Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worried The New Utility Slot Won't Be Worth It

weezedog

Beacuase it's going to require a good 6 polarized slots to be able to use it, locking you into 1 build. The loss of utility from not being able to run flexible builds will greatly out weigh the added benefit of being able to run an extra utility mod. The concept is self defeating.

Nekros and Excalibur can forget about that unpolarized aura slot, you are going to have to polarize it if you are going to have any chance of being able to use the utility slot.

Everyone is going to be running Steel Charge to get the most points :/

Edited by weezedog

Just put forma into frames. It allows for more powerful frames and more devotion to them. If you for some reason cannot fit multiple builds, just build the frame again and have two copies.

Edited by lordpie

Some aura need a revisit so maybe they will balance the auras also. The auras should give equal points for mod cap and some abomination like holstering and the sniper aura and speed aura should be changed. I am wondering what will happening with stamina mods because in my builds often used them.

Funny, I already have two utility mods in my Zephyr build: Rush and Heavy Impact.

So basically I have one extra slot?

My friend zephyr will need aviator o.o the useless mod that was introduced shortly before zephyrs release. Which in turn will be viable with the massive height zephyr can achieve with the added bonus of the anti grav passive that zephyr has combined with the bonus of the glide that will come with parkour 2.0. Id suggest getting rid of rush :S just my opinion cuz mobility is trivialized with tailwind (cuz its copters OP mo fo daddy, grant it its better in more open air situations/areas)

But uh yeah you will gain 1 extra slot so ummm yeah.

Edited by dragonkingdx

They confirmed in the stream that it will be gained in a quest, dunno why people are talking about raids lol

That's true for the first warframe unlock, subsequent unlocks will be obtained in some other unknown means as hinted by the Steve tweet I posted.

Regardless, I kind of doubt it will drop from raids. There's enough dilution in the current raid drop tables and the new one is still a long ways off.

You know that with or without that slot you will be able to play your warframe like you ever did before right? The difference is that you could choose to put an extra forma (or not, I got some frames with points to spend and no slots to do it) and BAM! new mod... or not... but you have the CHOICE

its+free.png

Beacuase it's going to require a good 6 polarized slots to be able to use it, locking you into 1 build. The loss of utility from not being able to run flexible builds will greatly out weigh the added benefit of being able to run an extra utility mod. The concept is self defeating.

Nekros and Excalibur can forget about that unpolarized aura slot, you are going to have to polarize it if you are going to have any chance of being able to use the utility slot.

Everyone is going to be running Steel Charge to get the most points :/

He has a point.

Unlike aura slots which give you extra mod points, these utility slots actually consumes mod points.

Basically you need enough extra mod point capacity in order to put any maxed utility mod in that slot.

For example: A maxed Enemy Sense would require 11 more mod points or 6 if you polarized it but where will that extra mod capacity come from? exactly you need to forma your warframe enough times to gain an extra 11 or 6 mod points.

Yeah its free but for a reason.... and that reason is to shower your warframe with forma.

Currently my 6 forma'd valk would be the only one that can make use of that slot :\

I guess it only benefits players who have already invested time and forma on their frames. for those you haven't yet, well, better start grindin.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

The forma argument is kinda worry some now, esp how all the abilities start at the lowest levels.

I was fine with Forma amount in the beginning, because there were 8 slots, but with 9, and possibly even 10, it requires much more forma to fit everything maxed out. that's a pain of leveling esp with all abilities being reset.

who the hell needs utility in a game where you can move like the most badass ninja without any additions from literally level 0

Utility doesn't only involve movement but it also includes Mods that make your life easier.

Example: Enemy sense, Master thief and mods that make playing more convenient, hence the word "Utility".

You know that with or without that slot you will be able to play your warframe like you ever did before right? The difference is that you could choose to put an extra forma (or not, I got some frames with points to spend and no slots to do it) and BAM! new mod... or not... but you have the CHOICE

its+free.png

I could also choose to only stick with the excalibur, mk-1 Braton and skana...

I could also choose to never pay for any plat.

Also I love how people like you try and dismiss any criticm of a development move by saying the game's free - it's not, it's free to play. Most people who want to play the game at higher levels will need to buy plat for things like slots, or because they enjoy the game and want the comsetic stuff.

Cue the usual muppets claiming they never have to buy plat as they trade everything - here's a question genius: WHO BUYS THE PLAT YOU'RE BEING TRADED!?

If this new slot is like another orakin reactor or catalyst, in terms of availaibilty and function, I wouldn't be too impressed (as it would basically be a pay for a new slot), however, if it had the commoness of forma, and I had to reset my frame, I wouldn't actually mind as that means you have to put some effort into getting your new slot.

Edited by WereFowl

The forma argument is kinda worry some now, esp how all the abilities start at the lowest levels.

I was fine with Forma amount in the beginning, because there were 8 slots, but with 9, and possibly even 10, it requires much more forma to fit everything maxed out. that's a pain of leveling esp with all abilities being reset.

It could be worse, getting the arcanes for my Ember(rage and victory both R3) took considerable more time to grind, then to forma a frame a bit. I am not really worried about putting 2-3 more forma on my 3 forma Ember prime, same as I was not worried about changing polaritys on my 6 forma boar prime with the introduction of seeking fury for a 0.3s quicker reload speed. It is unlikely that people will do it with every frame they have but haveing a bit more options on the one the ones you really like and play all the time is a cool thing. In the end it is the option to change certain not direct power related things on the frame, like speed on Ember, more towards your prefered playstyle.

Edited by Djego27

Personally, I have frames with 4-5 formas and still have troubles slotting all the necessary mods on all 3 different builds they use.

Like my Mirage uses 3 different builds: max duration for run & gun, max Strength for Total Eclipse and max Range for raids.

I tried every combination of polarized slots: there isn't one solution that would fit all 3 builds at the same time, because different builds use different polarities. One would fit with 2 dashes, while another one would fit with 2 V's, while the last one needs 2 D's...

I have to put mods into slots with a non-matching polarity, therefore wasting mod points, to fit every mod in every build, 

No way I'll ever be able to fill an additional slot, now matter how low the cost is. It's just not possible atm with how formas work with configs.

So it's completly wasted on my part for some of the frames I use.

The only way I can think of to use the slot, is to build another Mirage with a totally different polarization build.

Which means another Potatoe, another frame slot, and ofc reforma'ing the frame multiple times.

No

Rucking

Way

Thanks but no thanks, cudos for the effort though.

TL;DR: to me the additional slot is just another band-aid that only make the issues of the current modding system resurface. 

Edited by Thelonious