Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The New Timed Wall Latches And And Air Glides, A Timer Indicator Would Be Helpful

myotaku

I was thinking that the crosshair would be a great indicator for this. Since it's already shaped like a semi-circle, if there was kind of a change in the color of the line in a clockwise fashion to indicate when your timer starts and how much time is left, it would be really cool. Since the crosshair is already always in the center of the screen, and for abilities like air gliding where you're already going to be focusing on it, a non-invasive indicator just kinds of make sense. It adds a bit of cold hard calculation to the impending doom of the grinizzle I'm swooping down on.

Maybe if it was just an optional UI tweak in the game settings?

DE mentioned in the latest devstream that there will be a sound effect in conjunction with the wall latch to act as the timer. I think that should be enough.

There are probably some hearing impaired players who would benefit from a visual indicator, just as there are players with joint problems who would be helped by fewer inputs for mobility. It certainly wouldn't hurt, and it might help some people.

Besides, sometimes people play with muted sound/broken speakers, and it's not always easy to pick out audio cues amidst all the explosions and TENNO SKOOM.