Goodbye Flying Across The Map With Tipedo/bo Prime

Chr1st16n

RIP Rest in Pepperoni's Coptering, You will be missed. 

The only thing that could get from one capture target to the other

The only way to speed run through an entire mission.

The only reason Raid's go faster

The only thing that would let me land on the pod in T4 D

The better way than taking the stairs.

The only way Volt can go so fast at max Speed

RIP

Hopefully bullet jump won't take you away from our memory of holding down 3 keys at once. :'(

It's kind of funny, having seen parkour 2.0 in action, a lot of it is specifically to allow faster travel by using walls and whatnot. Whereas coptering was significantly more useful for covering large open areas rather than tight corridors.

So you'll likely go faster in the tight areas like ships, but slower in open areas like the corpus ice planet with its big empty areas.

Just my observation. Will have to try it out and see if it goes as I expect.

parkour 2.0 just looks awfully bad .. slow ... and that aiming ... I think a lot of people arte going to quit warframe because of that, since coptering was the thing standing out of warframe, which no other game has ...

Im kind of worried too

How it is now: fly across a very large room with just a single coptering

How it will be after parkour 2.0: requires lots of button pressing, timing, and skill, and yet only covers half a distance of coptering

Honestly, I have a feeling that the whole problem could have been fixed just by buffing the coptering distance of every other melee weapons to be on par with Tipedo/etc...

Edited by khk6

parkour 2.0 just looks awfully bad .. slow ... and that aiming ... I think a lot of people arte going to quit warframe because of that, since coptering was the thing standing out of warframe, which no other game has ...

What, a stupid mechanic?

Stole my words.

good bye and dont let the door hit on the way out

Edited by JoMenton

What, a stupid mechanic?

Stupid to some, to others, a suit of power armor being strong enough to exploit centrifugal force and copter around is pretty awesome in itself.

The fact that it was unintentional originally and 'discovered' like flight in our world is also pretty awesome.

The Wright Brothers looked stupid at first to some I'm sure with multiple millenniums worth of humans coming before them not being able to fly.

When I was a kid, the only thing that would have made spinning something heavy around to get dizzy funner is coptering... for me. I'm sure my mother is on your side of that vote.

In my day, tipedophiles were out at the fringes of the system, quietly flinging themselves against walls and into ditches.

With this newfangled Parker 5.7, I see em evrywheres, holding support groups in the middle of the relays, talkin bout their nefarious pasts with wistful sighs. Never woulda happened when the world was younger.

Right, because every other game out there has Warframes, an extensive modding system and a movement system as advanced as Warframe. Right. I guess I should just quit now seeing as coptering is WF's signature mechanic.

Look, some people like it, and some people don't. The new movement system is clearly an improvement on every front, and you simply can not argue that removing a broken feature makes the game any worse. Coptering is an exploit of the old movement system in it's own right, and while it was fun while it lasted, it is not the defining trait of the game. Get over it peeps.

You can still use the tipedo to air attack then bullet jump without looking silly as all hell.

Also why cant you just use an air attack to get up on the pod in t4d??? How were you coptering onto it??

Im actually happy now because i dont have to rush to keep up with people and destroy my poor fingers

I hate coptering. Because of how silly it looks. I like the mobility it brought though.

We'll se how parkour 2.0 fares. The devs can always tweak bullet jump and other things anyway.

Though the fact that we have to press space repeatdely to "wallhop" feels a bit counter-intuitive to me. I mean they're getting rid of the slingshot jump because of how "tiring" (pff) it is, but isn't this just moving the problem somewhere else?

Coptering looked silly to me, and the only reason I used it was so I could keep up with people. The wall "hopping" looks strange and tedious to me, but I'll judge it when it comes out. If people leave over this, I find that kind of silly as well. This doesn't seem like a thing that will break the game to pieces. 

We'll se how parkour 2.0 fares. The devs can always tweak bullet jump and other things anyway.

As Marth pointed out, we'll see how it goes. Keep calm and give constructive criticism once it's out.

I am excited for Parkour 2.0! It looks like there will be a lot of fun and control added with it.

I will miss coptering for a day or so due to mostly muscle and cognitive memory. I copter everywhere, friggin 2 steps lol with a Galatine. It started when I was obsessed with the get 5 'style' kill challenge. I'm not a rusher or a fan of the racing kill element unless I need to do 5 exterminations which I despise honestly. Every time Rebecca landed in the video demo my brain was looking for the slide spin attack at the end, it's just been burnt into my brain after 12+ hrs of grinding daily at some points.

If it's gone it's gone for now at least so we'll have to learn new mechanics but I don't see a problem with some mourning the loss of something they did a hundred times a day in some cases, habit is hard-coded more quickly in some more than others.

* and for humors sake >

In my day, tipedophiles were out at the fringes of the system, quietly flinging themselves against walls and into ditches.

With this newfangled Parker 5.7, I see em evrywheres, holding support groups in the middle of the relays, talkin bout their nefarious pasts with wistful sighs. Never woulda happened when the world was younger.

"If the Tenno Council doesn't crack down on this quick, some of our more vigilant brethren may have to take things into their own hands.

You hear about the Relay Shooting? Some loon wearing bunny ears, a black& red Rhino Frame, and brandishing an Orokin Flag, took out 30 tenno while babbling about balance being fundamental.

Would have gotten more if some Arbiters sympathizer hadn't pushed him off of a platform into an "infinite fall respawn loop", typical...

Serves them right IMO, f@3kin tipettis' "

Edited by OfPowerOfWant