Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus, False Prophet And Betrayer

fishbane

@OP: Ok. Contrary to what you claim, there is a war going on between Grineer and Corpus. There are invasions between them all over the starmap. The Anti-MOA synthesis imprint describes Corpus traders entering hostile grineer territory and getting their shipment attacked.

The first radio transmission you mention is actually grineer. I don't know how you came up with that being corpus, but Mercury is a grineer dominated planet.

Edited by VanLyrr

Here, her loyal Cephalon slips up. Ah. So there are civilians in the Solar System, whom we are forbidden to have contact with. While the excuse of not exposing civilians to tools of war is...acceptable, it does bring up some questions. 

Civilians were confirmed in devstream 17, the lack of visibility is just a matter of Dev time.

Rebecca: Do Humans exist in warframe that aren't Grineer, Corpus or Tenno. For example: colonies of independent humans trying to live peacefully. 
All: Yes
Steve: The was an argument about how much to put into the Gradivus event and we realized that we do need to build on that stuff a bit more and I think we're gonna, the gradivus event is the beginning of planning that

The Lotus talks about civilians quite happily during the Gradivus dilemma, the idea that they are withheld is nonsense.

"Ke-tok-ke, enter the queue, stand by for punch. Ke-tok-ke, Mercury rail is ready to receive. Proceed. Glory to our Queens."

Hmm. Curious, isn't it? Clearly of Corpus origin, and yet...Queens? Are they not ruled by a council? Perhaps this is the work of a Grineer infiltrator, a slip of the tongue. Maybe. Ah, but wait:

"Bre-nek-tok-transport, broadcast your passage visa now. Passage visa accepted. Bre-nek-tok, you're free to go. Hail to the Queens."

Hmm. One transmission, I might accept as an anomaly. Two separate ones though? Harder to justify, isn't it? And even more curious, it notes more than one Queen. Which other faction has that? Ah. The Grineer. Both the Corpus and the Grineer are descended from the Orokin Empire. Is it too hard to imagine that the Empire of old, has, in fact, not collapsed entirely at all?

Those are Grineer, they are using Grineer letters, the Grineer control the Rails.

This lends credibility to the idea that the Queens are the leaders of both the Corpus and the Grineer. The Corpus perhaps may never accept a decrepit, flawed clone as a leader. An ancient ruler from the Empire that they so revere, though? Perhaps. If my theory holds true, then, what we are seeing, in terms of conflict between the Grineer and the Corpus, is not so much a war, but in fact, merely a class struggle. Is it so hard to believe? The Grineer are primitive, flawed beings, while the Corpus revel in their technological superiority. A struggling, crumbling Empire, there is no doubt about that. But a single Empire nonetheless. 

The Corpus are ruled by their board, we seen many examples of that during the Alad V arcs and events.

The Corpus don't seek war with this Grinner, the Grineer seek absolute dominance across the Origin system, hence there is conflict.

Conflict between Tenno and Corpus are primarily regarding their misuse of Orokin technology and treatment of Tenno and Warframes are raw materials for their scavenging.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Lotus, third Empress of the Orokin Empire, deceiver and betrayer. 

If this is RP, it belongs in the fan forum, it's its out-of-game analysis it's nonsense.

Edited by SilentMobius

m59rdnz.jpg

Got generally ninja'ed by SilentMobius, but I'll put one point here:

You claim that the Liset is our cage, where we are isolated from other Tenno and the world at large. Yet for some reason we have been granted access to the Relays, where we may willingly interact with other Tenno, and the representatives of Syndicates and their operatives are allowed to interact with us. In these same Relays, we have unrestricted access to Cephalon Simaris, a Cephalon who the Lotus seems to be at odds with, and Conclave Master Teshin, who to some extent opposes the actions of the Lotus. Unless the Lotus is playing an extremely intricate game of Xanatos Speed Chess, I see no reason for an "Empress" Lotus to allow such influences on the minds of the Tenno she wishes to control. 

I still have no idea why dude thinks the transmission is corpus.

During radio chatter, supposed Corpus will oddly mutter "Glory to the Queens" in one of their transmissions.

Mostly because of this line on the wiki. Boy, probably shouldn't trust it as much as I do, huh?

That debunks most of my theory, then. What a shame, I thought everything was coming together too xD

To answer the claims that there is in fact a war between the Corpus and Grineer: yes, there is conflict, but rather than it being between two separate races, I saw it as a class conflict, between the Grineer and Corpus. In other words, it's a civil war between them, rather than a war between different races/nations. We only see pockets of fighting between them, so it's hard to determine whether they're having a full out war, or if the conflicts we see are just isolated territorial disputes within a whole empire.

Obviously, this assumption hinged on the radio transmission, which was debunked. Ugh, wiki.

Edited by fishbane

So you take small bits of offhand info to form up a case against the lotus? Never mind the fact that she freed you and helped you when vor was about to capture you. Of given us the plans to make the emp bomb to knock out the shields around the generators for the eyes of blight. Or given us info or items to defeat the grineer and corpus and infested so that dont further wreck the star charts. Never mind the gifts of the lotus to improve our warframes and weapons. Because all of that totally is trumped by the offhand remarks and gathering of scraps of information that she is bad. until she does something bad, aka blow up an orpanage, destroy a homeless shelter or kick a kubrow puppy, im not buying it.

My theory is that Lotus might be of Orokin decent. Possibly someone like Teshin, the conclave master. Someone who has expert knowledge of a part of Tenno culture. 

I believe the current Lotus story starts with the Corpus. Whether she was found by them in a cryopod or she approached them herself is a question of semantics. In any case, the Corpus were uncovering Tenno, or parts of them and using them for their ends. At that point the Corpus and the Grineer were at an uneasy peace. Grineer expanded their nascent empire while the Corpus supplied them the weapons and supplies needed. But the Grineer were making progress in their own logistics. They would not need the Corpus for long and Lotus might of seen this. 

So she turned to the Corpus and made promises that would create profit. Be it in the form of loyal warriors, the Tenno, or some other resource. Regardless, Lotus alone could not establish the groundwork for the entire organization to support the Tenno. She would not have the resources, nor the man-power to set it all up.

With those promises, she made herself and whatever small number of Tenno she could awaken at that stage an ally to the Corpus and just when the time was starting to run out and the Grineer and Corpus start going to blows with each other in this large scale "shadow war", her plans and preparations were ready and she could awaken the rest of the Tenno. 

She betrayed the Corpus. She got what she needed, the groundwork for her organization, the resources to keep it up. So she hid it away, broke off with whatever number of Tenno she had awoken by her side. She could not allow the Corpus to get their hands on them. That is why the Corpus call us the Betrayers. We with the Lotus betrayed the Corpus. We were to be their allies, their soldiers and warriors. Their property. 

Is she hiding things from us? Yes. There are many secrets and horrors that even us Tenno should not know. Maybe just not now, or maybe never. Everyone is hiding something from someone. Who is this mysterious Tenno in the Chroma frame? Lotus does not know him. Are there more like him? Is there an another organization of Tenno outside of the Lotus? Maybe she knows bits and pieces, but not enough to say anything about, or what there is to say would do nothing but sow distrust between the Tenno. Weakening this organization that is the only thing keeping the other forces in check. And keeping all of us alive. 

Edited by Lakais

The Lotus scarcely forces you to do anything. While she might have a private army at her beck and call, her intentions are at worst grey. To preserve the status quo and prevent the rise of another empire level faction, we have to quell them with brutal force. No diplomacy or currency will stop them, and to save other Tenno and resources, our approach is necessary.

A better question; who balances the Tenno? The Lotus tasks us with removing weapons from our enemies, but who audits our arsenal?

And the true prophet who has never lied or betrayed us?

That's right. Rnjesus.

The sole entity who prevents us from acquiring weapons of mass destructions, and exoskeletons to propagate destruction. He twists the variables so the Tenno seldomly gather the true treasures of the void, and merely float in the quagmire of Forma Blueprints.

And who opposes our true saviour? What resource undermines this balance?

That's right, DE; our developers and their Platinum.

They tempt us with their overpriced luxuries, in a universe where Platinum does not occur naturally. They have hoarded it to themselves, content to give you a wiff at the beginning so you are hooked to its hallucinogenic properties. They say that money is the root of all evil, and I cannot honestly say whether DE seeks to amass evil or cleanse us of it. And each day, Rnjesus tries to prevent them from sending you the… oh god.

"Honor of the Lotus"

We cannot trust the Lotus after all.

#InRNJesusWeTrust #RNJesusSyndicate2015

Edited by Gladeus-Ex-Machina

See, i dont trust Teshin for 1 main reason. The tenno were created to push back the sentientals and that was it. we were brought back because the grineer are wrecking the place. The grineer did bring back the infested. the corpus are interested in making weapons regardless of cost or morality. the lotus frees us and helps up and yes asks us to keep balance in the star charts. Teshin has a bone to pick with her because of some info he has. But i dont see the lotus asking us to kill each other for rep like teshin does.

The Lotus scarcely forces you to do anything. While she might have a private army at her beck and call, her intentions are at worst grey. To preserve the status quo and prevent the rise of another empire level faction, we have to quell them with brutal force. No diplomacy or currency will stop them, and to save other Tenno and resources, our approach is necessary.

A better question; who balances the Tenno? The Lotus tasks us with removing weapons from our enemies, but who audits our arsenal?

And the true prophet who has never lied or betrayed us?

That's right. Rnjesus.

The sole entity who prevents us from acquiring weapons of mass destructions, and exoskeletons to propagate destruction. He twists the variables so the Tenno seldomly gather the true treasures of the void, and merely float in the quagmire of Forma Blueprints.

And who opposes our true saviour? What resource undermines this balance?

That's right, DE; our developers and their Platinum.

They tempt us with their overpriced luxuries, in a universe where Platinum does not occur naturally. They have hoarded it to themselves, content to I've you a wiff at the beginning so you are hooked to its hallucinogenic properties. They say that money is the root of all evil, and I cannot honestly say whether DE seeks to amass evil or cleanse us of it. And each day, Rnjesus tries to prevent them from sending you the… oh god.

"Honor of the Lotus"

We cannot trust the Lotus after all.

#InRNJesusWeTrust #RNJesusSyndicate2015

NIce post and i agree with most of it. But scientist have said that most of the asteriods flying around space are commonly filled with platinum. So i would say its most DE that undermines the balance. But like any good Dm in any DnD game does the samething

Just one question.

What...... makes you assume those radio transmissions are anything except Grineer? They never made me believe anything but.

I think the whole balance thing is just a guise, and we are pretty much dogs on a leash, but some of your points seem to detract more than add. 

Plus the whole no war thing, that's a pretty big one. Grineer elite make it well known that they hate all non grineer, Corpus included, even Steel Merridian and Perrin Sequence don't get along, despite being mentioned by Cordylon to actually have similar goals of peace, different means wouldn't account for being completely opposed, would it?

Though, it's true it wouldn't be all of both fighting, some Corpus choose to sell weapons to the Grineer and avoid fighting them, and presumably go unharmed. While at the same time some war is indisputable, unless Lotus somehow manages to set up the crossfires and invasions. I suppose you could argue it could be something like an inside job with a ton of Nyxs or something, but that's pretty farfetched.

Then there's the matter of Corpus archwing ships that got nuked by Fomorians, the fact Grineer have Fomorians and don't use them exclusively on Tenno says a lot. 

Things aren't as they seem, but not everything is a lie.

So you take small bits of offhand info to form up a case against the lotus? Never mind the fact that she freed you and helped you when vor was about to capture you. Of given us the plans to make the emp bomb to knock out the shields around the generators for the eyes of blight. Or given us info or items to defeat the grineer and corpus and infested so that dont further wreck the star charts. Never mind the gifts of the lotus to improve our warframes and weapons. Because all of that totally is trumped by the offhand remarks and gathering of scraps of information that she is bad. until she does something bad, aka blow up an orpanage, destroy a homeless shelter or kick a kubrow puppy, im not buying it.

Sigh. Okay, here we go. 

I wasn't going to do this because I've already explained my position in the first page, but a LOT of people are accusing me of taking a dump on the Lotus. Nothing could be farther from the case. The Lotus is, again, doing a good thing by keeping the forces of the old Orokin Empire at bay, and preventing it from coming back. But that doesn't excuse the shroud of secrecy she seems intent on keeping us under. It's inhumane the way she expects us to fight for a cause we don't even half understand. Fighting for the Lotus is the good thing to do, it's just that I want to know who I'm fighting for and why, in detail.

As for the GIfts of the Lotus, and all that...exactly how does that benefit us, personally? It sounds an awful lot more like she's just making us better weapons, for her own sake. Maybe some Tenno appreciate the extra firepower they're given, sure. Those are the ones that revel in the bloodbath, and never question WHAT it is they're fighting, exactly. An analogy is this: somebody signs up for the army, because it's family tradition. They don't particularly enjoy the fighting, but they see it as their duty, to their family and country. Do you think, that if their commanding officer came up to them, gave them a shiny new weapon, and said, "Here you go, fight harder!" that they'd see that as a personal gift? Personally, no.

You claim that the Liset is our cage, where we are isolated from other Tenno and the world at large. Yet for some reason we have been granted access to the Relays, where we may willingly interact with other Tenno, and the representatives of Syndicates and their operatives are allowed to interact with us. In these same Relays, we have unrestricted access to Cephalon Simaris, a Cephalon who the Lotus seems to be at odds with, and Conclave Master Teshin, who to some extent opposes the actions of the Lotus. Unless the Lotus is playing an extremely intricate game of Xanatos Speed Chess, I see no reason for an "Empress" Lotus to allow such influences on the minds of the Tenno she wishes to control. 

There's a very good reason for it that fits into my theory. These groups have no interaction with the "Empire" as a whole, owing to the fact that they are all rebel factions that are hunted just as much as the Tenno. The Steel Meridian are betrayers of the Grineer, the Perrin don't fall in line with the rest of the Corpus, and so on. The reason why the Lotus needs them is because her private army isn't enough to achieve her goals. While she wouldn't LOVE them, under my theory, they'd be tolerated for the benefits that they bring. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and so forth. They're just as much in the dark about the empire as the rest of the Tenno. Doesn't matter how many caged animals you put together, they're still clueless about the outside world even if they share all the information they get.

Just one question.

What...... makes you assume those radio transmissions are anything except Grineer? They never made me believe anything but.

During radio chatter, supposed Corpus will oddly mutter "Glory to the Queens" in one of their transmissions.

Mostly because of this line on the wiki. Boy, probably shouldn't trust it as much as I do, huh?

Edited by fishbane