Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerns With Parkour 2.0

Serverus_Victrix

Ok, so, to start this, i do not have a video. I was never one for recording things anyways. This post is simply about a couple concerns i have with Parkour 2.0 that i previously mentioned in a thread (which was stupid on my part since i should have just made a thread about it). So, here we are.

My first concern is about Zephyr. Now, I've seen GIFs of people chaining Tailwing and the new air glide together. My main concern is mostly the redundancy of it. And what i mean is, why would i use Tailwind when i could just Bullet Jump instead? They're literally the exact same thing except one of them doesn't drain energy (or anything for that matter). That being said, wouldn't they wind-up rendering Tailwind useless? From a lateral point-of-view, i suppose you could just use a bullet jump and then chain a bunch of Tailwinds to cross massive horizontal distances. But what about vertical reach?

My second concern is with the wall-latch system. According to what was said in Devstream 57, there will be a sort of invisible timer that determines how long you can stay "attached" to a wall. My problem is that you can't SEE the timer. You basically have to just memorize over-time how long the timer is and basically guess how long you have until you let go of the wall. So my idea is to simply make the timer visible. Simply add a transparent circle around your reticule when you're clinging to a wall that slowly fades or drains the longer you stay attached. That way, the timer isn't intrusive, but still apparent enough that you not only don't have to search all over your screen for it, but you can visibly tell how long you have until you have to jump off. The idea of having to guess on an invisible timer isn't exactly appealing to me.

So, thoughts?

Ello again,

If Vertical distance is your worry

WVfRgKh.jpg

I got up here by casting it only once

4V0ZAcB.jpg

And I got up here by casting it 3 times, from the ground

As for the timer, a visual for it would be nice, I agree. 

Edited by SpottedSweater

Ello again,

If Vertical distance is your worry

WVfRgKh.jpg

I got up here by casting it only once

4V0ZAcB.jpg

And I got up here by casting it 3 times, from the ground

As for the timer, a visual for it would be nice, I agree. 

How were you able to pull that off? From what i know, Tailwind should be propelling you horizontally when you're in the air, so chaining them would be impossible even if you're alternating between Tailwind and Bullet Jump. So do you think maybe you could make a GIF or a video of your own showing how you did this?

EDIT: I suppose i should have stressed this more in my original post, but I'm mostly concerned with the idea of simply utilizing a special jump rather than expending energy to cross essentially the same distance. I mean, i suppose you could mod your Zephyr so Tailwind covers more distance, but..... even so, if it's between expending energy and simply using a bullet jump (which doesn't expend anything), I would think the choice is obvious.

Edited by Serverus_Victrix

How were you able to pull that off? From what i know, Tailwind should be propelling you horizontally when you're in the air, so chaining them would be impossible even if you're alternating between Tailwind and Bullet Jump. So do you think maybe you could make a GIF or a video of your own showing how you did this?

It basically works like aerial melee, it will propel you anywhere you aim in mid-air. Say for instense you wish to go up? Jump, aim up, cast it.

Ps: Going to bed, we can continue this later if you wish :)

Edited by SpottedSweater

About the first one, bulletjump will only be better on the first instance of Tail Wind where you jump of the ground, and it is the poorest way to use that skill, every Zephyr player knows that it's always better to jump and then Tail Wind in the direction you want, even if it's straight up. Now from what i've seen, you can't bulletjump while mid air nor when "wall running", so the skill is still useful as before or even beter, you could start your way up by bullet jumping and then using tail wind in any direction, or chaining it with air gliding or whatever, or you can tail wind from a wall as usual, but you couldn't bullet jump from there, again from what I remember, could be wrong.

About the second, I share your concern about that, it would be helpull, even necessary, to have some kind indicator showing the time we have left.

+1 to see that indicator!

As a side note, they said that every mobilty skill in the game is in line for a possible review, so we can definitely expect some tweaks in tail wind in the future.

Edited by EdBazokatone

Have you even used Zephyr? With enough duration Tailwind can propel you in every direction you want (straight up, horizontally forward) for as much as ~120m. Also it can be chained to go from straight up into a horizontal straight lightning fast dash. A bullet jump can barely hope to cover like 1/5 at most of the Tailwind maximum distance.

Have you even used Zephyr? With enough duration Tailwind can propel you in every direction you want (straight up, horizontally forward) for as much as ~120m. Also it can be chained to go from straight up into a horizontal straight lightning fast dash. A bullet jump can barely hope to cover like 1/5 at most of the Tailwind maximum distance.

Actually it has been a while since i used Zephyr. I remember when Tailwind only propelled you horizontally when you were in the air. But upon reviewing the wiki, and later getting on the game to actually try it myself, it seems i was misguided in how the ability actually worked. Like i said, it's been a while since i used her, so i didn't know it was a directional thing.

That being said, i also realized that it's kind of similar choosing whether to copter or use Excal's Slash Dash (as an example). So my concern with Zephyr is utterly gone. My bad for being misguided and out-dated on how her abilities worked (i seriously do not play her enough).

Edited by Serverus_Victrix

Timer will have a sound effect according to Steve. It isn't audible in the devstream because everyone is talking.

This, however, is kind of stupid.... They were concerned about how colorblind players would feel about the purple mist in the Sharkwing areas but payed no mind to the deaf or hearing impaired players who would have no way of knowing when the character will let go.... A visual timer would be simple and great for players like my sister...

A bulletjump can barely cover anything of meaning in warframe