Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Weak Frame Without Vex Armor :/

IfritKajiTora

So Chroma is a really good Tank but he is too risky to use.
Vex armor is must Have to him, without this he is dead. Just useless.

What about making him less must have Vex armor to survive.

How about just Double his armor form 350 to 700

But in exchange to not must have Vex armor nerf armor buff by half, From 350% armor multiplier to 175% armor multiplier.

Explanation in that way with max Scorn you have the same amount armor as before change, but Without it Chroma can survive now.

This way you can survive without Vex armor. Vex armor will be a strong buff but not that much.

And ofcourse Elemental Ward as Ice buff from 150 to 300 armor bonus, to calculate the same % bonus as it is now.

Proof:
350 + 150 =   500  x 350% =   1750
700 + 300 = 1000  x 175% =   1750

10:45

10:45 Edited by IfritKajiTora

He already has the second highest armour in the game, it's not hard to survive without vex armour.

Due to the fact Vex armour makes him substantially more survivable, it thus makes him feel weak without it. It's just the perception you get when you go from super tanky, to merely tanky.

Then use Vex armor.

I don't see the problem.

Enemies around you level 80 , Vex armor ends, you dont have shield, use vex armor, die immediately because you dont have shield to rise the Scorn to get more armor. 

2600 armor (Scorn) vs 735 armor (steel fiber)

And with that change:

2600 armor (Scorn) vs 1470 armor (steel fiber)

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Enemies around you level 80 , Vex armor ends, you dont have shield, use vex armor, die immediately because you dont have shield to rise the Scorn to get more armor. 

That's more of a damage scaling and enemy accuracy problem rather than a Chroma problem, don't you think?

you can say the same for mirage and prism, nyx and absorb, frost and snowglobe, etc.

Nyx is a pretty bad example as well, unlike snow globe absorb does not scale with armor, and nyx isn't ment to be a tank frame, but almost all of chroma's powers rely's on him getting close to the enemy for them to work well enough

you can say the same for mirage and prism, nyx and absorb, frost and snowglobe, etc.

In Nyx i use Chaos all the time, and absorb just to take them down for 2-3 seconds.

Yes ofcourse Frost have that problem too, but they will get now the buff. So I hope he will get a lot more armor, because it would be hilarious Frost Tank 190armor, Excalibur non tank 225 armor. WTF?

At higher levels not die immediately without Vex armor?

Expect death when facing ridiculously powerful enemies? 700 armor with high shields is OP, it would make Valkyr completely useless and you can't really expect an ability based on taking hits to scale that well.

It's kind of troublesome to gauge with such a specific situation like what you're mentioning, especially because there are many strategies to tackle it (no guarantees obviously, but still helpful):

- Being more watchful of your shields and when Vex Armor ends (harder in hectic situations, but still possible)

- Teammates and their powers' support

- Restores. Seriously, build those friggin' restores and, most importantly, use them.. I can get +1500 shields in matters of seconds simply by spamming my Large Shields Restores (which I regularly try to keep at 250 total). I can't believe the number of times I had to babysit some mastery rank 15+ with restores, often when I'm not Trinity.

I'm not commenting or taking sides concerning Chroma himself, since I don't use him nor do I know much about his powers, but I'm just pointing out regarding some arguments you've brought.

Edited by Casardis

That's more of a damage scaling and enemy accuracy problem rather than a Chroma problem, don't you think?

Vex armor scorn is too much big buff, dont you think? 350% armor buff.   Without Damage scaling enemies Vex Armor Scorn would be too much OP.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

My point with mirage/prism, nyx/absorb was that all frames are "useless" without the "best" of their powers. How can you survive with mirage if you don't cc with prism or stay in the shadows while using eclipse. Rhino should be a tank too but he is useless without iron skin/stomp. Same for valkyr and hysteria/war cry.

My point with mirage/prism, nyx/absorb was that all frames are "useless" without the "best" of their powers. How can you survive with mirage if you don't cc with prism or stay in the shadows while using eclipse. Rhino should be a tank too but he is useless without iron skin/stomp. Same for valkyr and hysteria/war cry.

Yes ofcourse and that need to be slowly changing. Devs are slowly chaning frames and gameplay, so why not change for now Chroma.

Frost all the time use Snow Globe, lol.

Valkyr Hysteria (Immortal OP)

Nyx with Chaos OP

etc.

Expect death when facing ridiculously powerful enemies? 700 armor with high shields is OP, it would make Valkyr completely useless and you can't really expect an ability based on taking hits to scale that well.

Why useless?

600 armor vs 700 armor, not much big difference.

Valkyr With Steel Fiber 1260 armor, almost 2x more armor than Chroma ofcourse with Steel Fiber 735 armor.

I hope you don't think that makes Valkyr twice as tankier as Chroma, because that's not how armor works. At 75 mintues, even Valkyr goes down easily without her abilities.

So Chroma is a really good Tank but he is too risky to use.

Vex armor is must Have to him, without this he is dead. Just useless.

What about making him less must have Vex armor to survive.

How about just Double his armor form 350 to 700

But in exchange to not must have Vex armor nerf armor buff by half, From 350% armor multiplier to 175% armor multiplier.

Explanation in that way with max Scorn you have the same amount armor as before change, but Without it Chroma can survive now.

This way you can survive without Vex armor. Vex armor will be a strong buff but not that much.

And ofcourse Elemental Ward as Ice buff from 150 to 300 armor bonus, to calculate the same % bonus as it is now.

Proof:

350 + 150 =   500  x 350% =   1750

700 + 300 = 1000  x 175% =   1750

Try blocking, evading, and taking cover.

Try blocking, evading, and taking cover.

Sometimes is harder that you can spell it.

I write something too: Add Steel Fiber and Armored Agility. wow.   or    I got something better XD, Dont let any bullet hit you ; D

But what I want to say: Use Vex armor all the time, and second ability, naah its not worth that energy compared to Vex armor, Elemental ward do nothing.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Sometimes is harder that you can spell it.

I write something too: Add Steel Fiber and Armored Agility. wow.   or    I got something better XD, Dont let any bullet hit you ; D

How was what VampirePirate said stupid? Blocking is for now 100% DR from the front, evading lowers accuracy and stops you being shot, cover is cover.

Using each of those things are simple skills that all players should have, it's not stupid.