Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr...should Some Of Her Powers Get Looked At Again?

sakuraphenix

Warcry and Paralysis is fine as it is.

Rip line only needs a casting speed/animation buff. And a better targeting when used on enemies.

There's already a fuckton of Hysteria threads out there so I'm going to ignore that.

Rework =/= buff

Increasing Hysteria's damage would've been a straight buff.

Removing Hysteria's invincibility, and then adding % damage reduction, better combos, and other stuffs to compensate for the lack of invincibility is a rework.

Hmm actually your rework suggestion of Hysteria is a good idea. Thanks for the clarification on buff/rework though in my mind with the Excalibur change his rework IS A BUFF.

Rework hysteria and rip-line and we are good to go. Actually rip-line needs just tweaks, remove cast delay and speed up pull speed and its solid. Hysteria however, needs rework. Currently only reason why its "okay" ability is because invurnerability. Otherwise it just sucks. Like saryn contagion.

As a Valkyr main I dread to use Hysteria. It just locks me down in a stance that has horrible animations, damage and speed. Warcry + Paralysis is a far superior combo. My melee weapon is way stronger than Hysteria and I can use my guns. Invincibility doesn't worth anything when I have low damage. AND IT'S JUST BORING. No range whatsoever.

I do not want a complete rework of Valkyr. I want a rework of Hysteria alone. Or at least some tweaks. Of course, DE has bigger problems now, and other frames need their rework more.

Her Ultimate should get changed from invicibilty to damage reduction. She should get 5m long energy waves, and her damage should get massively increased the lower and lower her health gets.

All my yes!

Edited by S3EK3R

One of my gripes with her Hysteria is that she does martial arts kicks that doesn't feel "Berserk", and the movements feel really, how should I put it, blocky?(not fluid)

I feel that it would be better if they tweak her movesets during Hysteria and make it so that she moves forward during attacks, with the attack range visuals matching her "claws" coz right now I'm seeing her attack moves are more to "punches" with the sfx.

There's already an EB equivalent with Valkyr, Warcry, which is her best move. Being reliant on her ult is what makes the skill very unappreciated.

With that said, her kit does need a tweak. Ripline needs to feel more natural. Paralysis is great for picks BUT there should be an option to be able to use a finisher or regular melee. Holding melee or using the use key would work but that's not specific to Valkyr. Hysteria just needs a quicker, combo able, new Slash Dash mechanic.

There's already an EB equivalent with Valkyr, Warcry, which is her best move. Being reliant on her ult is what makes the skill very unappreciated.

With that said, her kit does need a tweak. Ripline needs to feel more natural. Paralysis is great for picks BUT there should be an option to be able to use a finisher or regular melee. Holding melee or using the use key would work but that's not specific to Valkyr. Hysteria just needs a quicker, combo able, new Slash Dash mechanic.

Back then when Valkyr was just released, Ripline was more responsive and she instantly pulls herself(or teammates) the moment the line connects, the range was also much closer and faster to the point of hook, but then people complained and DE nerfed it, I think it was the range and the pulling delay increased between the start of the hook and actual pull.(not sure, can't find the changelogs)

Compare that response time with the current Rip Line, its way different than the pre-nerf one. People complained back then because of how she can troll pull teammates and how she can magically ripline in mid air but now its just sad.

This was the pre-nerf ripline.

Edited by NeroGrave

Back then when Valkyr was just released, Ripline was more responsive and she instantly pulls herself(or teammates) the moment the line connects, the range was also much closer and faster to the point of hook, but then people complained and DE nerfed it, I think it was the range and the pulling delay increased between the start of the hook and actual pull.(not sure, can't find the changelogs)

Compare that response time with the current Rip Line, its way different than the pre-nerf one. People complained back then because of how she can troll pull teammates and how she can magically ripline in mid air but now its just sad.

This was the pre-nerf ripline.

That is considered OP?

Seriously?

Edited by TotallyLagging

That is considered OP?

Seriously?

Most of the complaints were about the troll pull on teammates and how she is able to "spiderman swing" to the top of a high map with the reasoning that she can rush too efficiently in maps. Apparently mobility skills were toxic back then. (still is for some people now)

Now Rip Line has the band-aid augment mod Swing Line which lets her "spiderman swing" mid-air which was actually part of the skill pre-nerf.

Only problems I have with her kit is the specific combos we get in Hysteria (Though different weapon would be nice too. Still want a spear and board weapon swap as the augment for hysteria.) and the fact that the only way to make Paralysis useful is to build SPECIFICALLY for Paralysis. Which is useless enough as is. Eternal War is fine as is. Waiting to see Parkour 2.0 in completion, as well as if augments will go on the Utility slot, to determine if I like Ripline still.

Overall she could use a few tweaks and a second hysteria rework to have a bit more fluid movement and proper damage scaling. That's about it.

Hysteria needs the godmode removed, but also still needs to not die. I had an idea for this once:

In Hysteria, Valkyr has innate free quick thinking without stagger. The melee counter ticks up every second, and all her hits using anything raise it by 2 as well, and does not reset for the duration (or toggle?). She also has Chroma's Fury effect of a sort (I thought of this before Chroma was out, don't judge me) that adds damage when health is lost. Innate life strike on each hit.

Since the innate QT keeps her health steady, there's no standing there and getting buffed for no reason. The combo counter gives it a boost, double it per hit makes it even better, and the more you fight, the stronger you get, like me! a real Berserker.

Rip Line is not fine in light of Parkour 2.0. 

Since DE has not spoken a word about it, my suggetion is to make it self-affecting only. 

I.E. unable to pull other players. 

Then update it to be the mobility power it was meant to be. 

Sure we lose the interactivity, but one can't have everything.

Mainly her final ability. I feel that it is a bit unfair that excals final is so much better seeing that valkyr is a mele unit. Valkyr and excals final are both influenced by their mele weapon yet excal's final not only has insane reach but is also affected by the syndacate mele weapon augments by being able to have the proc explosion as if the mele weapon was equipped. Why can valkyrs final at least have that ability? Personally i think valkyrs final should send out a very short ranged shockwave like excal just with no extreme range. What do you guys think. I think that the old frames need a second look over.

I could care less about her 4th I really only use it to rez players. only scrubs run it all the time.

I will lose my mind if they did anything to warcry and paralysis  ability's that combo is so important for me for running melee only .  and ripline  is  so much fun for getting in and out of trouble 

Edited by SlapClown

You can only do so much with damage reduction before they'll kill you with huge (yet reduced) hits. Hysteria's invincibility is much more useful for when you'd need it (for reviving people, or for 'dont rez gtfo to extract' times in missions with pub groups, or for annoying rhino primes who think they're the one and only tank), although like the rest of the thread has said the combos are terrible.

The spin-jumping is fun though :)

Edited by Aklyon

I play her a lot, yet the only skill I use consistently is "War Cry".

- "Rip Line" - Makes it easier to get to some places without a need for a weapon good for coptering through the air, but that's about all it's good for. When it comes to utility it's only slightly better than Excals old "Super Jump" in my opinion. Don't see much room for improvement here, should be replaced with something useful in my opinion.

- "Paralysis" - A Skill I never seem to find a use for, I mean most of the time I'm using Scindo P and the knockdown on the slam attack of one of the combos has about the same range, does actual damage, and takes no energy to use... Making that skill pretty much useless. Would need a substantial range and stun duration increase to be worth using (think of Excals Radial Blind).

- "War Cry" - Really good ability and no changes at all needed in my opinion.

- "Hysteria" - It's good for reviving teammates, activating Life Support, and as a "panic button". For combat it's pretty much useless since it simply does no damage.

So yeah, apart from "War Cry" all her skills could use some love.

I have already made a rant about Valkyr.

The basis of it is that Hysteria needs to change. Greatly.

First off, the complete invincibility needs to go. That's not how a berzerker works. No berzerker is ever truly invincible, even if they might seem like it.

Krieg from Borderlands is a perfect example of this - he goes insane and is restricted to melee, he gains damage resistance, high melee damage and full health regen upon a successful kill. During his rampage, Krieg might SEEM invincible but he certainly is not, and if he fails to kill and rampage enough he can and WILL die.

Valkyr doesn't do any of the things that Krieg does, besides be restricted to melee. And before people just say "but warcry + life strike makes Valkyr exactly like that" Yeah, sure. This even further defeats the purpose of even using Hysteria in the first place.

Also, just so that I can poke fun at a certain person on the thread...

i just knew this would be in comparison to excalibur. she'd be fine if he would have never gotten his rework, right?

Excaliburs rework gives people something to compare Valkyr to, as she was actually unique before. That does not make Valkyr any better or worse - she was exactly as bad in the past. Giving her the stance was a step in the right direction but even that falls way short in the grand scheme. 

I wonder what else you know - like how Frost's soon-to-come revamp makes Volt obsolete?

As a Valkyr main I dread to use Hysteria. It just locks me down in a stance that has horrible animations, damage and speed. Warcry + Paralysis is a far superior combo. My melee weapon is way stronger than Hysteria and I can use my guns. Invincibility doesn't worth anything when I have low damage. AND IT'S JUST BORING. No range whatsoever.

This is my biggest gripe with hysteria. Melee weapons can outperform hysteria and allows the use of guns. In other words, hysteria lacks flexibility. In a fast paced game where being able to switch between close and long range combat is necessary, being locked into a close combat ability really hurts.

Edited by nickelshark

i agree that her kit needs a bit of an update, maybe not to the degree of excal or frost but some changes are needed.

first off her

passive: falling in line with true berserker style, she should do more melee damage the lower her health.

now for her abilities

ripline: this ability is about as useful as superjump....with parkour 2.0 there is frankly no reason for this ability to still exist and is where the biggest update to her kit is needed. the thing she lacks more then anything is the ability to close the gap. my suggestion it what it be changed to a kind of combo between slash dash and teleport. she should dash to a SINGLE target and do a set amount of damage and stagger them, opening them up for finishers. this more gives her the ability to move around the battlefield and actually make use of the time she spends in hysteria rather then spending the whole time just chasing things down... 

paralysis: at its core is fine but should be usable wile on the move. fast paced game, shouldn't have to come to a stop or be stuck in an animation thus wasting what little time you have to make use of your finishers.

warcry: this ability should be toggle rather then the duration. the the mod for increased duration per kill on this ability should grant energy on kill rather then time in order to compensate. 

hysteria: hysteria should in my opinion have its god mode removed and its damage buffed along with a higher armor rating wile active. the god mode diminishes her quality of play, everything is just to easy. this would promote synergy with the lifetap native to the ability and the suggested passive of increased damage with low HP, ride the line for optimal damage output. also the ability should not be a true toggle ability but be able to toggle off, end the ability when you see fit however not be able to recast until the duration is over, if i go hysterical and kill everything i should be able to calm down and go about my business rather then being stuck in it..... 

About Hysteria... I think she should become a bloody super tank instead of being invulnerable.

Strip away shields, add health + armor, this value becomes both health and armor. Hitting enemies regain HP. 

Valkyr becomes immune to procs and knockdowns. 

She should move faster, and/or have a slowness aura to catch up with enemies better. 

And the damage output deserves a buff too.

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe