Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rant To Release Tenno From Lotus Iron Grip

greatmin

Can we trust the Lotus? She is only giving us orders and we don't even know if she exists! She may be a projection to brainwash the Tenno sent out by.. anyone really, Grineer, Corpus etc. Just assisting Corpus and Grineer is not enough I propose to let us switch sides completely. The Lotus is evil!... possibly. Personally I sympathize more with the Corpus!

PEACE!

Developers have confirmed several time already that the Lotus is benevolent towards the Tenno. Besides, have you missed all of her motherly reactions over deaths of certain operators? 

I swear these threads just make me imagine the posters as one of those guys who desperately want to be cool, edgy and different.

Part of your hypothesis is debunked by the fact that the Devs have said she is a real entity that has recently had full in game assests made for and we will eventually be doing a quest or mission where we actually see her in person. So she's not a projection sent by anyone but herself.

As for switching sides, no. That would be too big of a change for the game I think. Gameplay wise it would break the system way too much.

Edited by Ceryk

I'm talking from an ingame perspective. Does not matter what the devs say. The reality is that she is controlling us as far as ingame says! I might have missed about the deaths of the operators, then again. Did my Tenno care for them?

Edited by greatmin

I'm talking from an ingame perspective. Does not matter what the devs say. The reality is that she is controlling us as far as ingame says! I might have missed about the deaths of the operators, then again. Did my Tenno care for them?

Okay...

YOU are the Tenno controlling the Warframe. You should have seen the forums when Tubemen of Regor was live, lots of people were saying that we shouldn't side with Alad because of his experiments involving Tenno...

Edited by izzatuw

you don't understand. the devs make the game. they are the gods. if the gods tell you that lotus can be trusted, you trust the lotus.

The Tenno are not people. They are not something you want let loose. They are a weapon, little more. Therefore, they have to be directed very precisely - this is what the Lotus does.

In the tutorial, it's clear that the Lotus cares for your well-being. In the Mirage's questline, it's obvious the loss of her operator weighed on Lotus heavily. During the Chroma quest, Lotus explicitly states that you shouldn't engage the Sentient-controlled frame, and then there's also her commentary on the G3. 

Edited by Gale47

Part of your hypothesis is debunked by the fact that the Devs have said she is a real entity that has recently had full in game assests made for and we will eventually be doing a quest or mission where we actually see her in person. So she's not a projection sent by anyone but herself.

As for switching sides, no. That would be too big of a change for the game I think. Gameplay wise it would break the system way too much.

Gameplay wise it could be like making a Resist the Lotus clan or having protests in the Relay stations :)

Thats like saying that GLaDOS is your best friend in the Portal games even after Valve (and both games) have shown her to be the antagonist.

She was clearly sad about Mirage's death in the Hidden Messages quest and she seems concerned when the G3 show up, so that paired with DE's statements on her behalf makes it clear that she's on our side.

you don't understand. the devs make the game. they are the gods. if the gods tell you that lotus can be trusted, you trust the lotus.

Sounds awefully similar to a certain Hermit Kingdom...*koff* NK

Edit* this video featuring the Iron Lotus is a prime example of my thesis

Edited by greatmin

Some politics would be fun.. Like a secret infested syndicate you can pledge loyalty to, betraying Lotus. You'll still pretend to obey her, but in certain mission types you'll have secret bonus objective, and when x number of turncoat players do this objective on a node it will trigger a special infestation of that node. And you will be able to join infested and help them harvest fresh flesh, but only if you're in infested syndicate. Could be fun.

The Tenno are not people. They are not something you want let loose. They are a weapon, little more. Therefore, they have to be directed very precisely - this is what the Lotus does.

In the tutorial, it's clear that the Lotus cares for your well-being. In the Mirage's questline, it's obvious the loss of her operator weighed on Lotus heavily. During the Chroma quest, Lotus explicitly states that you shouldn't engage the Sentient-controlled frame, and then there's also her commentary on the G3. 

What if the Tenno have evolved and can show.. Emotions and stuff.. Also the warframes seems immortal since they can respawn unlimited times.

Developers have confirmed several time already that the Lotus is benevolent towards the Tenno. Besides, have you missed all of her motherly reactions over deaths of certain operators? 

I swear these threads just make me imagine the posters as one of those guys who desperately want to be cool, edgy and different.

Thats like saying that GLaDOS is your best friend in the Portal games even after Valve (and both games) have shown her to be the antagonist.

She was clearly sad about Mirage's death in the Hidden Messages quest and she seems concerned when the G3 show up, so that paired with DE's statements on her behalf makes it clear that she's on our side.

Thats the point, Let the player decide or the Tenno, who is pretty silent anyway

What if the Tenno have evolved and can show.. Emotions and stuff.. Also the warframes seems immortal since they can respawn unlimited times.

You're anthropomorphizing them too much. They're not human and whatever they may feel, it's almost certainly completely foreign to us.

Thats the point, Let the player decide or the Tenno, who is pretty silent anyway

From Hidden Messages:

"I see the Sentients crashing down on her, dying in overwhelming numbers. Now she's out of energy, I'm telling her to go but she's laughing, tearing their heads off as they swarm."

"I tell her I won't lose her. That I have another ship on its way. She is smiling because she knows I am lying... Tenno... the second blueprint has been recovered."

"Tenno, that was the last of the imprints. Forge this Warframe in honor of these memories."

And you really think Lotus is evil?

Can we trust the Lotus? She is only giving us orders and we don't even know if she exists! She may be a projection to brainwash the Tenno sent out by.. anyone really, Grineer, Corpus etc. Just assisting Corpus and Grineer is not enough I propose to let us switch sides completely. The Lotus is evil!... possibly. Personally I sympathize more with the Corpus!

PEACE!

Truth_Halo3.jpg

BURN, HERETIC!

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Could be true. They seem kinda braindead actually :/

This was drawn by some awesome dude from the forums: http://i.imgur.com/mk3bjON.jpg. It is my guess that the Tenno look something like this. I'd also urge you to take a look at the Excalibur's back, as well as some of the grayish, barely colourable details on other frames. It almost looks as if there are holes in the Frame showing the traces of what's under it. This is why I believe comparing them to humans is completely wrong; something that's been twisted that much surely had its psyche changed drastically also - you don't want it loose. Then again, it's all just my headcanon so you might as well form your own anyway.

Edited by Gale47

From Hidden Messages:

"I see the Sentients crashing down on her, dying in overwhelming numbers. Now she's out of energy, I'm telling her to go but she's laughing, tearing their heads off as they swarm."

"I tell her I won't lose her. That I have another ship on its way. She is smiling because she knows I am lying... Tenno... the second blueprint has been recovered."

"Tenno, that was the last of the imprints. Forge this Warframe in honor of these memories."

And you really think Lotus is evil?

Well that certainly backs the statement up. However in theory that could have been a way to play on the Tenno's emotions and make it become the ultimate weapon. Besides why is she not dead then? Could definitely be a set up by the Sentients and the Lotus. Just a theory though. Look at Ninja Gaiden. The master is the bad guy in the end.

Well that certainly backs the statement up. However in theory that could have been a way to play on the Tenno's emotions and make it become the ultimate weapon. Besides why is she not dead then? Could definitely be a set up by the Sentients and the Lotus. Just a theory though. Look at Ninja Gaiden. The master is the bad guy in the end.

She is dead. The Frame was rebuilt and is now worn by a new Operator.