Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Weak Frame Without Vex Armor :/

IfritKajiTora

Why useless?

600 armor vs 700 armor, not much big difference.

Valkyr has low shields, while Chroma does not. Valkyr's armor with Steel Fiber at 1260 can't compare to Chroma's 1470 armor with your suggestion, plus the increase with Vex Armor. This would give Chroma way too much EHP, and make Valkyr the "Chroma with less shields" frame.

Proof:

350 + 150 =   500  x 350% =   1750

700 + 300 = 1000  x 175% =   1750

.... Dude... Do you even math...?.... or read...? :I

It doesn't multiply by the percentage. It ADDS what the percentage is. Your algebra should read:

350 + 150 =   500      350% of 500= 1750     1750+500= 2250 Armor

700 + 300 = 1000      175% of 1000= 1750   1750+1000= 2750 Armor

And even then it's wrong

Math:

THIS IS WITHOUT ARMORED AGILITY

Chroma's Default Armor: 350 with pelt | 175 without

Armor with Steel Fiber (MAX): 735 with pelt | 367.5 without

Armor with Scorn (MAX): 3307.5 with pelt | 1653.75 without 

Armor with Ice Buff and all of the above: 8268.5 with pelt | 4134.375 without <---- this is the whole reason why DE didn't do what you're suggesting off the bat

At the end of the day, Ice Chroma w/Vex Armor will survive a lot. if you use vex armor, then you're going the right direction with him. You're using him right. 

The only armor that sticks around is 735 at the end of Ele ward and Vex armor if Effigy is not activated.

This does prove your point. HOWEVER there is a reason why DE only gave us a small window to have these activated. You can either build for efficiency at a reduction to duration or you can build duration at a reduction to strength (if using corrupted mods) but there is no in between.

IMO every frame starts having problems 80+ and you are expected to take a phenomenal amount of damage. You should know this.

It is YOUR fault and YOUR fault only if you decide to stop and cast Vex armor without going somewhere to recharge your shields first or watching your timer on your abilities. It is not DE's responsibility to bend to your strategies.

It's kind of troublesome to gauge with such a specific situation like what you're mentioning, especially because there are many strategies to tackle it (no guarantees obviously, but still helpful):

- Being more watchful of your shields and when Vex Armor ends (harder in hectic situations, but still possible)

- Teammates and their powers' support

- Restores. Seriously, build those friggin' restores and, most importantly, use them.. I can get +1500 shields in matters of seconds simply by spamming my Large Shields Restores (which I regularly try to keep at 250 total). I can't believe the number of times I had to babysit some mastery rank 15+ with restores, often when I'm not Trinity.

I'm not commenting or taking sides concerning Chroma himself, since I don't use him nor do I know much about his powers, but I'm just pointing out regarding some arguments you've brought.

^^ This ^^

Edited by KrazyKubrowLady

a few things...

You basically want chroma to have high amounts of armor without something to hold him back...first mistake

Second, you argue vex armor its bad for making him the second best tank in the game because you have to tink how to use it instead of just pressing a single button and get tons of armor...this tells me you are lazy

Third, you argue vs lvl 80 enemys you lose vex armor reactivate and you die...sorry for how im going to be so blunt about it but if you stand still with such high level enemys expecting to survive without shields and wounded you deserve to die every single time...this tells me you dont know how to mind your resources or actually are just a gunho idiot who expects to rush to battle without a plan and come out alive eben when common sense tells you you are going to die.

Forth...chroma its one of the most balanced frames at the moment, depending on how you build him its how he will work...an almost unstopable tank with tremendous survivability but at the cost of having to be smart about the way his skills work, a support for his friends with a great offset heal and a great decoy to draw enemy fire, or a hulking behemot able to kill almost anything heads up even with a freaking stick

Chroma its perfectly fine as he is, hes a high risk high reward frame who actually needs you to TINK, not just press a button to win, if hes to complicated for you theres others options out there like Frost,  Rhino, Mirage or Valkyr, all press 1 button to get armor/defense on their own way, Chroma its not for everyone it actually needs you to know when and how to use his skills, but most of all to have common sense and know your limitations

a few things...

You basically want chroma to have high amounts of armor without something to hold him back...first mistake

Second, you argue vex armor its bad for making him the second best tank in the game because you have to tink how to use it instead of just pressing a single button and get tons of armor...this tells me you are lazy

Third, you argue vs lvl 80 enemys you lose vex armor reactivate and you die...sorry for how im going to be so blunt about it but if you stand still with such high level enemys expecting to survive without shields and wounded you deserve to die every single time...this tells me you dont know how to mind your resources or actually are just a gunho idiot who expects to rush to battle without a plan and come out alive eben when common sense tells you you are going to die.

Forth...chroma its one of the most balanced frames at the moment, depending on how you build him its how he will work...an almost unstopable tank with tremendous survivability but at the cost of having to be smart about the way his skills work, a support for his friends with a great offset heal and a great decoy to draw enemy fire, or a hulking behemot able to kill almost anything heads up even with a freaking stick

Chroma its perfectly fine as he is, hes a high risk high reward frame who actually needs you to TINK, not just press a button to win, if hes to complicated for you theres others options out there like Frost,  Rhino, Mirage or Valkyr, all press 1 button to get armor/defense on their own way, Chroma its not for everyone it actually needs you to know when and how to use his skills, but most of all to have common sense and know your limitations

Yeah, Risky tanky frame vs Valkyr. Press 4 to become immortal and smash everyone without any risk.

My friend love tanks, so when he Saw Chroma he was like WOW I need to make him!! : D. He played him and wow Warframe became cool, but without Vex armor he sux.  And then he started to play Valkyr...... -_- Are you fu**ing kidding me? Female Valkyr is more tanky than Male Chroma, you cant die with Valkyr.

Yeah, Risky tanky frame vs Valkyr. Press 4 to become immortal and smash everyone without any risk.

My friend love tanks, so when he Saw Chroma he was like WOW I need to make him!! : D. He played him and wow Warframe became cool, but without Vex armor he sux.  And then he started to play Valkyr...... -_- Are you fu**ing kidding me? Female Valkyr is more tanky than Male Chroma, you cant die with Valkyr.

You do understand altought yes valkyr becomes immortal hysteria limits her heavily dont you?, you do know that hysteria damage scaling its terrible specially againts high level enemys where you pretty much just smack them over and over and over, you do know that unlike chroma valkyr has a tought time againts nulifiers dont you?.

Also...whats so wrong with valkyr being the best tank in the game who so happens to be a girl?

without the "best" of their powers

Rhino should be a tank too but he is useless without iron skin/stomp

currently he's more of an offensive buffer and meh CC dealer past mid-game so...

unlike chroma valkyr has a tought time againts nulifiers dont you?.

Also...whats so wrong with valkyr being the best tank in the game who so happens to be a girl?

1. no. i havent played chroma and i dont have valkyr so i dont understand how chroma fares better against nullifiers...?

2. sexism aside, it's a lil odd given the visual build of chroma and valkyr.

an analogy: when mag, who looks like she has anorexia next to rhino prime, swings heavy battle axes and hammers as easily as the latter. easy with modding, but when you visualise the actual process... nvm just rambling abt game logic

Edited by jwya

mirage is a bad example since it wasnt intended for her to rely on prism spam.

Anyone who designed that ability could guess that people would abuse the S#&amp;&#036; out of it.  

Enemies around you level 80 , Vex armor ends, you dont have shield, use vex armor, die immediately because you dont have shield to rise the Scorn to get more armor. 

This is intentional so that you can't just facetank forever and have to think about your approach.  

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, but when you read a power's description do you not immediately think of the possibilities?

okay ill give you the most recent example. mag's greedy pull. people ended up using it in a way the developers did not intend resulting in its change.

okay ill give you the most recent example. mag's greedy pull. people ended up using it in a way the developers did not intend resulting in its change.

When I first read the description for Greedy Pull my first thought was "now people will start using Nekros instead of Trinity in Draco."  It was obvious from the very beginning for me and anyone who actually is savvy about the game.  

When you literally design the game's content you should have a fine-tuned understanding of everything going on in the game.  It baffles me how things like this somehow slip under DE's radar constantly, especially knowing that once a problem arises it will take many weeks or months before action is taken to fix it.  

1. no. i havent played chroma and i dont have valkyr so i dont understand how chroma fares better against nullifiers...?

To be a true tank with Valkyr at some point you need Hysteria because the bonus from Warcry is not gonna be enough.

Said ability forces you into melee range. An in the void getting inside the bubble usually means death at some point because of how heavies tend to camp inside.

Chroma instead can use whatever the hell he please to pop the bubble since his tanking ability does not subsitute his ranged weapons.

When I first read the description for Greedy Pull my first thought was "now people will start using Nekros instead of Trinity in Draco."  It was obvious from the very beginning for me and anyone who actually is savvy about the game.  

When you literally design the game's content you should have a fine-tuned understanding of everything going on in the game.  It baffles me how things like this somehow slip under DE's radar constantly, especially knowing that once a problem arises it will take many weeks or months before action is taken to fix it.  

well one because its beta, two it is a very small team (less than 200 employees) and three ill direct you to a post by DE Rebbeca https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/493745-conspiracy-theory-no-one-who-works-at-de-actually-plays-warframe/page-5

scroll to the last comment

well one because its beta, two it is a very small team (less than 200 employees) and three ill direct you to a post by DE Rebbeca https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/493745-conspiracy-theory-no-one-who-works-at-de-actually-plays-warframe/page-5

scroll to the last comment

Maybe they need a 201st team member that they can consult with who actually understands the game from the outside-in.  Rebecca's comment is fallacious.  Even if a restaurant invented an entirely new kind of cuisine they would still be able to step back and assess it objectively.  To imply that current feedback consultation with the playerbase is adequate is laughable.