Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Joining The "mastery Rank Elite".........

Raids don't require you to be elite and in fact it is complete bullS#&$ when people recruit by mastery rank, they should always check your loadout first and if it suits the needs of the squad then they should invite you. Raids do not require mr10+ or mr14+ Hell I at mr11 was able to survive much higher levels than the raid past the hour mark of a T3 survival.

When you're receiving 20+ messages from 20 different loki's...The average player "probably" will not add everyone of them, then go to their friends Just to look at each and everyone of their stats....Come on now...It's a a lot easier to just set a benchmark on Mr. to rule out those "not so good" players or thee inexperience. Yea, this method isn't too accurate but it's less stress on the host ... 

We are talking about a bloody raid? Not a hr long t4. Also he listed 3 of the best weapons in game with a few formas. I could go in a raid without the forma'd weapons and still spank. If what he brought was a loki then what they needed to know was that he knew how to carry a bomb. Everything you just listed in your original post which I am replying to was MOOT. Trying a bunch of weapons is moot as well. I have a bunch of lv30 weapons that I just carried with me so they could gain affinity. Do I know how to properly use them all? Not a chance but it's never been that hard, but do I still handle my own? You bet my sweet hams I do. Also I never said I was against anything...if anything you need to follow that last bit yourself to heart. 

you should probably have followed the rest of the sub conversations I was in in this thread before talking...  Don't be that guy and take one post out of context of many.

Also, if you're going to only be dedicated enough to just sit there and level, that's the only kind of respect you'll get as a player, and no one wants that.  If you were dedicated enough to learn about those weapons, spend long nights figuring out modding for them, figuring out their playstyles, and then approaching someone hosting a raid saying "what do you need? I have it.", then that is something I would welcome in a hurry.  In fact, just thinking about that is exciting, but no one ever does it, because they're so greedy and just want their @(*()$ xp.  Selfish pricks (yup, name calling, but hey... at least it's honest)

Its okay because it only gets worse. You may think they drop you now because of mastery rank, but in another thread I am in players want the option to fully view your setups/mods on each weapon/frame you have and thereby determine if your setup does not match what they consider the perfect build you get booted.

I love how people seem to forget the key of this being a GAME

...I specifically said mastery rank does not guarantee prestige, but guarantees that you have at least tried (and hopefully kept) more equipment to compliment the "team".... or do you need a dictionary?

There is no guarantee that players have even used weapons that they have ranked, given you can rank a weapons without ever using it because any affinity earned by other players is shared to your weapons.

There is no guarantee that players have even used weapons that they have ranked, given you can rank a weapons without ever using it because any affinity earned by other players is shared to your weapons.

look up and read the responses.

So, if I advertise "Raid. LF Irradiating Loki", and I get ads from eight people, and one says MR19...and I check to see if others are the same MR to see which has a solid visual number that I can see, which is at least something tangible that I can see...am I a jerk for accepting him? 

Because that's usually how Recruit Chats go.

It's not ONLY because you are Low MR. Its because High MR folks also are contending.

Hmm, That is true, but I'll still take the player who maxed out them weapons...Even if he didn't "use" it, in the mission at all..

It's been stated again and again, Basing a player skill off of Mr. isn't accurate, but it's a "nice" benchmark we have of now...

you should probably have followed the rest of the sub conversations I was in in this thread before talking...  Don't be that guy and take one post out of context of many.

Also, if you're going to only be dedicated enough to just sit there and level, that's the only kind of respect you'll get as a player, and no one wants that.  If you were dedicated enough to learn about those weapons, spend long nights figuring out modding for them, figuring out their playstyles, and then approaching someone hosting a raid saying "what do you need? I have it.", then that is something I would welcome in a hurry.  In fact, just thinking about that is exciting, but no one ever does it, because they're so greedy and just want their @(*()$ xp.  Selfish pricks (yup, name calling, but hey... at least it's honest)

I'm sorry but it only takes one stupid comment. From the way you went on I didn't figure it was much else to read. I'm not gonna read through a bunch of posts to see if you wised up (because lets be honest, someone who comes off like you did surely don't). Plus considering you just spouted the same crap says there was no purpose in it. Plus even now your talking as if a lot of people aren't just going off MR instead of actual skill. It doesn't take skill for a high MR, it takes patience. It doesn't take skill to master a lot of weapons mod wise. It's a google click away. It doesn't take skill to use frames the right way, it's plain out sense (or for others, also a google click away). Last but more importantly, Raid isn't rocket science. I think your mistaking this game for a RTS, strategy, some dungeon crawler, a thinking game or something cause Warframe ain't it. BUT I guess without people like you I would have to go through the long process of testing everything out so I suppose a thanks to you all is in order~

-snip-

Calm down friend. There isn't really any way to actually go off of actual skill, but saying that it doesnt take skill to master a lot of weapons and frames is patently false. There are so many things that a lot of folks dont think about when it comes to frames. The result are those idiots that play Volt like Rhino, or Hydroid like Vauban. Since there is no way to actually measure skill in game, aside from long term direct observation, I'd say the next best thing we can do is measure dedication, and MR is about as close as we can come.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

Before the Tenno lie many weapons.

He picks those he wishes to use. Learns to wield them with deadly precision. Later he replaces these with his chosen upgrades.

When he deems a weapon unworthy, though, the Tenno must prove that HE is more than worthy of IT. He must bare the weapon he scorns to Draco, and defeat the Grineer horde without drawing it even once, to show that he does not need it.

He must do this with every weapon he deems unworthy, or unsuited to his preferred style. He must go out of his way to find weapons he does not want, and bare them to Draco as well.

Only then, can he be said to have proven his character.

If a Tenno says to you, "I have not carried the strun, the ballistica, and the ether dagger to Draco, I did not wish to," how do you know he will not say, "I will not carry the bomb, I do not wish to?" You cannot know this. He is unproven.

Before the Tenno lie many weapons.

He picks those he wishes to use. Learns to wield them with deadly precision. Later he replaces these with his chosen upgrades.

When he deems a weapon unworthy, though, the Tenno must prove that HE is more than worthy of IT. He must bare the weapon he scorns to Draco, and defeat the Grineer horde without drawing it even once, to show that he does not need it.

He must do this with every weapon he deems unworthy, or unsuited to his preferred style. He must go out of his way to find weapons he does not want, and bare them to Draco as well.

Only then, can he be said to have proven his character.

If a Tenno says to you, "I have not carried the strun, the ballistica, and the ether dagger to Draco, I did not wish to," how do you know he will not say, "I will not carry the bomb, I do not wish to?" You cannot know this. He is unproven.

You sir, can have some of my popcorn...Only because I felt like I was reading a bed time story O_O

I should clarify what I meant by near max Loki. I have a rank 9 Primed Flow, rank 8 Primed Continuity, and a rank 8 Narrow Minded. So I'm just a total of 5 mod upgrades away from being 100% maxed on all 3 of my different Loki builds.

As for Mesa - I would never bring Mesa into the raid. I just figured I would get crap on the forums if people only thought I focused on my Loki. The Mesa was to try showing some versatility :p.

You didn't show versatility at all. All of you were too gentle with this guy. On your main post the impression, that I got, was like "YOU SEE IT?! HOW MUCH POWERFULL I AM?!".

You don't need power, you need to be able to play in a team, knowing the mission and other things. On your arsenal you miss partially the 4 principal frame to bring on raids: Vauban, Nova, Trinity, Loki (owned).

And from what you wrote, I didn't understand if you knew how to use a loki for CC (permanently invisibility = Narrow Minded, not a good idea if you should disarm the whole map). Probabily you knew it, but better say it, next time.

Oh don't missunderstand me, usually I don't care the rank for raid, I do it with my clan's buddies and sometimes a rank 2 join the group (sometimes just with a excalibur not even at 30).

What I'm trying to say, if you don't have friends to do a party on your own, try to get at least the principals warframes and mods that you will need for it. Ah ye, you should try to see a guide on youtube, so you know for which part you could be usefull (with a low range loki and a mesa you are partially useless, better bring an excalibur).

Ah yes, I wouldn't have accepted you in my random raid, with that equipment. The other guys where too much kind.

Edited by DoctorWild

Calm down friend. There isn't really any way to actually go off of actual skill, but saying that it doesnt take skill to master a lot of weapons and frames is patently false. There are so many things that a lot of folks dont think about when it comes to frames. The result are those idiots that play Volt like Rhino, or Hydroid like Vauban. Since there is no way to actually measure skill in game, aside from long term direct observation, I'd say the next best thing we can do is measure dedication, and MR is about as close as we can come.

Yea imma quick draw in life so can't help it but apologies all around~

But i'm sorry it does not take skill to use weapons, at least what I consider skill. This game supports spray and pray, this game gives a lot of leniency to a lot of things and only puts a roadblock in endless missions or people following "rush for dear god" tactics. I can see what you mean but just don't see the skill needed imho. But I will agree with everything else

I have completed the raid on normal difficulty once. It went without a hitch. I studied the raid thoroughly before attempting it. Might also help to add that I used to play Destiny. Had 500+ hours on it and I lost track of my Vault of Glass completions after I hit the 50 raids achievement.

Let me clarify what I mean by being rejected by raid parties:

So if I am advertising on recruit, I will say something like "LOKI LF RAID GROUP" and I usually get a PM saying "MR?". When I say 7, they pretty much always go "No" or "bye".

Then if I'm replying to an advertisement. It's usually along the lines of someone saying "RAID - NEED RADIAL LOKI". Then I'll reply with "I'm a radial Loki", and then they will drop the "Mastery Rank?" Question on me.

Not so sure if your reference to Destiny helps because I have not seen even a gameplay trailer/video of that game.

anyway, i'll take what you said at face-value, and the advice I can give you is sure tell them your mastery rank, it's their preference but be sure to let them know that you have done it and you know what to do, and thus will not be a risk for the team.

Best if you can find a good lad who host them regularly and brings you along because he knows you know your stuff. 

I'd rather see your Fire accuracy (not really important for raids), missions completed/failed, and your load out. Those things alone would be important to me. I checked a MR 19 player, who kept dying in a mission, once and it turned out he'd done barely a quarter the missions I had and had failed five times as many. His fire accuracy was abysmal and to top it off he was bragging to the lower MR, better players, on the team. MR means nothing if you draccoed your way through your gear.

The only players who require a mastery rank of other's are probably noobs most veteran players know there is more than mastery rank to skill

This may be true of void missions (i recruit whoever because its not hard to get to rotation C), but when it comes to RAIDS, its a huge risk to waste an hour on some low MR players.

Trust me- i learned the hard way. i failed with low MR randoms often. From players not getting on pads, to even losing at Vay Hek because NO ONE was opening doors. Now i wont do a NM raid with any player under mr10. Sure, there are a few mr19 that dont know the raid well, but more often than not it goes smoother with a bunch of mr10+ players.

i will say one of the best and smoothest groups i played in had 2-3 low MR players who were new to trials- but that was the rare exception.

Edited by Hypernaut1

This may be true of void missions (i recruit whoever because its not hard to get to rotation C), but when it comes to RAIDS, its a huge risk to waste an hour on some low MR players.

Trust me- i learned the hard way. i failed with low MR randoms often. From players not getting on pads, to even losing at Vay Hek because NO ONE was opening doors. Now i wont do a NM raid with any player under mr10. Sure, there are a few mr19 that dont know the raid well, but more often than not it goes smoother with a bunch of mr10+ players.

i will say one of the best and smoothest groups i played in had 2-3 low MR players who were new to trials- but that was the rare exception.

Done raids with MR 6 and 7 before no problem ask them if they've done it before and if they haven't then walk them through it only problem I ever have with newer players is getting them to sit still on part 2

well there are to loki builds needed for raids, the first is the perma inviz, and the second is max ranged radiation disarm. Ive run many raids playing with my disarm loki, Hell I actually ran a few raids with my post revamp excal, super fun with him. Its to bad Loki with ID is able to out preform a Chaos nyx though :/

You only need one Loki build really if you want to four man the normal or five man the nightmare raid.

You don't need power, you need to be able to play in a team, knowing the mission and other things. On your arsenal you miss partially the 4 principal frame to bring on raids: Mirage, Nova, Trinity, Loki (owned).

57 meter or so blind is more useful than a bastille to be honest. I guess it's debatable in the end.

Also to the OP, you should show a badge if you have it. If you don't have one, then go out and earn it with your own key. That's starting to become the standard for raids in PC. I've been asked twice about showing my badge for raid groups already. Obviously, a nightmare raid badge is better to show off.

Edited by ivlr3vil

Well I'm about to hit 19 I think super close to it... And I have a bunch of prime crap to build but I'm lazy to farm cells... Anyway my point is that there are a lot of players who have ranked up just to rank up then sell their stuff and then there are people like me who keep all the weapons.

I have every weapon in the game and I've tried it, used it, loved it or hated it, and still kept it for collection purposes or if they are required to make a new weapon. But what I'm saying is that I spent a ton of time playing with basically every weapon in the game, and I can pretty much tell you if your weapon build smis legit or sucks by glancing at it. Not that I consider myself elite, I think that's a $&*&*#(%& term, and people who use it are more of the CoD or Eestiny shooter group. I will say being MR 19 almost, I've been around the block once or twice... That's about it.