Do You Trust The Lotus?

Jo-Epic

From lurking on the forums and reading lore in game I have seen many tenno say they trust in the lotus and many others say that they do not trust her direction.

So to get a rough gauge on the split I want you guys to give a "yes" or "no" with a quick explanation why,

Personally no, I don't trust her because she has withheld so much information and that has forced many to seek out information on our own accord. If she is to guide us, first she must inform us.

Why should we not trust her? Without her guidance, we would be destroyed or turned into a slave by either the Grineer or Corpus. Scott Cawthon said it best "Some things are better left forgotten... For now". Sure, Lotus might withhold certain pieces of information from us from time to time, but she has reasons. Perhaps we as a young Tenno just waking up would not comprehend certain things, maybe as a veteran Tenno we would be misguided by other things. Each Tenno is different after all, sometimes leaving out information that could misguide us is the best guidance the Lotus can give.

No.

She's definitely keeping secrets from us.

Despite the sitrep she gave us when waking up, we're in no real danger of being wiped out by the Grineer.

Remember her conversations with Simaris? Yeah, definitely something off there. 

Dogma, dogma, dogma. I don't trust DE to tell us who to trust, because if they want to surprise us with betrayal they can't be honest about who to trust.

Gut instinct, really. 

Not saying she's going to backstab any minute, but I don't think she's to be blindly trusted just because she woke us up. 

Better than Corpus or Grineer.

Beyond that... Not too much, honeslty but at least I am not convinced she is secretly uber-evil or something. Might be horribly misguided, however. 

Edited by Prospal

Yes, I trust her.

I have said this before, but this is my stance: She woke me up from cryosleep and guided me to safety, in a moment when the alternative would have resulted in my death.

That alone is enough reason for me to trust her. I don't care if she's evil, or if she's withholding information from me, she's the one that's my ally, and until she gives me reason not to, I trust her.

I want there to be something like City of Heroes did with City of Villains, make it so that there are two (or 3) different factions that players can choose from that alter everything about what they do and how they do it, even in the lore sense. No, ESPECIALLY in the lore sense. Have the "ninja" theme stick with the Tenno, but make one more player-based faction that focuses on pure carnage, anarchy, whatever, and doesn't care who or what they kill, just that they kill.

Oh, and whether or not I trust the Lotus... Eh. I think of myself in game as more of a mercenary, so I don't trust HER, but I trust her money I get from running missions.

I think we also underestimate the Lotus's role with the Tenno. I think we are connected to her on a greater level than just a power dynamic. In the Mirage Lore, from the quest the Lotus says that Mirage is too far for her to reach and resurrect. This suggest that the Lotus is directly connected to the Tenno. The Tutorial shows the Lotus overcharging your Warframe-needs to happen more-also revealing how connected she is. The Oro, revealed from PVP shows how resurrection is a in-game lore feature, that also could be connected to the Lotus. I think the Lotus throne will also reveal the true nature of this connection.

So, the point is, I think the very survival and manner in which the Tenno operate is interconnected to the Lotus. She cannot likely live without the Tenno, and so she invariably needs to protect them. As Teshin shows, she at worst is guilty of overprotecting the Tenno.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX