Stalker Stories

So I was sitting in my tree next to Cindy's bedroom window, minding my own business when.... oh wait, you mean the ingame Stalker?

Then Nightmare alert. Have fun facing him with no shields or powers. Run away while everyone else takes pot shots at him.

Edited by Ryme

Probably when the "lockdown" thing was added for him. Day 1 I was in a game of randoms, the guy stalker showed up for got locked in the room behind us just before we got to him. Chat was just "Nonononono!!" Then there was frantic gunfire... then silence... Poor guy.

It in U8, I got to hitch a ride to Outer Terminus and Stalker appeared. As a noob I had no idea what was going on, all I know is that someone killed him while I was strolling around in the lower part, I only found out a week or so later what the blinking lights and the too edgy image that appeared meant.

Best moment is when the Stalker arrived for me saying 'You shall never leave this place' when we were all stuck on a black loading screen of nothingness whilst waiting for a lagging player to join. Absolutely nothing could be done about it. Needless to say I died before the round had even begun.

I laughed very hard and took screenies.

'You shall never leave this place' ... True dat.

Edited by Naith

I have no good stalker stories as the stalker has become painfully predictable. By the time his animation finishes he is dead because I've had way to long to aim at him and prepare myself to shot.

I guess I would only say how the times have changed in this Tenno V Stalker relationship. When I first fought him wayyyyy back, he killed me with one shot. Nowadays the tables have turned and I generally kill him with one shot.

So I was sitting in my tree next to Cindy's bedroom window, minding my own business when.... oh wait, you mean the ingame Stalker?

Then Nightmare alert. Have fun facing him with no shields or powers. Run away while everyone else takes pot shots at him.

I had same situation except I only had no shields and I was solo.  Though I cut him down in few seconds with galatine (valkyr warcry makes big swords swing at such silly speeds).

I had same situation except I only had no shields and I was solo.  Though I cut him down in few seconds with galatine (valkyr warcry makes big swords swing at such silly speeds).

That doesn't sound right, since he should be dispelling your powers.

Alright, I have yet to actually beat stalker so forgive my most memorable sad stories of my demise. 

The first time I met him he showed up while I was soloing a spy mission and in the middle of my sneaking around a patrol. It didn't end well at all.

The most memorable was during a void run. He spawned in the middle of those death lasers. In the confusion of my squad members gathering around him and trying to beat him down and me trying to stay alive and not getting hit, he managed to land one/two? shots on me, taking down my shield and half my health. Thoroughly confused and desperate to survive, I tried to get away from the terrifying mass of bodies that is stalker and my squad mates only to run into a laser. That finished me. ]:

The most recent encounter was during a void capture run I was hosting. Unfortunately I was starting to have connection issues but my squad and I managed to complete the objective just as things got really bad and I was left in the mission by myself. The lag started to hit really bad that I had to wait five seconds of lag to get three seconds of actual gameplay. Thankfully I was just heading to extraction. In the brief seconds of heavenly movement I did notice traces of black wisps and the lights getting dim but I brushed it off as I had not gotten any taunts from Stalker yet. It was only when I had reached the extraction that the lag eased off and stalkers last taunt appear on my screen. 

I get marks from stalker like I get love letters from a very insistent admirer. Oh wait-

Edited by Noseeno

Two years. Five Despair, two Dread, 20~ Slash Dash, 10~ Blind Justice.

Not one Hate.

Now, storytime;

---

My friends and I started playing in Update 7.1. We decided, just for a laugh, to take our mighty Mastery Rank 3 selves to Pluto, which was - at the time - the hardest content in the game. We were being all tacticool, picking off Crewmen one by one with our Latrons.

We didn't even see him - he spawned in the middle of a horde of Crewmen - and we were dead before we knew what was happening. All we saw was a flash of his health bar, and then the revive screen.

The next day we looked him up on the wiki and learned to anticipate his arrival, but for a few hours we were convinced that on Pluto, the Corpus had ninjas too...

My best Stalker moment was when me and a friend were playing ODS and the stalker spawned. We didn't see him so we went around looking for him only to find him in between lasers dead on the floor. We laughed so hard for so long. Poor, poor Stalker.

Two years. Five Despair, two Dread, 20~ Slash Dash, 10~ Blind Justice.

Not one Hate.

Now, storytime;

---

My friends and I started playing in Update 7.1. We decided, just for a laugh, to take our mighty Mastery Rank 3 selves to Pluto, which was - at the time - the hardest content in the game. We were being all tacticool, picking off Crewmen one by one with our Latrons.

We didn't even see him - he spawned in the middle of a horde of Crewmen - and we were dead before we knew what was happening. All we saw was a flash of his health bar, and then the revive screen.

The next day we looked him up on the wiki and learned to anticipate his arrival, but for a few hours we were convinced that on Pluto, the Corpus had ninjas too...

I feel your pain I'm still waiting on a hate myself and he doesn't. Visit me anymore

I was in a T4D and he showed up. He started doing his damage absorb ability, the other guys wouldnt stop shooting him, and killed the pod in one go.

Oooh, DE should make a "damage absorb" type regular mob. The game is sorely lacking in enemies that require actual analysis and thought beyond "shoot at it until it dies".

I was playing with some people on Sechura and typed in the squad chat that I need Stalker to show up and give me Despair. Not 3 seconds later he shows, kills his target and flees. We were bummed. Later that niget, the other guys decided they were done for the evening. I noticed a forma BP alert going and decided I would just do one more mission myself. Fired it up with my Loki P and Battle*@##$ my kubrow and got dropped in with some randies on the Corpus tileset. Stalker decides he wants to join my game as well and comes for me this time... bad idea. I start running around as my invis times out and he initiates a lockdown as I'm running for the exit. Another wrong move Stalker. Now it's just you, me, my kubrow, and a random Corpus with a red Star Trek shirt, if ya know what I mean. Stalker pops in, Battle*@##$ immediately cloaks us and proceeds to destroy poor Corpus fool while I run up to clueless Stalker and proceed to beat him at his own game. He drops the Despair, the last item I needed in the game to rank up. I jumped up and down in game. :) Made sure to record that one. You can check it out on my profile.

Yesterday happened, I'm a MR13 as Lvl 19 Excalibur equipped Lvl 19 Braton, Lvl 30 Aklato and Lvl 10 Skana.

I was helping a MR0 Volt player in T1 Mobile Defense, giving him some pointers through chat and the light flickers.

-"Fug :DD"

-"?"

-"Stalker is here"

-"void boss? I can help with my latron"

-"no... this is like a shiny pokeman moment, it's different."

-"ok"

Suddenly I was forced teleport to another room where Stalker appeared at and is eagerly to use his Purging Slash to purify my sins for killing Phorid. Without a doubt to do a left barrel roll out of his fiery slash's reach.

-"Hyper where are you??"

-"Looks like he wants to do mano y mano with me alone"

-"waypoint it for me quick pls"

-"Sure."

I quickly press up d-pad for waypoint so, I wanted to show him what he is looks like.

Stalker: "Your Waypoint powers are useless!"

-"fug :DD"

This hunter unleashed the unholy slash Dread arrow directly to my right shoulder with impressive accuracy. But I survived thanks to my depleted shield and was relieved.

Never-mind the tanking his Dread damage, Stalker proceed to use his Hate scythe in order to stun me. I knee my weapons aren't strong enough to kill him, yet I reflexively used my Radial Blind for a escaping method.

But of course, he dispel my fragile power with no effort. Thus killed me off with his Despair barrages and my debt has been paid with my life.

I've killed Stalker four times, the first was a standard kill; Soma to the face the instant he started getting up. No good drops.

The second kill was a lucky Opticor shot. Again, no good drops.

The third kill was a Dark Sector survival run with a Nyx. When he started to appear, I was towing a hord of infested. I cast Chaos and ran away behind a wall. The Infested attacked him for me, giving me time hit him with an Amprex. Stalky dropped Hate.

The fourth kill was the most odd. I forget the mission, but I was using a Limbo and low-level weapons, so I trolled him. He appeared, I banished him. He took some damage and dispelled, but I just kept banishing and unbanishing him over and over until he died. He never even fought back. At least I got the Sigil for that.

Was running a griner exterminate with randoms

Apparently he had a bone to pick with the Nyx in the group

So he shows up

Nyx casts absorb

Stalker kept attacking the Nyx....which obviously didnt work since it had absorb on

He died trying to get through the absorb even in his moment of death

The first time I killed him was my favourite, he'd popped up to kill my mate for eating his ham sandwich or something, and although I couldn't really see him I pointed my Soma where I estimated he was, opened fire and walked forward. After a full clip had gone and the smoke had cleared there was a pile of Stalker mush on the floor, and a nice bow too which was a pleasing way to celebrate my first victory over him.