Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Resident Evil Game And Fallout 4 Details! (Gaming News)

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-umbrella-corps-trademarked-in-europe/1100-6429200/

SO first off, it seems that Capcom has trademarked a new game titled "Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps". Now this isn't 100% confirmed. But from the name, I can assume that it's a sequel of the horrible Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-base-customization-will-have-more-option/1100-6429227/

Fallout 4 Base options will be much more detailed than the housing DLC in Skyrim. Though I am very cautious and skeptical of the game, this is one feature that I do like about the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3s-final-free-dlc-is-new-game-plus/1100-6429215/

The final free DLC for the Witcher 3 is a New Game + mode. Which is pretty awesome.

http://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-wont-force-you-to-kill-its-bosses/

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will have other ways of handling the bosses instead of just forcing you to kill them. This was something that was a huge issue with Human Revolution (though I think that they fixed it with the Director's Cut)

Never played Racoon, only played RE5 and RE6. RE5 was alright, but cheesy.

RE6 was just all sorts of ridiculousness and cheesiness. I played through all 3 stories with my friend. I can't tell you how many times I screamed "MICHAEL BAYYYYY!1!!!!!11!" and it was appropriate. The only thing that made it bearable was how funny how ridiculous everything was.

My friend said we should play through Raccoon to see how bad it was (because for us, bad = funny and ridiculous)

Got any opinions on Witcher 3? I heard a lot of people comparing it to Skyrim, but I don't see people playing it nearly as long as Skyrim (I saw people playing Skyrim months to years after release, it seems everyone has already stopped playing Witcher 3).

Edited by SgtFlex

Never played Racoon, only played RE5 and RE6. RE5 was alright, but cheesy.

RE6 was just all sorts of ridiculousness and cheesiness. I played through all 3 stories with my friend. I can't tell you how many times I screamed "MICHAEL BAYYYYY!1!!!!!11!" and it was appropriate. The only thing that made it bearable was how funny how ridiculous everything was.

My friend said we should play through Raccoon to see how bad it was (because for us, bad = funny and ridiculous)

Got any opinions on Witcher 3? I heard a lot of people comparing it to Skyrim, but I don't see people playing it nearly as long as Skyrim (I saw people playing Skyrim months to years after release, it seems everyone has already stopped playing Witcher 3).

I enjoyed RE5, I found RE6 to be a huge chore.

Racoon City was absolutely terrible. You and your friend should play it, because it's going to be a riot.

I find Witcher 3 to be much better than Skyrim in terms of combat and story, but in terms of replay-ability Skyrim wins (because of mods).

I'm going to be that guy and say that Raccoon City wasn't actually that bad. It was incredibly fun to play with friends. Ridiculously short and made absolutely little sense as to what was happening, but it was really fun. Either that, or maybe I just really liked Lupa and Vector and miss playing around with their cool abilities, I dunno, one of the two.

Witcher always seemed unappealing to me, never played it, not to mention everyone I know who's played it has said it's very linear and repetitive and gets boring fast... That, and no character customization, big turn off right there for me.

ALSO, Testament, is it just me or do I see you quite often in Erebus' topics? Are you a secret-stalker?

Witcher always seemed unappealing to me, never played it, not to mention everyone I know who's played it has said it's very linear and repetitive and gets boring fast... That, and no character customization, big turn off right there for me.

It's actually not that linear, there's tons of different quests to do. If you just do the bare minimum then yes, of course it gets boring. 

The lack of character customization was also an issue with me, but to be fair it is based off a book series so you do have to have the character who is the main focal point of the story.

It's actually not that linear, there's tons of different quests to do. If you just do the bare minimum then yes, of course it gets boring.

The lack of character customization was also an issue with me, but to be fair it is based off a book series so you do have to have the character who is the main focal point of the story.

Geh... Fair enough... Still not too interested though, with RPG games like this, character customization is relatively high on my list of needs, thanks to Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, Skyrim, ESO, Dragon's Dogma, .... Other dozens of games I can't recall because it's 5:00 and I'm brain dead...

Anyway, character customization in RPGs is basically a must/requirement for me, now... OH, Fable. That too. Fable was another with character customizing (in its own, still well done way).

Edited by WingedCrusade

Morrowind is kewl.

OH DEFINITELY, just also hysterical to mock. The first person you meet is literally what sounds like Batman on coke, and the Argonians waddle like penguins. The graphics I can handle, but those too make me laugh too much... I can't play Morrowind though. No clue how to save it on xbox 360, so I just gave up on playing it 'til I figure out what to do about that.

I'd like a Morrowind and Oblivion remastered edition both with Skyrim level graphics. Oblivion's OST and voice acting was fine to be honest and I wouldn't mind if those stayed for the most part.

Edited by WingedCrusade

OH DEFINITELY, just also hysterical to mock. The first person you meet is literally what sounds like Batman on coke, and the Argonians waddle like penguins. The graphics I can handle, but those too make me laugh too much... I can't play Morrowind though. No clue how to save it on xbox 360, so I just gave up on playing it 'til I figure out what to do about that.

I'd like a Morrowind and Oblivion remastered edition both with Skyrim level graphics. Oblivion's OST and voice acting was fine to be honest and I wouldn't mind if those stayed for the most part.

I want an Elder Scrolls game with better combat. 

O w8, they haven't changed it since Morrowind.

I want an Elder Scrolls game with better combat. 

O w8, they haven't changed it since Morrowind.

I just have to ask out of curiosity, what's wrong with the combat? I've never found a thing wrong with it and can kill things sufficiently well enough on hardest difficulty be it Archery, sword swinging, dual-dagger flailing, or fireball throwing.

I just have to ask out of curiosity, what's wrong with the combat? I've never found a thing wrong with it and can kill things sufficiently well enough on hardest difficulty be it Archery, sword swinging, dual-dagger flailing, or fireball throwing.

It's a form of 1 directional combat in which you essentially just keep charging at the enemy and either block or attack. Dodging is non-existent (if you say hold left and attack, that doesn't count because you don't even dodge effectively). I've played RPGs with much better combat than Skyrim that raises the tension of fighting the enemy. Why can't Bethesda just place in a simple dodge mechanic, it doesn't have to be as fast or even as agile as Bloodborne, just a simple little dodge to avoid getting attacked. 

It's either: 

A. You and the enemy come after each other

B. You keep chasing an enemy who runs away from you because he's a magic user

C. You keep running away from a melee user because you use magic

In Morrowind and Oblivion, I'm a bit lenient on this due to their release dates (especially with Morrowind). But with Skyrim, they had plenty of time to re-vamp the combat. But what did they do? 

Dual Wield magic and weapons and Executions.

While Dual Wielding is cool, the executions do nothing but act as a flashy distraction that only happen at random chance when you deal more damage than the health they have left.

And this goes further into the Fallout games, with how the regular gunplay is the most boring thing ever. It's so stiff that I'd swear your arms are planks of wood in front of your face.

If you play Morrowind and Skyrim, you'd notice that the combat hasn't changed a single bit. Hell, there was this Dark Souls mod for Skyrim, I downloaded it, and then got rid of it within the first 45 minutes of playing the game. Because the lack of dodging resulted in enemies dealing huge amounts of damage very quickly and just blocking constantly just gets really boring. 

Edited by TheErebus.