Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show The Range Of Melee Weapon On Properties

Farlan

It would help a lot if the value range of the weapon appear in the properties menu while we modify it, it would be good because we could compare the reach of every melee weapon when we equip one and as will be after increasing with a mod.

It'd also be nice to have a visual indicator of extra range, like an extra weapon trail at the end of the swing range. It can be pretty hard to just guess the actual range that something like Primed Reach adds.

Numbers are nice as information, but so is being able to see results.

It'd also be nice to have a visual indicator of extra range, like an extra weapon trail at the end of the swing range. It can be pretty hard to just guess the actual range that something like Primed Reach adds.

Numbers are nice as information, but so is being able to see results.

When I put a P reach in a whip I do not know if I'm hitting or not

Definitely, this would be very much appreciated. Especially as it seems the dex dakra is hitting the same range as the galatine. A least for me.

Definitely, this would be very much appreciated. Especially as it seems the dex dakra is hitting the same range as the galatine. A least for me.

increasing the range from the actual weaponized end would be nice 

It does work.

But having run quite a lot of tests back in the days, my conclusion was that the Reach only increases the range by half of what is written on the mod. So Reach increases the range by 30% instead of 60% and Primed Reach increases the range by 82.5% instead of 165%.

(Lets use the regular Reach (+60%) to illustrate my conclusion)

I believe that the collision mesh of the weapon is being scaled up from the center point of the weapon, like so:

q2jXAH3.png

Instead of scaling from one end of the weapon.

vsm7YzW.png

It only makes sense to scale it up from the center point if the weapon is double edged one, like Staff / Polearms:

oA6EBOV.png