U17 Office Live Stream

tehgreg

If DE did a live stream on the day of a update, would you watch it? Someone could just walk around the office and record everyone's reactions and let us see what's it like when a major update is about to hit.

Something similar to the "update highlights" videos like we used to get on youtube but this time it would be live :O

I have a feeling there is lots of sweating and panic, and saying "not now I'm doing something important". As much as I'd love to see DE's panic face, I feel it's better to just let them do as they do when everything starts to crash and burn and needs fixing...

I have a feeling there is lots of sweating and panic, and saying "not now I'm doing something important". As much as I'd love to see DE's panic face, I feel it's better to just let them do as they do when everything starts to crash and burn and needs fixing...

The sadistic side of me really does enjoy watching something like this, go complete haywire. Less celebration, and more S#&$-hitting-the-fan, is always a plus lol.

Okies, jokes and my wild fantasies aside, I will say seeing every once in a while a little video of just the progress of their work, regarding the newest frame coming out for that particular update, or whatever content they feel like teasing for a few seconds. Generally what they did for the Mirage update, just showing a bit off of her 4th ability, and other tidbits I can't remember on top of my head since I haven't seen that video in ages hahah~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I hope you're not expecting a reaction such as Minecraft coming out of beta at a push of an over-sized button :-)

It is nice to think the night before, the Devs go out on the raz and celebrate its "ready to launch" phase but get drunk knowing the flood in the forums will shatter everything they worked on over the last year or so.

I was pondering this just a moment ago when I saw that there was a thread devoted to updating about the deployment of U17.

DE already has a fairly intimate relationship with its audience, but I was honestly thinking about just a constant 24 hour livestream that would present utter vulnerability to their campus.

In reality, we'd just be making a reality show of them, and that's a horrible idea since it would surely lead to serious psychological scarring.

I wish only the best for our Over Nerds, and look forward to their latest vision, and presume every exhibition of fresh content to be a reflection of how much the crew wants us in on the fun.

Edited by Feuerbrand

I imagine it would show an overstressed dev underling with a caffeine IV and the occasional emotional breakdown every now and then. Scott would be off to the side nerfing Trinity, Rebecca would be tweeting cat pictures, Steve fiddling around with Parkour 2.0 in his pink shorts, the usual stuff. Might just be entertaining.