Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupt Fusion Cores Concept.

EternalOdyessy

Corrupt Fusion Cores would be an interesting concept, from what I've thought up. These would, of course, be different from normal cores. But how? Well, these wouldn't be in common, uncommon, rare, or legendary. They would have Unique.

What it would do: Just like normal cores. Except a bit backwards. Say that you have a rank 5 serration, and you have one of these cores. If you had another rank five mod, you could "steal" those five ranks from the other mod (while effectively using it up, like any other fusion) to add it to your Serration, making it go to the max 10. You can not max out a mod that's different from the one you're using. Here's what I mean.

1. It cannot be of different rarity. This is to balance out people from using a ton of common mods to abuse maxing out others and selling them in huge amounts. In addition to this, Corrupt Fusion Cores restrict you from using Rifle mods that you fuse with the core on, say, Pistol or Aura mods. Commons used this way can only affect other commons, And Uncommons, Rares, and Legendaries follow this, so people can't farm Baro-Ti-Keer when he puts a Prime mod on his store, people max them out using these cores, then buy more and more to get platinum easily from other players.

If I need to be more clear, You can use Malignant Force+Corrupt Fusion Core to help bump a few ranks, on, say, High Voltage. Depending on how many ranks Malignant Force has, it'll bump High Voltage by that much. But you cannot use a maxed Melee Prowess to bump a few levels on Redirection. These are not in the same category of mods.

2.Due to the usefulness of these cores, they will only be dropped on C rotation TIV Survivals, Defense, and Interception. The "easiest" way to obtain them would be NM raids. Edit: Voids are rather easy to do, and the risk-reward isn't balanced, if they were in those drop tables. Perhaps NM Raid exclusive?

What are your thoughts, fellow Tenno? If you don't agree with some (or all) of this, please, feel free to change what you think would make it fit best!

Edit: I feel like it'll be a bit too rare..perhaps I was overkill? Maybe. I'd like to know if that's too out of reach for people.

Edit upon edit: No, turns out, it might be TOO common for this sort of thing.

Edit once again: Rare/Reinforced crates/containers and Standard Raids sounds the best. Thanks to Neah for this idea.

Edit2: I did not realize Reflect was a Warframe mod, and not a melee mod. Example in Bold has been edited to make more sense.

Edited by DampEternalSoul

From a mathematical standpoint, these cores are quite broken.

Why?

A rank 5 mod say, Serration will need 248 fusion energy, while a Rank 10 will need 8140 energy. That's about 40 times more energy.

And this energy increases by 50% for each "tier" of mods. Bypassing 40 times the progression is just way too much.

But, if these cores increases the fusion energy of said mod say, by 100% (for example), then you can essentially use a rank 9 mod to turn it into a rank 10 mod, which is slightly more balanced (if they are rare). But then again I'm not a fan of diluting the void tables even further with things like these, since Tier 4 voids aren't exactly rare nor are they hard to play. So, I'd suggest putting them in raids / some other game mode. 

Edited by Neah

From a mathematical standpoint, these cores are quite broken.

Why?

A rank 5 mod say, Serration will need 248 fusion energy, while a Rank 10 will need 8140 energy. That's about 40 times more energy.

And this energy increases by 50% for each "tier" of mods. Bypassing 40 times the progression is just way too much.

But, if these cores increases the fusion energy of said mod say, by 100% (for example), then you can essentially use a rank 9 mod to turn it into a rank 10 mod, which is slightly more balanced (if they are rare). But then again I'm not a fan of diluting the void tables even further with things like these, since Tier 4 voids aren't exactly rare nor are they hard to play. So, I'd suggest putting them in raids / some other game mode.

You do make a point..Maybe limited to just NM Raid rewards?

You do make a point..Maybe limited to just NM Raid rewards?

Standard Raids should also be fine, or they can be loots from the Rare / Reinforced loot crates. Rare, but not exactly unreachable for most people.

[OP]

So, I rank my Blind rage up to level 5, then I rank my other Blind rage up to 5 and then I steal the 5 from the second and add them to the first?

Holy S#&$, I just saved 186 Rare 5 fusion cores from that!

Sorry OP, this would be OP.

So, I rank my Blind rage up to level 5, then I rank my other Blind rage up to 5 and then I steal the 5 from the second and add them to the first?

Holy S#&$, I just saved 186 Rare 5 fusion cores from that!

Sorry OP, this would be OP.

Your point? I suppose it is, but it's rare, balancing out it's fusion power. Raids and Rare Containers being the only dropping places that can give this? I think the power is then justified by the rarity.

Rarity doesn't justify power imagine if amublas had a 0.000001 percent chance to drop a blueprint for a weapon that kills anything you shoot with it no matter what. It's incredibly rare but still overpowered.

Of course this is an exaggeration but you get the idea.

Edited by (XB1)kr0mus