Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis! Please!

VinnyBoy

The ignis looks puny and shoots puny! It requires a change in order to be cool (hot, actually).

For starter, I think it shouldn't look like a grakata with an extra box. The overall shape is ok but it should be a gun of its own.

And then it shouldn't shoot puffs of colored smoke. It should fire STREAMS! And it's not like it cannot be done, I saw Sargas Ruk do it all the time. The ignis should pee pain, not fart amusements.

There's an picture for references.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/170051/flamethrower.jpg

Edit: I have no idea why I posted this in Mission. I thought I was in weapons.

Edited by VinnyBoy

So you want the Ignis to look different, shoot differently, and have different stats.

...Then why not just make a new flamethrower?

Actually, chances are that's what the new Grineer primary on the Hypesite is.

The ignis is literally a grakata with a fuel tank so it's very likely that it may get a visual update like the ogris/torid

So you want the Ignis to look different, shoot differently, and have different stats.

...Then why not just make a new flamethrower?

Actually, chances are that's what the new Grineer primary on the Hypesite is.

Too big to be a flamethrower. Unless maybe they're giving us the Pyrotechnic Ogris and giving it a new model. But honestly, it's seems much more likely to be some sort of particle cannon, like the Opticor. It's clear the Grineer are capable of making particle weapons because of the Atomos.

But I think they should focus on making the Ignis worth using than adding a new flame thrower. It makes far more sense to make an existing weapon actually work than adding a new one. Like what they're doing with the Supra and make it actually usable instead of adding a new Corpus Machine Gun into the game.

I'm fine with how it looks, but it's not like it's unheard of for them to change the models on things. Few weapons have gotten upgraded models and the Infested Corpus are getting a new model.

Edited by Ceryk

The ignis is literally a grakata with a fuel tank so it's very likely that it may get a visual update like the ogris/torid

Torid and Ogris still look pretty much like each other, they just looked ugly in the first place. I don't see the Ignis getting a new model unless Grakata gets one as well.

Torid and Ogris still look pretty much like each other, they just looked ugly in the first place. I don't see the Ignis getting a new model unless Grakata gets one as well.

If you look at them side by side there is a clear enough difference rather than one being red and one being green sort of the same with the ignis needs a bit of a change visually but I doubt it's high on DE's list of priorities