Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Charge Attacks~

Acos

I'm going to start saying this now, as the re-introduction of Charged Attacks is big news for me as a primarily melee focused player: 

Please consider this keyboard configuration as an option for when they are re-implemented; 

Allow the reload key to toggle on/off channeling while our melee weapon is out, but still function as a reload key when our ranged weapon is out. 

Allow us to bind charged attacks to the primary fire key, while still allowing it to fire our gun when our gun is out. 

While you're at it, could we have hotkeys that just switch us to our primary, secondary, and melee weapon? There are times where I have my melee weapon equipped and want to go to my secondary, but if my primary weapon was the last thing I had to equip I have to make a mental note of it so that I hit my "switch to gun" button twice so I don't spend time awkwardly fidgeting around with my weapons for 3-4 seconds. 

Thanks De~ You the best~ 

I'm not sure what the problem is. You can set up your keybinds however you want. Personally, I have the mouse wheel switch guns, F as my quick melee button, and G to switch to melee mode. While I'm in melee mode, I use left click to attack, right click to block, and F to toggle channeling.

Charge attacks will work as they always have: just hold down your melee key.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

I'm not sure what the problem is. You can set up your keybinds however you want. Personally, I have the mouse wheel switch guns, F as my quick melee button, and G to switch to melee mode. While I'm in melee mode, I use left click to attack, right click to block, and F to toggle channeling.

Charge attacks will work as they always have: just hold down your melee key.

The problem is when developers design keybinds with a "1 button for each function" design. I'm essentially trying to dissuade that. 

We don't know that the re-introduction of charge attacks is going to work like that. I'm personally hoping that function with the combo system rather than outside of it; tap your quick melee twice and you can finish the animation with a sweet charged attack instead. If charged attacks are just tossed back into the system completely as they were all the developers will have done is sucessfully re-introduced one of the problems they were trying to fix with melee 2.0 in the first place. 

I want to have more faith in them than that.

Go to your options and change your hotkeys around. That'll fix it.
For the weapons, have one key swap to melee, and the another swap weapons. That way you don't have to fidget around looking for the right weapon. It's not exactly a secondary specific swap, but it's still quicker than toggling through all 3 of your weapons.

As far as having one button do two functions depending on if you have your melee or gun out, there is a 1st and 2nd option in the keybinding section. For example, I have my mouse 4 button to act as a quick melee when my guns are out, and as channeling when my melee is out. It's all there for ya already. :)

Go to your options and change your hotkeys around. That'll fix it.

For the weapons, have one key swap to melee, and the another swap weapons. That way you don't have to fidget around looking for the right weapon. It's not exactly a secondary specific swap, but it's still quicker than toggling through all 3 of your weapons.

As far as having one button do two functions depending on if you have your melee or gun out, there is a 1st and 2nd option in the keybinding section. For example, I have my mouse 4 button to act as a quick melee when my guns are out, and as channeling when my melee is out. It's all there for ya already. :)

This part I do have. Q switches between primary and secondary, A switches to my melee weapon (I use ESDF for movement because I'm too cool for WASD). I would really just like a hotkey for each weapon though; if my melee weapon is out then I need to hit 'Q' twice to get to my secondary weapon if my primary weapon was the last one that I had in my hand. So fidgiting still ensues :( 

I appreciate your help all the same though~

tap your quick melee twice and you can finish the animation with a sweet charged attack instead.

A charge that you don't actually charge? Heresy I say!! On a more serious note, having to manually charge the attack was part of what gave the attack "weight" :/. Charge attacks lose their appeal when you execute them as a normal attack, in any game.

A charge that you don't actually charge? Heresy I say!! On a more serious note, having to manually charge the attack was part of what gave the attack "weight" :/. Charge attacks lose their appeal when you execute them as a normal attack, in any game.

You would still hold the button down. 

The ideal is that we don't go back to "normal attacks" OR "charge attacks" but rather "normal attacks with charged attacks". I want melee to work together, not go back to the era where all we do is execute charge attacks. 

Edited by Acos

I'm actually hoping for 2 melee key options when it comes out. So charge attacks can be triggered by holding melee or by pressing another button.

Then combos will also be more fluid in activation and will open more combo development options. Cause those that involve you holding melee mid combo don't really trigger well.

I just hope DE will allow players to charge without switching to melee, like it was before Melee 2.0 ruined everything.

If I'll be able to cut enemy in half in one clean cut, instead of having a seizure near him, constantly mashing E - I'll definitely spend another buck. But, knowing DE hates fun, my wallet don't need to worry.