Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Head Explodes When Headshot Not Allowed?

aerosoul1337

What's the fuss about gore? Maybe it's just me but seeing red stuff and random giblets scattered stopped turning me on since I grew out of my early teens. Heck, the only reason I don't turn off the obnoxious gore effects in Killing Floor 2 is that the specimens won't decap then so I waste ammo on their non-existent head. Also, lower the gore the better in a game that wants to target a market as big as possible and if it's f2p even more so. For the same reason Quake Live got rid of the terrible gibbing, it made the game more spectator friendly. For QL it's better for broadcasting matches, for Warframe it's better because of a general wider appeal. More people are turned off by the excess of gore than the lack of it.

So, in my opinion only of course, the only good implementation for gore would be an on/off button or a slider with numerous settings.

^Not proof read, typed on a phone, hope it's readable and a conversation starter^

What's the fuss about gore? Maybe it's just me but seeing red stuff and random giblets scattered stopped turning me on since I grew out of my early teens. Heck, the only reason I don't turn off the obnoxious gore effects in Killing Floor 2 is that the specimens won't decap then so I waste ammo on their non-existent head. Also, lower the gore the better in a game that wants to target a market as big as possible and if it's f2p even more so. For the same reason Quake Live got rid of the terrible gibbing, it made the game more spectator friendly. For QL it's better for broadcasting matches, for Warframe it's better because of a general wider appeal. More people are turned off by the excess of gore than the lack of it.

So, in my opinion only of course, the only good implementation for gore would be an on/off button or a slider with numerous settings.

^Not proof read, typed on a phone, hope it's readable and a conversation starter^

Here we go...

You lack understanding of the pure artistic beauty of both life and death.

The same guys talking about wanting gore are probably the same ones who will wet their pants and start crying when a shooter walks into their cinema and starts emptying their assault rifles.

As hominem comments like this are quite unnecessary. Especially given the context and recent events.

Warframe0014.jpg

This used to happen (and I think it's still here) but you're right, it just makes a hole and a plastic head painted in read is dropped nearby...

No flying eyes or teeth... :(

I tried Hek with all headshots for hours, this seems not happening.

:'(