Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Augment Idea: Empowered Blade

Acidulant

Empowered Blade:

Adds Edit: N% Additive Base Damage (Affected by Power Strength) to your current Melee Weapon

Enables Automatic Frontal Parry

Equivalent Energy Drain to Exalted Blade

No Energy Waves

I think it's a neat idea for those who want to use thier melee weapon on Excalibur.

Thoughts?

Edit:

All those OP and power creep naggers, Care to elaborate?

Of course it's just an idea, values are subject to balancing

Edited by Acidulant

if you just throw on +200% power strength you are looking at a +750% to base damage. that is absolutely broken with stuff like scindo p drakana and dakra p to name a few. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

if you just throw on 200% power strength you are looking at a +750% to base damage. that is absolutely broken with stuff like scindo p drakana and dakra p to name a few. 

^ I would of said this myself.

I like your idea, but your numbers are way off into the 'absurd' stratosphere. 

^ I would of said this myself.

You guys seems to have forgotten that Exalted Blade itself already has 250 base dmg subject to power STR that's modified with all melee mods. Like I said, numbers are subject to balancing. Should've known better, would've left out the numbers.

You guys seems to have forgotten that Exalted Blade itself already has 250 base dmg subject to power STR that's modified with all melee mods. Like I said, numbers are subject to balancing. Should've known better, would've left out the numbers.

but it doesn't take a melee's base damage into account. it scales with melee mods but the 250 isn't a percentage it's just flat damage.

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

but it doesn't take a melee's base damage into account. it scales with melee mods but the 250 isn't a percentage it's just flat damage.

155% Power STR = 387.5 Base Damage

Presssure Point 120% Base Damage = 387.5+(387.5*1.2) = 852.5 base damage on Blade and Wave

Pressure Point + Bright Purity = 220% Base Damage = 1240 Base Damage on Blade and Wave

Edited by Acidulant

155% Power STR = 387.5 Base Damage

Presssure Point 120% Base Damage = 387.5+(387.5*1.2) = 852.5 base damage on Blade and Wave

Pressure Point + Bright Purity = 220% Base Damage = 1240 Base Damage on Blade and Wave

yea but if you give drakana a +750% base damage you are looking at roughly 831 damage unmodded that's 1828 damage with just PP. more than the damage of EB with those two mods. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

yea but if you give drakana a +750% base damage you are looking at roughly 831 damage unmodded that's 2661 damage with just those 2 mods. more than double the damage of EB. 

You have to take into account that EB hits both with its blade and wave, so, no it's not double dmg of EB

Anyway, numbers are not important. It was just an idea, of course numbers are subject to balancing.

Seems to have the entire thread derailed since the beginning by numbers on a idea-not-even-born

Edited by Acidulant

You have to take into account that EB hits both with its blade and wave, so, no it's not double dmg of EB

Anyway, numbers are not important. It was just an idea, of course numbers are subject to balancing.

Seems to have the entire thread derailed since the beginning by numbers on a idea-not-even-born

but the numbers are very important when looking at a mod and the effects it has on an ability/weapon. you asked for thoughts. The consensus was that with those numbers, it would be something that would be way too powerful. We all understand it's a concept but you asked for clarity on our answers and you see that the damage you can get with the mod is power creep at the max. and it isn't double I went and changed my post because it dawned on me that BP won't go onto the drakana but it is still more damage by alot. 

Pretty sure it requires that the Exalted Blade ability to be used

Guess I misunderstood then sorry for that, seems weird when you say thing like "enables auto parry" ect. when exalted blade already has that if it is an augment why not just say what it changes, removes waves, Increased Melee Damage, changes blade visual

Exalted Blade is already over the top OP and has turned Excalibur to a 1 trick spam E to win pony.  Most of the defenders cite that at least it doesn't blow up the whole map like some spammable ultimates do.

So clearly the Augment should, "When an Exalted Blade wave hits an enemy...blow up the entire map."