Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr...should Some Of Her Powers Get Looked At Again?

sakuraphenix

Yeah, I feel like while in Hysteria, she should get a ridiculous armor buff, but still take damage, but the more damage she takes faster and more powerful her attacks are. Kinda like Vex Armor. She should still keep a bit of life steal because that's the main reason I use it now and nothing sucks more than going full rage mode and being shut down by some a**hole sniper/bombard/heavy gunner. Valky is my main frame but she's only so useful when it comes to endgame. Ripline is not fun to aim, Paralysis is underwhelming, Warcry however is fabulous. Put on a weapon with high melee speed, fury, beserker, then Warcry and you're an unstoppable torrent of blades. This is kinda what I feel Hysteria should feel like.

But the armor wouldn't do much... because of the damage reduction formula having diminishing returns...unless your a build without max steel fiber...

No, hysteria is a poor man's EB.

Complete godmode should be removed and have the ability buffed considerably to be worthy.

She's a beserker frame yet lacks the most common berserker trait, she get's stronger the angrier she gets.

1:Its a more defence oriented EB

2:Id be ok with that

3:That should be her passive, more damage she takes the better she is

But the armor wouldn't do much... because of the damage reduction formula having diminishing returns...unless your a build without max steel fiber...

I don't know how any formulas work on this game nor will I ever most likely. Used to love playing as her but she's become a rather boring frame. I think at the very least some changes here and there would be nice.

No.

Hysteria is just fine this way. Valkyr is a berserker frame. Excal is the sword frame. Its different.

A Berzerker is all about damage, look the term up. They take damage and use it to fuel their rage to dish out insane amounts back. At this point Excal is more bezerker then Valkry is. Valkry does S#&$ for damage in her ulty and all of her abilities are kinda lack luster and DON'T synergizes for S#&$ aside from her attack speed boost giving her the ability to go nuts with a scindo p. Dont get me wrong i Adore Valkry to hell. But don't go White knighting your wifu from potential and much need buffs or fixes that could make her better.

Basically my point is Valkry DOESN'T have to use any of her abilities, slap a scindo P on her, mod her out right and off you go. She DOESN'T need to use any of her powers to succeed except maybe poping ulty to rez someone, that is about it. IMO That is a big problem when a frame can just ignore all its powers and still dominate.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

I don't know how any formulas work on this game nor will I ever most likely. Used to love playing as her but she's become a rather boring frame. I think at the very least some changes here and there would be nice.

Base Valkyr at 600 is at about 65% dam reduction

Half of that, 300=50%

AA Valkyr at 900 is about 75%

Steel fiber at 1200 is 80%

AA+ Steel fiber at 1500 is about 83%

Even at 3000 armor it's about 10%

1 − (300 ÷ (300+Your Armor)) =

The wiki also has a chart.

A Berzerker is all about damage, look the term up. They take damage and use it to fuel their rage to dish out insane amounts back. At this point Excal is more bezerker then Valkry is. Valkry does S#&$ for damage in her ulty and all of her abilities are kinda lack luster and DON'T synergizes for S#&$ aside from her attack speed boost giving her the ability to go nuts with a scindo p. Dont get me wrong i Adore Valkry to hell. But don't go White knighting your wifu from potential and much need buffs or fixes that could make her better.

Basically my point is Valkry DOESN'T have to use any of her abilities, slap a scindo P on her, mod her out right and off you go. She DOESN'T need to use any of her powers to succeed except maybe poping ulty to rez someone, that is about it. IMO That is a big problem when a frame can just ignore all its powers and still dominate.

Isn't that any frame? Because of weapons... Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Some tweaks would be cool but a rework? Hell no.

I actually i have a question for you, do you even valkyr? I have an eternal war build and only use hysteria when im either about to die if im solo or to revive a teammate and i have no problems whatsoever in a t4 survival and can go past the 60 minutes mark easily while I highly doubt your excal could deal damage/survive with that shiny swords of him.

Yep and its pretty common within this game. Look at Saryn, Mesa, Ash... Her only ability the needs a rework imo is rip line. 

"all of her abilities are kinda lack luster and DON'T synergizes for S#&$ aside from her attack speed boost giving her the ability to go nuts with a scindo p"

Sorry but at this point you probably don't know hot to use paralysis. Stun + finisher is perfect for Valkyr. Its also very useful for late game.

" She DOESN'T need to use any of her powers to succeed except maybe poping ulty to rez someone, that is about it"

I get your point. But the fact that she doesn't need to use her abilities to survive doesn't mean she needs a rework. Honestly if you're not using her abilities then why are you going with Valkyr?

Edited by Stoner74

I agree though at the same time I don't think a complete rework is needed just some small changes could be all that is needed (like maybe mods not melee weapon effecting hysteria and allowing elemental combos to effect it as well).

Yea it doesnt have to be a full scale rework

Mainly her final ability. I feel that it is a bit unfair that excals final is so much better seeing that valkyr is a mele unit. Valkyr and excals final are both influenced by their mele weapon yet excal's final not only has insane reach but is also affected by the syndacate mele weapon augments by being able to have the proc explosion as if the mele weapon was equipped. Why can valkyrs final at least have that ability? Personally i think valkyrs final should send out a very short ranged shockwave like excal just with no extreme range. What do you guys think. I think that the old frames need a second look over.

You think Valkyr's needs a buff...the woman who turns invincible for THIRTY SECONDS before buffs are applied

Do...do I need to point out how this is so amazing?  It's a free Life Steal panic button.  Your whole team is down?  4.  You're about to die and Trinity is down?  4.  You're about to run into laser pits?  4.

She also gets good melee speed and armor boosts, a FREE AOE STUN, and a good mobility tool.  She's also the one frame in the game(Outside maybe Rhino, I guess?  Not really?) where building armor is, in my opinion, not a bad idea.  She's probly the tankiest frame in the game, right up there with a Duration-based Trinity, Invis-Based Ash(Well, that's more luck dependent), and Rhino.

I wouldn't mind her getting damage off of her melee weapon, that's an alright idea, but she's great as is.

Edited by UFOLoche

Some tweaks would be cool but a rework? Hell no.

I actually i have a question for you, do you even valkyr? I have an eternal war build and only use hysteria when im either about to die if im solo or to revive a teammate and i have no problems whatsoever in a t4 survival and can go past the 60 minutes mark easily while I highly doubt your excal could deal damage/survive with that shiny swords of him.

Lots of people say he still does great damage there. He can stack corrosive on his EB so he can easily solo. And he blocks frontal damage and can pack lifestrike so EB is a better hysteria except you need to watch out for bombards and your back.

At Base he does 750 across all physical dam types and then he gets melee mods and power strength... he can definitely outlast Valkyr as long as the player is careful.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

You think Valkyr's needs a buff...the woman who turns invincible for THIRTY SECONDS before buffs are applied

Do...do I need to point out how this is so amazing?  It's a free Life Steal panic button.  Your whole team is down?  4.  You're about to die and Trinity is down?  4.  You're about to run into laser pits?  4.

She also gets good melee speed and armor boosts, a FREE AOE STUN, and a good mobility tool.  She's also the one frame in the game(Outside maybe Rhino, I guess?  Not really?) where building armor is, in my opinion, not a bad idea.  She's probly the tankiest frame in the game, right up there with a Duration-based Trinity, Invis-Based Ash(Well, that's more luck dependent), and Rhino.

I wouldn't mind her getting damage off of her melee weapon, that's an alright idea, but she's great as is.

are you trying to say ice chroma doesnt build armor?

Yeah, I heard he doesn't fall off as hard as most damage frames like Ash I hope more will be like him.

even tho ash still falls off, ash's damage fall off with abilities takes longer, EB>Bladestorm>Most other damage abilities,now if you want a good example of how damage falls off you can just reference ember

Warcry and Paralysis is fine as it is.

Rip line only needs a casting speed/animation buff. And a better targeting when used on enemies.

There's already a fuckton of Hysteria threads out there so I'm going to ignore that.

LOL^ THIS. Please don't whine about a rework, she is literally invincible. Excalibur needed an ultimate that felt "Ultimate" due to that sham of a third ability he has in Super Jump. His rework was necessary. Valkyr being invincible doesn't need MORE damage capacity.

Rework =/= buff

Increasing Hysteria's damage would've been a straight buff.

Removing Hysteria's invincibility, and then adding % damage reduction, better combos, and other stuffs to compensate for the lack of invincibility is a rework.

Hysteria's stance is still bugged... So it definitely still needs a look.

I don't see a problem with tuning the damage besides in order to keep it current with content.

But I do see a problem with using EB as the measure for the tuning because it's an apples and oranges scenario.

OP is comparing a mack truck to a sport car... There are supposed to be visible differences.

On the syndicate mod point, I am inclined to agree that it should definitely be added to hysteria as well though.

Hopefully DE decides to do something about that.