Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Joining The "mastery Rank Elite".........

So yeah, when someone complains about "random PUGs", that always tells me how far advanced in the game they are.  It tells me they still care about achievement and advancement, so they're not actually a full vet. 

i dont complain about randoms nor am i at the level where i dont care about achieving things.But i can definitely say that ive been in mmos where i was geared to the teeth, and messing up in a dungeon annoyed me, because any kind of failure=annoying in my books

i dont complain about randoms nor am i at the level where i dont care about achieving things.But i can definitely say that ive been in mmos where i was geared to the teeth, and messing up in a dungeon annoyed me, because any kind of failure=annoying in my books

Yeah, different psychology.  To me, failure of another person in a team is a challenge to be overcome.

Unless of course it's one of those crucial timing things or whatnot in raid-type scenarios, then yeah that can get annoying, and I get what you mean in that case - but then again, it's annoying to me only if the person represented themselves as competent and turned out not to be.  Again, 9/10 (unless it's a crucial fail) if it's a newbie or relatively new player who's still learning, their mistake is a challenge for the rest of the team, and it just makes PvE, and particularly random PUGs, more interesting.

Analogous scenario the other day; I was in a random team where someone marvelled how the T4 Void Defence we were doing had been good fun (since his normal experience of defences was that they were boring).  It was good fun because we had a random team with random warframes with varying gear levels, but players who were concentrating and playing their best, so there were some hairy moments, but we pulled through.  The challenge being just within our competence to overcome, was what made it fun.

OTOH, if you're used to set meta teams that make Defences a breeze, in one way that's a cool, good thing (efficiency is a value in many contexts, especially if you're a fairly advanced player and want to get to the peak of gearing), but on the other hand that's precisely what makes Defences boring and predictable.

TL:DR

Basically I am complaining that I am getting rejected from raid groups because my Mastery Rank isn't high enough. Even though I have nearly maxed both my Mesa and Loki, who also have a big arsenal of powerful and multi-forma'ed weapons at their disposal.

Hey guys - I have been trying to join raid parties with my Loki Prime, which has the following gear at its disposal:

5 forma Soma Prime

5 forma Boltor Prime

4 forma Dread

3 forma Akvasto

3 forma Orthos Prime

3 forma Dakra Prime WITH Crimson Dervish AND Loki's bonus 400% melee damage.

3 forma Tipedo

3 forma Galantine

3 forma Scindo

It might also help to note that I also have 3 Loki builds. Perma, and I mean PERMA invisibility, then a radial disarm build, and then finally a hybrid of the two.

Now to the point of the thread. I keep getting rejected from raid groups for being MR7.

ALL OF THAT ABOVE ^^^^

It's like it doesn't even exist anymore because I'm not one of the elite "Mastery Rank 12 or more hardcore players".

I'm getting sick and tired of it. So I'm basically just going to grind out Draco with a Mesa / Frost / G-Mag for like 6 hours, just so I can earn the title of "Mastery Rank Elite". This is utterly pathetic that I'm getting discluded from content and being punished for narrowing in and mastering my Loki and my Mesa builds. Just because I don't have a bunch of non-forma'd and non-potatoed level 30 gear, I'm considered a noob. I'm sick of carrying the entire party every mission, just to find out that I'm the only Mastery Rank in the party that is below MR10.

So are you happy now? Am I now going to be a skilled player? Does a number next to my name make me worthy of your raid party?

- end rant.

The odds of a low ranked player having maxed mods is lower than the odds of a low ranked player having several Forma. I was building Forma at MR2, but I just now got around to maxing out my Vitality, Serration, etc. I am MR13, and I fused my first R10 mod at MR12. Until then, it was all R8 and lower. That, and players with fewer hours and a lower mastery are less likely to have the right mods. It takes a while to farm or buy all of the corrupted mods, and ranking them up takes even longer. Therefore, I would prefer to invite a player with one Forma on his Loki P, and a mastery rank of 15, than a player with three Forma but a mastery rank of 6.

NOTE: I was not directly referring to OP. However, your case shows the extreme end of this trend, and shows that there needs to be a better way to judge a players abilities and strengths than conclave rating and mastery.

Edited by (XB1)JasonsNightmare