Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Joining The "mastery Rank Elite".........

Do you really expect people to take a chance on a MR 7 in a raid? Everything you have said is lost in irrelevancy because you're skipping over the fact that you're MR 7. The fact of the matter is that higher MR = better gear (I.e. the most important thing in this game).

OP, there are always exceptions. You being one if them, but the overwhelming majority do not deviate from that rule. Personally, I'm ok with an MR 8, but I can tell you now that I feel better with an MR 10+.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

These posts appear every day on this forum. In regards to raids, I hate recruiting chat, I've stopped going in there a few weeks ago and have a party I do the regular raid followed by a nightmare with every night. When I did go to recruiting chat for raids,  any time the majority of players were below MR 10, I wouldn't get my hopes up on a successful completion.

In response to these posts, I say, why not just get your MR to 10 if you are having trouble getting into PUG games?

It isn't that time consuming to do. Mastery Rank does have its uses. You can tell at a glance and use it in addition to seeing their load out choices. In a public game it is all you have to go on. No one likes to waste time betting on potential failure. It isn't a great metric, but it works well enough. If a player has me concerned by showing up with low MR and bad load out choices, I ask them a few questions about their load-out to vet them and ask them if they have ever ran raids before. 

I guess my suggestion would be to just suck it up and rank up a bit. You might find some new frame or weapon that becomes your new "go to". Until that time, I'd just explain myself when asked my MR and say that I have completed raids before (if you have). 

Also, I don't really understand why low MR players want to go to the raid so bad. Arcane Enhancements don't seem super necessary to me, that I would need to skip everything else and get them all immediately.

Ironically most of the higher mastery rank players have the least amount of game / common sense on their heads. Likely because their brain's been rotted from grinding so much gear and not actually playing to play. 

Ironically most of the higher mastery rank players have the least amount of game / common sense on their heads. Likely because their brain's been rotted from grinding so much gear and not actually playing to play.

Let's see...

Generalizations...check

Lack of supporting text/argument...check

Ignores factual evidence and context...check

Uses the "incorrect way to play" statement somewhere...check

Yep, all checks out for an amazing example of a post against high MR.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

Ironically most of the higher mastery rank players have the least amount of game / common sense on their heads. Likely because their brain's been rotted from grinding so much gear and not actually playing to play. 

I am doing worse then some low MR players some times but that´s mostly because they want to achieve something and I am just playing for fun. so I am testing a lot of different things, whatever comes to my mind.

Let's see...

Generalizations...check

Lack of supporting text/argument...check Check out recruiting or run enough random Survivals and you'll accumulate a little salt as well my friend. 

Ignores factual evidence and context...check   Show me the 'factual evidence and context' I'm missing in critiquing a varied playerbase? 

Uses the "incorrect way to play" statement somewhere...check <~~

~~> Thanks for putting that one in my mouth, maybe I should have elaborated. How well are you going to do when your sole focus is filling bars with guns you don't enjoy? What exactly are you going to learn over someone who came in with the mindset to learn and play outside of the confines of a gear grinding mindset?

I never said anyone was wrong for doing this, did I? I simply notice a difference in how the randoms I've cooped with have faired when you have A. The players that prioritize the grind, and B. The players that prioritize what they have. Neither is right or wrong, but the players that took the time to focus on learning with what they had have faired better. 

Yep, all checks out for an amazing example of a post against high MR.

Wow, look at you go! Heaven forbid I post an opinion based on poor experience with similarly ranked players! 

Raids and MR debate, always bringing out the best on the forums. lol I will say this though, MR doesn't tell you if someone is good at this game or not. I have played with MR 4 players that played well better then the gear they had on. With that said Raids do bring out the worst in warframe. I will only speak of my experience there; when I first started out in Raids I did so from recruitment section and almost every damn raid I join turned into a disaster. Once I learned the ropes through each consecutive failure I started hosting my own raids while providing guidance/orders so that the raid would go smoother. How did that turn out? not good AT ALL, I wasted many keys because people absolutely refuse to work as a team or listen to what needed to be done. A pure exercise in masochism if you will. Then i started asking ONLY for players with experience, indirectly I started getting mostly high MR players (MR 14 - 19 but mostly 17-19) and then all of a sudden the Raids started to become a cake walk. Moral of the story? I don't know really, take that for what you will I have no real opinion on it just an observation.

I agree but it is substantially faster to check your mastery for difficult missions. No one will bring a mastery 1 to a t4 for instance. That Mr 1 guy might be really good but it's still usually safer to go with higher mastery people over the lower ones. Don't blame them, they just don't want to lose. It might be stereotypical but stereotypes are based on true behavior. I guess the only way out is to devote more time into mastery ranks. Having mastery higher than 8 usually means you are devoted to the game. Happy hunting.

Raids and MR debate, always bringing out the best on the forums. lol I will say this though, MR doesn't tell you if someone is good at this game or not. I have played with MR 4 players that played well better then the gear they had on. With that said Raids do bring out the worst in warframe. I will only speak of my experience there; when I first started out in Raids I did so from recruitment section and almost every damn raid I join turned into a disaster. Once I learned the ropes through each consecutive failure I started hosting my own raids while providing guidance/orders so that the raid would go smoother. How did that turn out? not good AT ALL, I wasted many keys because people absolutely refuse to work as a team or listen to what needed to be done. A pure exercise in masochism if you will. Then i started asking ONLY for players with experience, indirectly I started getting mostly high MR players (MR 14 - 19 but mostly 17-19) and then all of a sudden the Raids started to become a cake walk. Moral of the story? I don't know really, take that for what you will I have no real opinion on it just an observation.

This

You didn't show versatility at all. All of you were too gentle with this guy. On your main post the impression, that I got, was like "YOU SEE IT?! HOW MUCH POWERFULL I AM?!".

You don't need power, you need to be able to play in a team, knowing the mission and other things. On your arsenal you miss partially the 4 principal frame to bring on raids: Vauban, Nova, Trinity, Loki (owned).

And from what you wrote, I didn't understand if you knew how to use a loki for CC (permanently invisibility = Narrow Minded, not a good idea if you should disarm the whole map). Probabily you knew it, but better say it, next time.

Oh don't missunderstand me, usually I don't care the rank for raid, I do it with my clan's buddies and sometimes a rank 2 join the group (sometimes just with a excalibur not even at 30).

What I'm trying to say, if you don't have friends to do a party on your own, try to get at least the principals warframes and mods that you will need for it. Ah ye, you should try to see a guide on youtube, so you know for which part you could be usefull (with a low range loki and a mesa you are partially useless, better bring an excalibur).

Ah yes, I wouldn't have accepted you in my random raid, with that equipment. The other guys where too much kind.

Did you miss the part where I said I had THREE Loki builds?

Each build serves a different purpose.

If the raid party needs a Radial Disarmer, I have a build made for max range and effeciency radial disarm. The rest of the mod slots are reserved for some invisibility and survivability

If the raid needs a medic//hacker//utility Loki, I have a perma-invisibility Loki build designed just for that.

Then I have a hybrid of both builds for a decent ranged radial disarm and decent duration invisibility.

Then yes, you are right. This is a "LOOK AT MY POWER" type of thread. I am pissed that I dumped 150 hours into obtaining the gear, obtaining the mods, and obtaining the cores to make it POWERFUL. I am pissed that instead of grinding Draco, I spent my time running void missions, Derilect, nightmare, and high level planet nodes.

Then on top of that, I got people telling me I'm not versatile nor experienced, because I only have a handful of maximized and tailored gear that is designated for surviving end game.

Then I got the people telling me to learn my role in raids. Since I've made this post, I've farmed Draco to MR12 and now completed the raid 6 times. I know how to carry the bomb. I knew how to from the start, and I know how to even better now.

So ultimately, I don't care what you or anyone else in this post has to say. Everyone treats me like some inexperienced noob for venting my frustrations FOR BEING TREATED LIKE AN INEXPERIENCED NOOB. This forum is so toxic to new players.

I'm MR 17, with over 1000 hours played. And no one gives a S#&amp;&#036;. 

Point being: Yeah its a meaningless requirement, but its easy to get to MR 12+ just buy all the S#&amp;&#036; weps, get all the frames, and level them in draco. I got to MR 12 in under 200 hours of game play.

Funniest thing in this thread is anybody talking about skill.

Warframe is not a game that requires you to be good at it, or good at video games in general. All you have to do is have basic understanding of the mechanics and the necessary gear to complete an objective comfortably. With reasonable enough gear you can solo any content in the game easily with the exception of raids that require a certain number of players.

There's no way to know if someone is competent at MR6 or MR16, or if they played 100 or 1000 hours. At least MR gives them an idea of what sort of gear you likely have access to and have used at least once.

I get that it's frustrating. But it's not elitism. It's just numbers games. The percentage chance for success.

Whoa, dude. I'm MR 15 and I have only used like six forma for things other than weapon building. I forma'd my Excalibur twice and forma'd my dread, despair, and hate twice each, and that is it... You are probably a better player than me in every way, but you still get kept out of high-level groups... This is what is wrong with our community.

Edited by AnimalDamage

MR means nothing if all you do is camp at draco or any other XP farm. I would rather have a guy that knows what his style is and caters his time to that. Anything above MR8 is negligible. You can get anything in game at that point, but not everything in game is worth getting. MR elitism hurts the game.  

IF

Big word there.

There's no guarantee that a player has nor hasn't spent all of their time on Draco.  But at the very least, Draco players are capable of recognizing one thing - It's all about the team comp working together.

Also, once you get up into the range of MR18, there's nearly no way that Draco alone will get you there.  You need the exp from all of the frames to do so.  So at the very least, people that are MR18-19 have experienced most frames in the game.

While I don't think MR is the proper way to judge a person's skill, because it just isn't a direct reflection in any way, it is a stat that suggests that those players have experienced a good portion of the game.  Personally, if I'm in a hurry, I'd be more willing to take a person that has a high MR if they don't have the time to prove to me that they're capable.  But don't try holding that against me, because I purposefully look for players who HAVEN'T run Raids before, to get more of the community involved and enjoying the game.