The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raids: A Terrible Idea Or A Brilliant Cash Grab

(PSN)B0XMAN517

There are 21 different enchantments obtainable from only 2 missions that can each be done once a day. Each enchantment requires 10 of the same enchantments to reach max rank. That's absurd. Even with equal reward chances the statistics of you wanting, obtaining, and maxing a particular enchantment isn't even worth trying for.

We are seasoned veterans of DE's abysmal implementation of rng. We have run the same mission 50 times trying to get a desired part. We have spent hours in survivals with endless rot c disappointments. The longest t4 survival I ran was 7 hours and we got 1 Loki Prime helmet. This is passable because we can run these missions as many times as we have keys.

What I've noticed is players either treat raids as a daily source of platinum (similar to the synoid gammacore) or they just buy the enchantments from trade; bad for players great for DE.

Potential solution: Keep the 23 hour limit (raids shouldn't need one to stop speed rushing, but that's another discussion) and treat the enchantments similar to mods. Enchantments should have their own fusion or energy, same as mods (though neither could upgrade the other). This would allow players to use unwanted enchantments to upgrade wanted ones. The fusion energy would be based of the rarity of the enchantment.

Neither. Players can trade other items or arcanes for the ones they want. DE didn't make them worth an ungodly amount of plat, the players did. Stop blaming DE for everything you don't like. Also, it's not "bad for players great for DE" it's "bad for lazy or impatient players who have the platinum to afford this stuff", and it's good for the players who take the time and effort each day to go through raids and gather these pieces.

Solution:

1) do raids daily, you'll get there (am playing raids for almost 2 months now and almost have a maxed victory, a rank 2 barrier and avenger, and max rank trickery and awakening)

2)Trade with team mates from the raid, if you're in an alliance and doing raids there your squadmates won't hesitate to trade one enhancement for another. 8 of the same can be gathered from 1 raid so only 2 times the same enhancement can get you there if you will give away the other.

Edited by counterflux

Farming implies that I can repeat a process, this is not farming. It doesn't take a mathematician to know that "farming" enchantments is statistically ridiculous.

It takes a smart man to realize the futility of his actions.

It takes a genius to grasp a small ray of hope regardless.

Solution:

1) do raids daily, you'll get there (am playing raids for almost 2 months now and almost have a maxed victory, a rank 2 barrier and avenger, and max rank trickery and awakening)

2)Trade with team mates from the raid, if you're in an alliance and doing raids there your squadmates won't hesitate to trade one enhancement for another. 8 of the same can be gathered from 1 raid so only 2 times the same enhancement can get you there if you will give away the other.

Those are great work arounds. I'm just trying to look at the base situation and adding my feedback.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

I just don't like Law of Retribution at all. Enemy levels are too high to survive doing anything other than 24/7 crowd control which is frankly boring. I'd suggest for more ways to get Arcanes than doing level 80 CC-fests, even if still time-limited, before we get crazy and smash the idea of Arcanes entirely.

I just don't like Law of Retribution at all. Enemy levels are too high to survive doing anything other than 24/7 crowd control which is frankly boring.

Indeed. It's just like Tactical alerts, which bring the worst things in the game to light.

There are 21 different enchantments obtainable from only 2 missions that can each be done once a day. Each enchantment requires 10 of the same enchantments to reach max rank. That's absurd. Even with equal reward chances the statistics of you wanting, obtaining, and maxing a particular enchantment isn't even worth trying for.

We are seasoned veterans of DE's abysmal implementation of rng. We have run the same mission 50 times trying to get a desired part. We have spent hours in survivals with endless rot c disappointments. The longest t4 survival I ran was 7 hours and we got 1 Loki Prime helmet. This is passable because we can run these missions as many times as we have keys.

What I've noticed is players either treat raids as a daily source of platinum (similar to the synoid gammacore) or they just buy the enchantments from trade; bad for players great for DE.

Potential solution: Keep the 23 hour limit (raids shouldn't need one to stop speed rushing, but that's another discussion) and treat the enchantments similar to mods. Enchantments should have their own fusion or energy, same as mods (though neither could upgrade the other). This would allow players to use unwanted enchantments to upgrade wanted ones. The fusion energy would be based of the rarity of the enchantment.

I agree with you but disagree with your solution to an extent. I do think its a cash grab and a $&*&*#(%& amount of grind for a bunch of mediocre benefits at best. I also apologise for the few dense white knights I've seen comment in this thread. Saw someone say DE didn't set the plat prices and players did, this is not entirely correct. Anyone with a brain knows that DE set the precedent for a high market price when they made these things so hard and tedious to obtain as well as setting rarity for the most desired arcanes high.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with the solution OP suggested, but it's probably not going to be a thing -- mainly because:

It seems the thing is, you will be able to do one of EACH raid per day -- that's one Law, one Nightmare Law, one J4, one Nightmare J4, etc.

So after we get a few raids, it won't be such a long wait between getting arcanes.

It's better if you don't farm. Just enjoy the raids like I do.

Really.

I just did raids casually because I didn't have anything to do. Some days I missed. For the last few days I farmed new primes,so didn't do it.

Even then, I have already maxed Awakening, Strike, Trickery(got last one yesterday) and need 2 more Guardian to complete the set.

I don't really like playing NM raid since I mainly play with pubs and there is always someone who fucks up the NM.

Or just ignore it. I don't do trials because for me they are the crystallization of what's wrong in the game. A broken scaling, aka the crutch the devs stubbornly rely on to make things "challenging", and mechanics that remove gameplay options from the players' hands instead of offering new ways to do things. And arcanes are really not worth suffering this horror anyway... But again, that's just my opinion.