a diversity of parts leads to a diversity of prices and glorious chaos! Everyone scrambling for new goodies.

This would never turn out OP wepons, as wit hthe case of Corrupted mods you are trading 3-4 things for maybe 3-4 postive things. And the only MR you gain is from a prefix of "Corrupted Burston/Braton" So if you have 2 totally different Burstons, you won't have 2 MR rasining weapons, just one.

Does anyone have any more thoughts, what they think of it, what to add, and any construtive critisisms?

Edited by MurderHoboDinosaur

We dont need anymore grinding in the game, really, but the idea its nice : sidegrade to some weaps making then corrupted, sounds fine.

A more reasonable way to make then is you have the "corrupted _____ bluprint" and its made out of normal prime parts. Folowing your example, we got 2 bursto p: the original and the corrupted: the original excels on status chance and the corrupted on critical chance but having no proc and lower dmg to make it a real sidegrade, not just a plain update.

This also opens the sugestion of a new line of corrupted weaps, they dont have to be "corrupted burston prime"  but more like they have been in the derelict for so long that they are almost irreconocible, but in the end they have an orokin past. 

We dont need anymore grinding in the game, really, but the idea its nice : sidegrade to some weaps making then corrupted, sounds fine.

A more reasonable way to make then is you have the "corrupted _____ bluprint" and its made out of normal prime parts. Folowing your example, we got 2 bursto p: the original and the corrupted: the original excels on status chance and the corrupted on critical chance but having no proc and lower dmg to make it a real sidegrade, not just a plain update.

This also opens the sugestion of a new line of corrupted weaps, they dont have to be "corrupted burston prime"  but more like they have been in the derelict for so long that they are almost irreconocible, but in the end they have an orokin past. 

I'd rather not using Primes, as some are being put in the Vault. Think of my example of Burston as this. Burston finds its way into a Derelict Void ship. The same thing that makes corrupted mods and corrupted enemies takes apart weapon X, applies random effects to it, then scatters in it Defense/Exterminate/and so on.

This is so more Grineer weaponry and Corpus weaponry can get some love beyond Vandals/Wraiths.

Also I want to stay away from using Prime parts entirely. Let the parts grinded be from the Derelict. So a Corpus Lecta broken up in several pieces is recovered but is corrupted by the same inteeliegece(The Neural Sentry?)

Think of the Lotus during Void misisons "The Neural Sentry has gone rogue" and then we see Grineer, Infested, and Corpus enemies all fighting for the ship. Why not remake their weaponry too?

If Void enemies dropped parts for their own Corrupted weapon at a rate similar to Oberon parts it wouldn't be too bad.

Maybe just two parts per gun. You need a Corrupted BP and Core, then combine it with a built normal version and an Argon crystal.

I know people aren't huge fans of using built weapons in crafting but it makes total sense in this case.

I think this is exactly the right kind of grind this game needs, semi-randomized potential incremental increases. Essentially a little bit of Borderlands.

It doesn't have to be limited to direct weapon stats, either. What if that Braton barrel gives you 10% longer aimglide? +5 seconds on wallcling?

I know people aren't huge fans of using built weapons in crafting but it makes total sense in this case.

Maybe they could be more like arcanes? You'd apply them to already built weapons. One arcane slot per constituent part. Edited by motorfirebox

I think this is exactly the right kind of grind this game needs, semi-randomized potential incremental increases. Essentially a little bit of Borderlands.

It doesn't have to be limited to direct weapon stats, either. What if that Braton barrel gives you 10% longer aimglide? +5 seconds on wallcling?

Maybe they could be more like arcanes? You'd apply them to already built weapons. One arcane slot per constituent part.

All of your thoughts sound pretty intriguing and sustainable, I have long memories of playing BL1/2 and constantly upgrading and getting new weapons.