Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Joining The "mastery Rank Elite".........

TL:DR

Basically I am complaining that I am getting rejected from raid groups because my Mastery Rank isn't high enough. Even though I have nearly maxed both my Mesa and Loki, who also have a big arsenal of powerful and multi-forma'ed weapons at their disposal.

Hey guys - I have been trying to join raid parties with my Loki Prime, which has the following gear at its disposal:

5 forma Soma Prime

5 forma Boltor Prime

4 forma Dread

3 forma Akvasto

3 forma Orthos Prime

3 forma Dakra Prime WITH Crimson Dervish AND Loki's bonus 400% melee damage.

3 forma Tipedo

3 forma Galantine

3 forma Scindo

It might also help to note that I also have 3 Loki builds. Perma, and I mean PERMA invisibility, then a radial disarm build, and then finally a hybrid of the two.

Now to the point of the thread. I keep getting rejected from raid groups for being MR7.

ALL OF THAT ABOVE ^^^^

It's like it doesn't even exist anymore because I'm not one of the elite "Mastery Rank 12 or more hardcore players".

I'm getting sick and tired of it. So I'm basically just going to grind out Draco with a Mesa / Frost / G-Mag for like 6 hours, just so I can earn the title of "Mastery Rank Elite". This is utterly pathetic that I'm getting discluded from content and being punished for narrowing in and mastering my Loki and my Mesa builds. Just because I don't have a bunch of non-forma'd and non-potatoed level 30 gear, I'm considered a noob. I'm sick of carrying the entire party every mission, just to find out that I'm the only Mastery Rank in the party that is below MR10.

So are you happy now? Am I now going to be a skilled player? Does a number next to my name make me worthy of your raid party?

- end rant.

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

Well If your getting rejected from raids due to your mastery rank....No, you're not one "us"....  :D

I do agree, but it's a lot easier to judge a player just by looking at their mastery rather than going on their profile to see their hours and stuff.... It's not right, but it is what it is...I won't say it's completely wrong because I do it as well...If your not Mr.10 and up I won't invite you..unless we're friends, but then again I don't play with "randoms"....If you really don't like it Host your own key, and nobody can say anything, (but they can leave)...

Edited by (PS4)Madkiller2580

This makes me sick too. I'm a MR19 player and I bash guys daily on PS4 for asking for high mastery rank players to do missions. Nothing is so hard that having grinded more gear makes you more fit to do. The only reason I am where I am is because I'm a completionist that had a ton of spare time in game. I hate the guys that act elite and don't even have the knowledge to help out a noob if they had to. It hurts the community when the "vets" are so up their own noses that they can't see the game doesn't advance without new guys/girls

I host a lot of random void missions and invariably the much higher mastery rank people go down a lot and have trouble surviving unless it's a strict camp with familiar things that they are used to using as a squad. It's kind of frustrating to watch them fail so hard, thinking that their mastery rank might have meant they were decent, but nope! Oftentimes the highest mastery rank is the weakest link on the team. 

Now, a lot of high mastery rank people actually are really good, but there are tons that aren't. People really need to stop using it to judge skill. 

well if your ego is hurt enough to have to rant about it on the forums, maybe you need to rethink a few things yourself.  Being "elite" in a few things is only good until versatility needs to come into play.  Most players would want a guarantee that what you have will compliment the team, not yourself, and the only way to do that is make sure you've leveled a lot of gear and have kept it all.  Mastery may not guarantee prestige, but it certainly means you've tried more gear and can master more gear.  Get off your high horse and start branching out a little so you can be "elite" in many things, not just a few.  It's more respectable as well imo.

Edited by PriZms

players dont have any other tools to ensure squads are filled with reliable people from pubs so its natural for players to default to MR or game time even thou its not accurate 

better to ask the developers of the game to introduce a new, better and more reliable way to assess other players competency levels instead of a arbitrary 'how many items leveled to 30' rank or hours spent derping around in game 

Hey man - don't sweat it. I'm MR19 and had a guy drop on Draco even though my buddy was also in (MR19 as well) and we were running fully leveld frames..  all because i was caryying an unranked MK1-Strun.  Never mind I was running Telos AkBolto's formaed to the gills, a Prisma Skana, formaed to the gills (crit build), and an Excalibur Prime.  Any player worth his salt would have known I could have been hodling a Soma P, Tonkor, or Boltor P. maxed out to the highest they could go and I wouldn't have ever needed to draw it a single time in that match. 

They missed out on a chance to play with you - no big. Others will get the privelage I am sure. :)

Loki does the most work in the raid and most of the time is the leader, you have to type a bit more to show why you can take the important role. In fact, just show you have a nightmare raid emblem and you're good to go most of the time.

Seems to me you don't understand why you're rejected from a raid, it's not just MR related. It's because of your frame choice. If you have a max range mirage, it doesn't matter what MR you are because all you do is mash 4. Loki does all the hacking, disarming, bomb carrying and most people want a max primed flow Loki.

Your other Loki builds don't matter, there's a specific Loki build in mind.

Oh yeah, your weapon choices don't matter either, you don't want to be killing most things in a normal raid. For nightmare raid, you just kill drones. If you're killing things, then enemies respawn with guns, without slow debuff and can get you and your team into unnecessary problems.

You want to complete the raid, then show the experience. Slap the emblems on your frame and let them see your profile with them on. If nobody wants you, then stop leeching keys and make your own team with your own key. 

Edited by ivlr3vil

well if your ego is hurt enough to have to rant about it on the forums, maybe you need to rethink a few things yourself.  Being "elite" in a few things is only good until versatility needs to come into play.  Most players would want a guarantee that what you have will compliment the team, not yourself, and the only way to do that is make sure you've leveled a lot of gear and have kept it all.  Mastery may not guarantee prestige, but it certainly means you've tried more gear and can master more gear.  Get off your high horse and start branching out a little so you can be "elite" in many things, not just a few.  It's more respectable as well imo.

MR means nothing if all you do is camp at draco or any other XP farm. I would rather have a guy that knows what his style is and caters his time to that. Anything above MR8 is negligible. You can get anything in game at that point, but not everything in game is worth getting. MR elitism hurts the game.  

I host a lot of random void missions and invariably the much higher mastery rank people go down a lot and have trouble surviving unless it's a strict camp with familiar things that they are used to using as a squad. It's kind of frustrating to watch them fail so hard, thinking that their mastery rank might have meant they were decent, but nope! Oftentimes the highest mastery rank is the weakest link on the team. 

Now, a lot of high mastery rank people actually are really good, but there are tons that aren't. People really need to stop using it to judge skill. 

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact to get to MR19 you probably had to do a little bit of grinding, and that grinding probably involved some camping.  I know when I finally got to 19 and stopped grinding I had a couple days where it was hard to adjust getting back into a highly mobile play style.

TL:DR

Basically I am complaining that I am getting rejected from raid groups because my Mastery Rank isn't high enough. Even though I have nearly maxed both my Mesa and Loki, who also have a big arsenal of powerful and multi-forma'ed weapons at their disposal.

Hey guys - I have been trying to join raid parties with my Loki Prime, which has the following gear at its disposal:

5 forma Soma Prime

5 forma Boltor Prime

4 forma Dread

3 forma Akvasto

3 forma Orthos Prime

3 forma Dakra Prime WITH Crimson Dervish AND Loki's bonus 400% melee damage.

3 forma Tipedo

3 forma Galantine

3 forma Scindo

It might also help to note that I also have 3 Loki builds. Perma, and I mean PERMA invisibility, then a radial disarm build, and then finally a hybrid of the two.

Now to the point of the thread. I keep getting rejected from raid groups for being MR7.

ALL OF THAT ABOVE ^^^^

It's like it doesn't even exist anymore because I'm not one of the elite "Mastery Rank 12 or more hardcore players".

I'm getting sick and tired of it. So I'm basically just going to grind out Draco with a Mesa / Frost / G-Mag for like 6 hours, just so I can earn the title of "Mastery Rank Elite". This is utterly pathetic that I'm getting discluded from content and being punished for narrowing in and mastering my Loki and my Mesa builds. Just because I don't have a bunch of non-forma'd and non-potatoed level 30 gear, I'm considered a noob. I'm sick of carrying the entire party every mission, just to find out that I'm the only Mastery Rank in the party that is below MR10.

So are you happy now? Am I now going to be a skilled player? Does a number next to my name make me worthy of your raid party?

- end rant.

I know that a number doesn't seem that important, but consider it a form of validation. For instance, getting a 4 year degree in physics, even if entirely irrelevant to the job field, still shows that manager at JC Pennys that you are a thinker, that you are willing to stick it through, and that you are good at comprehension, and critical thought. Even if it's silly, it's still proves a point.

In the same way, a high MR is a great way to show how dedicated you are to the game, that that you've been around the block more than once. It may not prove you are skilled, but at the very least its something they can look at because...well...Randoms suck in my experience. 

I'd say find a clan. While I may have some clanmates with Low MR, I know what they are capable of, and with that knowledge, I'd take them along. Would I ever take a Random?...well...I couldnt tell you. Having rank 30 on an item doesnt mean much. Having several forma on one item doesnt mean much. In fact, I'd prefer MR over forma, because multiple forma, with low MR, can mean that you aren't very versatile, and I want versatility. 

I mean, given the rationale, can you really blame me?

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

MR means nothing if all you do is camp at draco or any other XP farm. I would rather have a guy that knows what his style is and caters his time to that. Anything above MR8 is negligible. You can get anything in game at that point, but not everything in game is worth getting. MR elitism hurts the game.  

did you not read my post? I specifically said mastery rank does not guarantee prestige, but guarantees that you have at least tried (and hopefully kept) more equipment to compliment the "team".... or do you need a dictionary?

did you not read my post? I specifically said mastery rank does not guarantee prestige, but guarantees that you have at least tried (and hopefully kept) more equipment to compliment the "team".... or do you need a dictionary?

*grabs digital popcorn* O_O

Edited by (PS4)Madkiller2580

I see what you mean, but MR still means more than 8 forma weapons, even if all you do is camp Draco. I mean, 8 forma weapons can also be achieved by camping out on Draco with boosters.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

I see what you mean, but MR still means more than 8 forma weapons, even if all you do is camp Draco.

Again, you're either not reading or not comprehending what I'm saying.  I know mastery isn't acquired past one time of leveling something to 30, which is why I said "more equipment", not "multiple forma on the same thing".  Unfortunately, all mastery is is how much you've leveled or done new missions, therefore telling other players how much you've branched out in the game.  Skill is based on how much dedication you've put into bettering yourself.  Do I need to keep repeating myself, because at this point that's all I'd be doing?

Again, you're either not reading or not comprehending what I'm saying.  I know mastery isn't acquired past one time of leveling something to 30, which is why I said "more equipment", not "multiple forma on the same thing".  Unfortunately, all mastery is is how much you've leveled or done new missions, therefore telling other players how much you've branched out in the game.  Skill is based on how much dedication you've put into bettering yourself.  Do I need to keep repeating myself, because at this point that's all I'd be doing?

Again? Whoa, buddy. Hold the phone. You havent spoken to me before. I get what you mean. I'm only expressing my rationale. Suck on a chill pill, friend.

I wish to all defenders of low mastery rank players to play raids with low ranked noobs that don't even know what to do there, don't have the mods etc. You will either fail or sit there again and again for hours until you win. Every time i played raid with player<14mr in a party, we failed.

The more mr is the more chances that player knows what to do, has right builds and mods.

You want to say something against me? Go to nightmare raid right now with your 7 rank people party, lol