Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Sprint Speed

Bezeloth

This has probably been brought up before but as we are getting the utility slot i think its a good ocasion to talk about sprin...turtle run. 

This is how it feels which is really dissapointing given the fact that we are space ninjas running on walls and soon to be double jumping and doing more crazy stuff. The base sprint feels like a casual jog trot. 

I propose something along these lines:

-Increase base sprint speed for all warframes by +20%

-Decrease the Rush bonus to +20%

-Decrease Armored Agility bonus to +10%

Here are the changes in a table:

ziSXiUb.png

I did not include the Sprint boost aura as it works for everyone when someone gets it - if you want to include it just add +10% to every number.

With current numbers and the introduction of utility slot Rush will most likely along with Handspring be the number one choice for it.  

With this changes the Rush is not as must have becasue the base speed is more in the actual run range but its not useless as the total speed with it is 10% higher than with old numbers.

Armored agility after change alone boosts the run speed to 130% which is what we currently have with Rush and combined with Rush will grant a +5% over current 145% with both mods.

Upper range of speed is barely lifted while lower becomes the actual run worthy of the Tenno and not a jog trot. 

With these changes handspring probably should be tweaked or excluded from utility slot as its simply too good imho.

Thoughts?

I have no solid data about sprint speed, but default Warframe movement speed is 5m/s affected by speed multiplier (Excalibur with no speed mods runs pretty much at the same rate as Nova's Mprime which travels at 5m/s).

That's for usual jog speed used most of the time.

Sprint speed surely could use an 1up, however, the biggest problem is that running doesn't feel fast, especially with all of this space ninja fluff around it.

however, the biggest problem is that running doesn't feel fast, especially with all of this space ninja fluff around it.

Currently with coptering thats true. But ive watched devstream and bullet jump does not seem as fast as coptering imho. I think that running will be more valuable in 17

Currently with coptering thats true. But ive watched devstream and bullet jump does not seem as fast as coptering imho. I think that running will be more valuable in 17

thats my biggest concern with parkour 2.0... looks slow as hell... cool but slow...

and as someone who can do a capture mission in less then 2 min it kinda scares me...

since by the look of it parkour 2.0 will at least double that time :(

thats my biggest concern with parkour 2.0... looks slow as hell... cool but slow...

and as someone who can do a capture mission in less then 2 min it kinda scares me...

since by the look of it parkour 2.0 will at least double that time :(

If its gonna be like that then it might be good idea to buff drop rates as a compensation.

Id prefer doing one longer mission which i actually have to put some effort into and getting good stuff for it instead of doing 100 speed runs and NOT gettting a reward. Thats me right now farming armored agility still not having one.